Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archlord the End Game

TazBakerTazBaker Member Posts: 8

The game it's self is a good game.  But without any in game or out of game support it blows.

On Saturday night all servers crashed just before sieges started.  There is a major problem with the log-in server which will log you into other ppls accounts if too many ppl try to log in at once.  Nothing was said by CM untill after the siege time was up.  A number of the sieges only had 3 or 4 ppl fighting each other since most couldn't get in.

On Sunday night (the night of the Archlord event) all servers crashed again, about an hr before the event was to start.  Again we all played the log in game for a lil over an hr before we could get into the game.

But the Archlord siege didn't even start.  And the worst part was it took CM over 4 hrs before anyone even posted anything about it.  And it was just to ask what happened since the GM just woke up.

I just want to let you guys know what the end game is like.  Oh ya and if the sieges do happen and you don't crash playing in one of the sieges is kind of like watching a slide show (have never seen so much lag in any mmo).

Comments

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

I don't think the endgame has anything to do with support issues with the servers/connections. I personally haven't seen any major issue with support, but have had the servers locked out occasionally for whatever reason, it's the way of MMOs, it happens, some games more than others.

In any case, those incidents suck because of their timing but they don't suprise me. I mean, initially there was huge hype about how great AL was going to be. I am sure CM had plenty of resources dedicated to it at launch. From where I sat, it seemed like overnight the game went from "Best thing since cream cheese" to "worse than moldy bread". I'm not sure how that happened, but looking at it from a company perspective I would guess that was a real bummer. No revenue, no new resources.

Then the decisions come down, to launch new games...LotR and such. Why spend money on new resources, AL is doing nothing, take some from there.

Later someone changes it to free to play, and "shock" a lot of people start playing a game that had been ignored for a while. Well, add a new server, great. What about bandwidth, switch and router capacity as well as minor bugs that wouldn't really affect a small amount of players that were ignored? These are issues that need to be worked on and resources aquired for. In the end, it's going to take the game actually making money that can be called a revenue stream before resources are dedicated to fixing these problems well, not just patching them.

As the first statement of your post said, AL is a good game overall.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• TazBakerTazBaker Member Posts: 8

Ya it is a good game overall, or atleast it could be.  The end game "sieges" are whats really bugging me.  It's diffently not fun watching a slide show throught out the siege, or rubber banding over and over.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

This isn't exactly a 'good' game overall. It has good ideas and potential, but bad implementation. Before they even released the game, the first line of priority should have been to fix server stability and get rid of the horrendous lag. Then they should have added in the archlord quest chain, which didn't actually arrive until like half a year after release.

As for gameplay, ignoring the fact that it's a korean grindfest, potion guzzling is the name of the game in pve and pvp. Whoever had the most money was the best in every aspect of the game. They had the best gear, the best potions, and were invincible. I had quite a bit of money myself, so I never left town without 3-4 stacks of the best potions available. I could solo dungeons and get mad xp that was meant to be shared with a group, just because I could chug potions with the auto potion feature until I killed the mobs. World pvp was a joke too. Noone could ever kill me because my potion regen was incredible. Basically, the only way to win at pvp is to run the other player out of potions. Oh, and by the way, you're doing all this while dodging lag spikes and buggy controls. Yeah, the controls suck too. There was like a half second delay between the time you press an arrow and the time your character moves. It doesn't seem like that much, and you eventually got used to it, but coming from a WoW player where movement is flawless, it just doesn't cut it.

I would consider Archlord an 'Okay' game at best. I wasted many hours on it when it came out, and it just wasn't worth it to me.