Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough of the 'I want Pre-CU back' talk...

Enough of the 'I want Pre-CU back' talk...really.  This is coming from someone that played SWG at it's start...someone that walked away from that buggy, POS game 4 times, and resubbed each and every time (except for the last) because I missed what SWG used to be.

But really, SOE will NOT EVER bring back Pre-CU servers.  Yes, the game was great back then, but it was still completely unbalanced and totally full of bugs, broken quests, and garbage.  They can't simply dust off an old DVD, load it up, and let us play.  There would be a significant amount of development needed to maintain the game, and fix it.

Basically, they can't stand up a couple pre-cu servers and call it a day.  They would need to decide either-or.  Either go pre-cu, or stay with what they have going.  And unfortunately, the lesson they learned from the NGE debocle was to not turn their backs on their paying customers.  Well, there are players currently subbing to SWG NGE.  They like it, they play it every day, and they pay for it.  They can't turn their backs on those customers (again) and change the game again.  That would mean they didn't learn their lesson from the first time around.  It's been what, 2 years?  You want them to throw away 2 years worth of people's gaming achievements to possibly satisfy their old, no longer paying, customers?

It's just not going to happen.  SWG has come and gone.  Now it's time to look elsewhere for what we want.  Hopefully some game maker will make a complex sandbox game for the masses and break away from the WoW effect.

Comments

• ExiledagainExiledagain Member Posts: 43

I've never seen a topic like this before !!!!!       What do u care what ppl ask for ? Is it somehow hurting you?

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

Yeah, its not coming back. Just be happy that swg wont be the only sw mmo anymore.

• rollnstnsrollnstns Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by oronisi

Enough of the 'I want Pre-CU back' talk...really.  This is coming from someone that played SWG at it's start...someone that walked away from that buggy, POS game 4 times, and resubbed each and every time (except for the last) because I missed what SWG used to be.
    But really, SOE will NOT EVER bring back Pre-CU servers.  Yes, the game was great back then, but it was still completely unbalanced and totally full of bugs, broken quests, and garbage.  They can't simply dust off an old DVD, load it up, and let us play.  There would be a significant amount of development needed to maintain the game, and fix it.
    Basically, they can't stand up a couple pre-cu servers and call it a day.  They would need to decide either-or.  Either go pre-cu, or stay with what they have going.  And unfortunately, the lesson they learned from the NGE debocle was to not turn their backs on their paying customers.  Well, there are players currently subbing to SWG NGE.  They like it, they play it every day, and they pay for it.  They can't turn their backs on those customers (again) and change the game again.  That would mean they didn't learn their lesson from the first time around.  It's been what, 2 years?  You want them to throw away 2 years worth of people's gaming achievements to possibly satisfy their old, no longer paying, customers?
    It's just not going to happen.  SWG has come and gone.  Now it's time to look elsewhere for what we want.  Hopefully some game maker will make a complex sandbox game for the masses and break away from the WoW effect.
    You know what i'm sick of? People like this guy. We post in a veteran forum, where it is our right to talk about pre-cu and its like. Then, people like this come in and rain on our parade. What does it hurt, for us to wish this? Is it ever going to happen? 99% sure it won't. Although, after the nge no one can be 100% sure.

So if you don't like our posts, don't read them. And another thing, the never ending search for "balance" is what killed this game. Why should someone who plays for 6 months be "balanced" to my 3 or 4 year old toon? Keep balance for the level based games.

Really though, go troll somewhere else.

• outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

I agree, just get over it. It's about time someone said it.

Thanks for the good read.

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Most people I think, would like something with the "feel" of pre-cu SWG.

But personally, I wouldn't care much for the endless "KD / Dizzy" spam or true pre-cu, really.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

ok YOU don't want pre-cu but others do ... it just baffles me that a company so driven by the almighty dollar wouldn't be a couple pre cu servers.

