Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

graphics problem

Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

well ever since i turned my computer on today and tried to play a game i can play for a while about 5 minutes than the graphics get all glitchy and pixels get discolored than the entire screen goes a mixed array of snow and the comupter crashes im feeling i have to just start all over and reformate but any help would be nice.

Comments

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

Nevermind I just did a restart point in my computer thankfully its working so far hope nothing else goes wrong.

• MalignibusMalignibus Member Posts: 1

The same thing happened to me, but i's no changing!

i'm still having this problem even after my reformat so my only logical conclusion is that my graphics card is corrupted and is taking to much from the power supply. guess im going to have to get that nvidia 7900 agp sooner than expected ( i know agp ick)

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

If you post your computer specs here, I can try to help you.

its all good i just ordered that new 7900 figured it was time for an upgrade.

• TallonXTallonX Member Posts: 364
    Funny :) I had the same problem when I first started FFXI too. Yea, prob your gpu. Mine went bad, and I just RMA'd it. you should RMA your card too, then maybe sell the fixed one, get a few bucks back.

~I am going to rule the world someday, I promiseness :D~

its not just FF11 that was messin up it was every single game i owned only games that worked was soiltare and minesweep, but whats RMA im not a computer type of person.

• TallonXTallonX Member Posts: 364
    i think it stands for return mail order. Basically, go to your video card's web site. Find the support of help desk, and figure out how you can return your card so that they'll repair it.. ((as long as it's under warranty))

~I am going to rule the world someday, I promiseness :D~

ah i doubt that its like 3 yrs old plus I got the new 7900 on the way ( stupid agp).