Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Luck

So, to get off of the whole server down mess, I wanted to bring up the subject of luck.  I saw one post in the official forums in which a person commented that HGL has a "luck" modifier on some items, which is essentially the equivalent of magic find.  Can anyone from beta confirm this?  I hope so, as magic find was awesome.  :)

Comments

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by zaxxon23

So, to get off of the whole server down mess, I wanted to bring up the subject of luck.  I saw one post in the official forums in which a person commented that HGL has a "luck" modifier on some items, which is essentially the equivalent of magic find.  Can anyone from beta confirm this?  I hope so, as magic find was awesome.  :)

Yep I have a piece of equipment that has luck +32. I had no idea what it meant though. Perhaps now is a good to to actually read the manual. lol

• It is and it does effect.

I have 200 luck on live and it makes a huge difference on drops. Lots more legendaries have dropped for me along with 2 uniques as apposed to beta where I had no luck and at lvl 22 i had only seen 1 unique.

I am only lvl 14 on live atm so it makes a huge difference if you want a comparison.

• xtwizxxtwizx Member Posts: 36

I have a few items with luck on them. Haven't seen a difference in loot. Even w/o any i've been seeing better drops than what some ppl have reported getting so far. I've gotten at least 20 gold/yellows whatever they are. Tons of greens and blues.  So much loot drops it's hard to tell though.

• FatherGonFatherGon Member Posts: 22

Yes there are items with +luck on them.

Helps alot to find many shiney objects

I as of now have a total of 219 luck.

I find ALOT of stuff.

• Originally posted by namelessbob

It is and it does effect.
    I have 200 luck on live and it makes a huge difference on drops. Lots more legendaries have dropped for me along with 2 uniques as apposed to beta where I had no luck and at lvl 22 i had only seen 1 unique.
    I am only lvl 14 on live atm so it makes a huge difference if you want a comparison.

Awesome.  Thanks for the info.

• DevonsputantDevonsputant Member UncommonPosts: 65

Actually one of my characters in beta had some equipment with luck on it.  I couldn't find where to look in my stats to see how much luck I had though?  But when I donned the lucky armor, then whenever I went into an instance, there was more areas that I could explore.

• DevonsputantDevonsputant Member UncommonPosts: 65

Also... The little icons on the bottom right of your screen... whenever you do something related to those 3 icons, loot appears around you.  What do those icons stand for?  I don't have a book or anything to read, haven't received my game yet.

• FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Originally posted by Devonsputant

Also... The little icons on the bottom right of your screen... whenever you do something related to those 3 icons, loot appears around you.  What do those icons stand for?  I don't have a book or anything to read, haven't received my game yet.

Unless I'm blind, I don't see an explanation of them in the manual, which is kind of annoying (unless, of course, I am blind) ...

• Originally posted by Fargol

Unless I'm blind, I don't see an explanation of them in the manual, which is kind of annoying (unless, of course, I am blind) ...

Don't feel bad.  I haven't figured them out either.  :)  I also didn't see any explanation for them in the manual.

• SunderSunder Member Posts: 334

The manual is uhm... greatly lacking.

• walker68walker68 Member UncommonPosts: 156

had a helm drop with +32 luck right before the servers went down for maint.

• FatherGonFatherGon Member Posts: 22

Thats because ya learn from playing the game

that manual is just a way to print the cd-key

• SilverPhenixSilverPhenix Member Posts: 96

From what I understood, those are short-term achievements to be met, the reward being that loot-drop you mentioned. The hammer-icon, as far as I could tell with my Blademaster, meant something kill "Kill X bad guys using a melee weapon". All three mean something similar. Do all three, and CASHING!

Now playing: City of Heroes/Villains, Age of Conan

Played: Eve, Hg:L, Vanguard, WoW, FFXI, Planetside, Neocron, Battlezone, EQII, AO, CoX, AA, DDO

I win at Vanguard.

• jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by SilverPhenix

From what I understood, those are short-term achievements to be met, the reward being that loot-drop you mentioned. The hammer-icon, as far as I could tell with my Blademaster, meant something kill "Kill X bad guys using a melee weapon". All three mean something similar. Do all three, and CASHING!

Yes it is a mini game There was a guide on beta forums. Im sure there will be another soon.

• jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124