Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a WASD game !?!

xcopymmoxcopymmo Member Posts: 70

Unless I missed some option somewhere... this game is not a W A S D movement based game.

It's a click and move game...

Wow ppl actually paid for that in the past?

You may as well go play Metin2

Oh well just thought I'd mention why I plaid this game a total of 5 mins. =)

Comments

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

I played it for 10 minutes :) Aye I was disappointed too. Only point and click I ever liked was Runescape.

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665

hit "H" for keyboard mode

• tsao284tsao284 Member Posts: 91

yes you have to click h so its keyboard mode.. Kinda smart... Yes i payed for this game awhile ago because the pvp is insane.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

You can enter keyboard mode with "H" and then it becomes WASD.  You cannot keybind though, so what you get is all there is to it.

• xcopymmoxcopymmo Member Posts: 70

Oh ... ok thanks guys..

I shall give the game another chance ...

ty for not flaming my newb'ness = )

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

yeah but wasd isnt good int this, the movement sucks >_> still decent game though

• gimmeapennygimmeapenny Member Posts: 85

I play GW clicking because the wasd feels awkward. It doesnt really bother me, and I don't know why it freaks people out so much. Diablo was a click and walk game, other people that hate click walk mmos played diablo at some point(not all but a lot). I know Diablo isnt an mmo, its a hack n slash, dungeon running, can be online rpg.

UO was point and click and is one of the best MMOs of all time. I payed the shit outta that game. L2 amazing PvP experience feels better point and click.

I just don't get it how people freak out so much about the point and click walking.

Not an attack just saying.

Playing: EVE
    and you better care

• QazeQaze Member Posts: 247

The WASD movement in RFO is awkward I have to say. The A and D keys strafe rather than turn. To turn, use the Q and E keys.

Qaze - Atheist, Nihilist, Sadist.
    WinRAR.rar
    Mudkip Video

image Xfire= Qaze3000 - Add me if you're not a total retard.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by gimmeapenny

I play GW clicking because the wasd feels awkward. It doesnt really bother me, and I don't know why it freaks people out so much. Diablo was a click and walk game, other people that hate click walk mmos played diablo at some point(not all but a lot). I know Diablo isnt an mmo, its a hack n slash, dungeon running, can be online rpg.

UO was point and click and is one of the best MMOs of all time. I payed the shit outta that game. L2 amazing PvP experience feels better point and click.

I just don't get it how people freak out so much about the point and click walking.
    Not an attack just saying.

I think it's more of a personal preference really, and also the style of gameplay. Some games pull off the click to move better than others too. Diablo and Runescape, as you said, are excellent examples where this system was perfect, however,  I can't see myself playing a game like WoW and clicking to move around. In Guild Wars, I've tried both and I actually use both methods depending on the situation I'm in.

• Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by xcopymmo

Unless I missed some option somewhere... this game is not a W A S D movement based game.
    It's a click and move game...

Wow ppl actually paid for that in the past?
    You may as well go play Metin2

Oh well just thought I'd mention why I plaid this game a total of 5 mins. =)

RF Online is awesome. Give it a chance! And yes, it is WASD based. Just press "h" after you start playing. I came over after Ryzom made the going out of business announcement.