I mean why wouldnt then? don't they know that they subscription base would probably double .it really wouldnt cost them any extra especially since they are talking about conbining servers as it is.

those that like Post NGE play there and those that like PreCU play there.

baffling.

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449

Does this argument really have to dominate the forums every single day? Aren't you guys tired of arguing about this yet? If you want Pre-CU servers then get off the forums (which serves you virtually no purpose) and contact SOE with a petition or bribe them with booze for it. Otherwise you are stuck in a perpetual loop of whining and bickering about teh state of a game which was altered years ago. BTW, I played in Pre-CU and didn't even like it then. The game has never lived up to what I would want in a Star Wars MMORPG.

• ArcheusCrossArcheusCross Member Posts: 793

Originally posted by dterry

Does this argument really have to dominate the forums every single day? Aren't you guys tired of arguing about this yet? If you want Pre-CU servers then get off the forums (which serves you virtually no purpose) and contact SOE with a petition or bribe them with booze for it. Otherwise you are stuck in a perpetual loop of whining and bickering about teh state of a game which was altered years ago. BTW, I played in Pre-CU and didn't even like it then. The game has never lived up to what I would want in a Star Wars MMORPG.

But thats not the issue clearly. You both have to understand why this part of the forums is here in the first place. Its for the people that got burned that day... and want to talk about good memories or hope for them to come back..

So no... some people wont stop asking for their game back. And really... they have every right to keep asking.

"Do not fret! Your captain is about to enter Valhalla!" - General Beatrix of Alexandria

"The acquisition of knowledge is of use to the intellect, for nothing can be loved or hated without first being known." - Leo da Vinci

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Unfortunately, just about everything has been tried. petitions get nowhere, and posts on any SOE forum about Pre-CU get locked, and often, the poster banned.

SOE takes great pains to eradicate any sign of negative opinion on their forums. They will use nebulous terms to justify their actions such as "Trolling" (their definition basically being posting anything negative about the state of the game in question), "Excessive Negativity" (definition same as "Trolling", above), etc.

And it's not just SWG that sees it. Take a look at the MxO forums, or the official Station.com forums, and you will see that their policies of deleting and post with a player complaint are unrelenting and single-minded.

They will do what they want with their games, and their forums, players / subscribers be damned. No amount of petitions, phone calls, or e-mails will change that.

• TheMagicTickleTheMagicTickle Member UncommonPosts: 16

I want a pre-CU server, without the bugs.  I also want $5 billion (U.S.), but I would settle for half.  And may as well have peace on earth too.  So you and anyone else that doesn't want what I want can stuff it.  Read something else.

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449
    Originally posted by ArcheusCross

But thats not the issue clearly. You both have to understand why this part of the forums is here in the first place. Its for the people that got burned that day... and want to talk about good memories or hope for them to come back..

So no... some people wont stop asking for their game back. And really... they have every right to keep asking.

I'm just thinking those people would be better served by constantly bombarding SOE with hatemail, email, petitions, random kidnappings, and boiling oil. Rather that just spamming the forums here with "I miss the old game" followed closely by "your stupid the new game is fine" followed again by "SOE is the devil". I don't blame people for being angry... I do blame them for wasting their time when if they care so much they should still be fighting the SOE monster. If SOE recieved 50,000 requests for a Pre-CU server a day, they would find space for it in next quarters business plan. Regardless of whatever they may be saying now.

• DarkstryderDarkstryder Member Posts: 207

I think the majority of us are not asking for a rollback to pre-cu, we want classic servers. This way NGE lovers can play the NGE without being shafted, while SWG fans can play pre-nge. This is possible, I know it is possible as it has been done in other games.

My opinion which would most likely become fact is that classic servers would far out way the  population of current or future NGE servers. So simply pre-cu servers would pay for themselves and future development of themselves no problem, making $OE nice profit to top it off.

$oe's only dilema would be oh crap, nge servers are not making money, they are losing money or just breaking even, should we drop them? That in my opinion is a dilema $OE are scared of.

