Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Arch Lord

junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

After doing a free trial of vanguard but running out of funds to purchase it and being kinda broke right now and knight online letting me down I decided to start Arch Lord.

Any tips suggestions etc for a new player? much appreciated

Comments

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

I would suggest actually doing the quests in the beginning as you get some pretty decent XP and items as you finish them.  Quests you get have to do a lot with level, as I found when I tried to go from the beginner area to the next big town and was like "WTF where are all the quests."  As I leveled up more NPC's offered quests.  I am still very new myself, but hopefully the observation will assist.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

Ok thanks the download will be done soon it would of been finished forever ago but my cable net went off for like 5 minutes and had to restart the download

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

Like other have said, do all the quests. Even at higher lvls, they are rewarding enough: good xp, valuable items (such as the upgrading pots), etc.

Unless you are a hardcore PvPer, don't go on a killing spree (especially at lower lvls). The penalty is pretty serious (farming pardon scrolls is prolly one of the most annoying and time consuming  things in game).

Another thing to consider: the characters are very gear depending (due to the nature of the character system). And good gear is very expensive (even at lower lvls). So you'd better raise some money fast (for instance a good way for me was to sell reinforcement pots; the auction house system is very good, you can sell while training or even offline).

One more thing: keep your eyes open all the time - especially outside the safe zones; when training, don't fight too many mobs at a time because at any moment other player can attack you and they usually lower your health and let the mobs finish their job so you'd lose xp (normally when killed by another player you don't lose xp). And when you see a red name....run

• junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by dragulea

Like other have said, do all the quests. Even at higher lvls, they are rewarding enough: good xp, valuable items (such as the upgrading pots), etc.
    Unless you are a hardcore PvPer, don't go on a killing spree (especially at lower lvls). The penalty is pretty serious (farming pardon scrolls is prolly one of the most annoying and time consuming  things in game).
    Another thing to consider: the characters are very gear depending (due to the nature of the character system). And good gear is very expensive (even at lower lvls). So you'd better raise some money fast (for instance a good way for me was to sell reinforcement pots; the auction house system is very good, you can sell while training or even offline).
    One more thing: keep your eyes open all the time - especially outside the safe zones; when training, don't fight too many mobs at a time because at any moment other player can attack you and they usually lower your health and let the mobs finish their job so you'd lose xp (normally when killed by another player you don't lose xp). And when you see a red name....run

Ok thanks I havn't played this game really yet due to the fact I've gotten busy + I logged in for about 5 minutes and hated how the camera angles/adjustments worked not giving up yet cuz of that just made me log off cuz I had other stuff to do anyways