Originally posted by ArcheusCross

I'm just thinking those people would be better served by constantly bombarding SOE with hatemail, email, petitions, random kidnappings, and boiling oil. Rather that just spamming the forums here with "I miss the old game" followed closely by "your stupid the new game is fine" followed again by "SOE is the devil". I don't blame people for being angry... I do blame them for wasting their time when if they care so much they should still be fighting the SOE monster. If SOE recieved 50,000 requests for a Pre-CU server a day, they would find space for it in next quarters business plan. Regardless of whatever they may be saying now.

Letters, emails, petitons have all been tried and failed. But don't worry, we bitch and moan about $OE on this forum, but you will also find us bitching and moaning on any topic related to $OE. Any interview they give is instantly flamed for the lies they spew, any chance we get to comment we leave our opinion of $OE. Any game that involves $OE is instantly on the list of games to be flamed and not bought by former $OE customer as we have been burned before, we tell others so that they know not to even bother with an $OE product.

We may seem small in number and not of any importance, but you add all the websites and forums who constanlty have folks flaming $OE together, you have a large number. Bad word of mouth is a powerful tool these days.

They know we will not stop. So once they try to appease us we may let their past sins drop, but until that time the $OE negative press bandwagon rolls on.

• hubertgrovehubertgrove Member Posts: 1,141

Originally posted by jadan2000

Yeah, its not coming back. Just be happy that swg wont be the only sw mmo anymore.
    Things that people said would never, ever, ever come back:

1/. Classic Coke

2/. Obi Won Kenobi

3/. David Caruso's career

4/. Union Carbide

5/. Jesus

And you're really trying to tell us that the following will never come about;

6/. Pre-CU SWG?

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by rollnstns

You know what i'm sick of? People like this guy. We post in a veteran forum, where it is our right to talk about pre-cu and its like. Then, people like this come in and rain on our parade. What does it hurt, for us to wish this? Is it ever going to happen? 99% sure it won't. Although, after the nge no one can be 100% sure.

So if you don't like our posts, don't read them. And another thing, the never ending search for "balance" is what killed this game. Why should someone who plays for 6 months be "balanced" to my 3 or 4 year old toon? Keep balance for the level based games.

Really though, go troll somewhere else.

What does it hurt?  You are harping over something that is dead and gone 2 years now.  Are you still in the same basement, sitting in the same chair, posting on the official forums about who PWNed who with an elder jedi 2 years ago?  Part of life is moving on, and as long as you guys harp over the past, the more negativity you bring to these forums, the official SWG forums, and actually, all MMO forums. 

It's different to remember good times, discuss the good features a game had, and keep them alive in hopes someone else will learn from them.  But it's unrealistic and masochistic to keep pining over a game that will not come back.  I put down in words exactly why it will not come back.  And instead of reading it, people read the subject and some of them immediately posted with mindless garbage about how they want the pre-cu back.

There are just way too many negative mindless zombies on these forums and it's time to move on people.  I am in no way talking down about SWG pre-CU....I loved it.  But it is gone and never coming back.  It's been 2 years, it's time to move on.

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by Darkstryder

Letters, emails, petitons have all been tried and failed. But don't worry, we bitch and moan about $OE on this forum, but you will also find us bitching and moaning on any topic related to $OE. Any interview they give is instantly flamed for the lies they spew, any chance we get to comment we leave our opinion of $OE. Any game that involves $OE is instantly on the list of games to be flamed and not bought by former $OE customer as we have been burned before, we tell others so that they know not to even bother with an $OE product.
    We may seem small in number and not of any importance, but you add all the websites and forums who constanlty have folks flaming $OE together, you have a large number. Bad word of mouth is a powerful tool these days.
    They know we will not stop. So once they try to appease us we may let their past sins drop, but until that time the $OE negative press bandwagon rolls on.

Dude....this is the internet.  Nobody cares.  You can bitch and moan all you want on the internet, but you aren't hurting SOE's pockets.  If you want to actually do something, you need to get off the computer, make phone calls, write letters, or drive somewhere and talk to someone face to face.

Not trying to be mean, that's just the truth.  That, I think, is the single saddest thing about the SWG refuges....they really think their emo internet crying is heard and makes a difference.

Exactly, one day academics will do a survey of how John Smedley and SOE's greedy, clumsy plans to change SWG without the consent of their loyal player base were so convincingly scuppered by a relatively small band of diehard pre-CU loyalists who posted critical reviews on every game web site they found, who posted angry threads on game forums and who told their friends never to touch an SOE product again.

Do you want to know the truth? Can you handle it? We are the reason that NGE SWG is dying. We are the reason that all SWG developers except twenty have lost their jobs. We are the reason that Bioware not SOE has the new Star Wars contract.

Give us our pre-CU SWG, Mr. Smedley, and then perhaps we might go away.

Dude....this is the internet.  Nobody cares. 

How about this? If people didn't care, this forum wouldn't be the busiest on mmorpg.com. If you - yes, you personally - didn't care, you wouldn't post saying how much you didn't care. I guess you'll never get it.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Dude....this is the internet.  Nobody cares.  You can bitch and moan all you want on the internet, but you aren't hurting SOE's pockets.  If you want to actually do something, you need to get off the computer, make phone calls, write letters, or drive somewhere and talk to someone face to face.
    Not trying to be mean, that's just the truth.  That, I think, is the single saddest thing about the SWG refuges....they really think their emo internet crying is heard and makes a difference.

If nobody cares...then why are you here???

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• ArcheusCrossArcheusCross Member Posts: 793

I care for my fellow gamers that share the same thoughts and feelings. Who the hell are you to tell someone to stop posting their feelings? :/

Btw, if you knew ANYTHING you'd know by now that there have been many petitions, many phone calls, many letters, many emails.

Heck I highly doubt that you even played pre-cu.

New to these parts of the forums eh? Ok ill make this simple. Wrong forums there bucko. You part is over there in the current players section. Thanks for visiting though!

I beg to differ. We ARE hurting SoE's pockets via word of mouth... more people leave that game everyday than that get on it. Most of the vets (via the trial) that go back on there and warn noobies of what has happened. So I would say it works.

Heck even current players are calling bs over on their own forums... nuff said.

"Do not fret! Your captain is about to enter Valhalla!" - General Beatrix of Alexandria

"The acquisition of knowledge is of use to the intellect, for nothing can be loved or hated without first being known." - Leo da Vinci

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

I want Pre-CU back.

There you have it.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

But we are hurting their pockets, thats the beauty of it.

Why do you think the guys who made vanguard or the pirates of the burning sea released statements saying $OE are only publishing our games, they have no involvement? Because they know $OE will damage their sub numbers if potential customers think $OE might get involved with the making of the game, because we vocally tell them it will and with our actions of not purchasing an $OE product they know this.

Why do you think $medly has stated many times that the NGE was a mistake, that he actually apologised (crap apology) not long ago? Because we the former customers will not forget, and will not let them forget what they did to our game, to the time we put into pre-nge!

We rub the failure of the nge in their face every time we can. From 250k subs to 20k subs, is that effecting their pocket? Yes is the simple answer. Is it all to do with us bad mouthing them, no, they did that themselves by turning a great game into a steaming turd. But our actions are helping to hurt the $medly $OE ogre. Long may it continue!

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by hubertgrove

Originally posted by jadan2000

Things that people said would never, ever, ever come back:

5/. Jesus

When did that happen? Did I miss the boat again?

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

My god this thread as this forum makes me smile you all lighten my dad by the various rants (emo) or otherwise i salute you all but really it is time to move on now its been 2 years as the OP said.

And as for Pirates that'll be an SOE game before long mark my words.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

To the OP, that's just like trying to tell Star Trek fans to stop dressing like Spock because Spock will never come back. :P

This discussion has been closed.