Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Todays Republican Representative to Resign From Gay Sex Scandal, Brought to You From Washington!!!!

gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

Geez.  Why can't gay Republican's just be gay and quit this non-sense? 

State Rep. Curtis resigns in gay sex scandal

<SCRIPT
LANGUAGE='JavaScript1.1'>if (document.layers)
{document.write('<SCR' + 'IPT language=JavaScript1.1
SRC=/Global/ad.asp?type=single&cls1=News&src1=loc&spct1=100&sz1=wnsz_20&callType=script
/>'); document.close();}</SCRIPT>
coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');

Associated Press - October 31, 2007 5:05 PM ET

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - State Representative Richard Curtis is resigning from office amid a gay sex scandal.

The Republican from La Center, in southwest Washington, accused a man of trying to extort $1,000 from him last week in Spokane. The other man says it was a payment for sex.

The county prosecutor is deciding whether to file an extortion charge.

Republican leaders will choose a successor for Curtis to serve in the Legislature until the 2008 election.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

===============================

Comments

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

And if you look at the honorable Mr. Curtis' record, you'll see he votes against any kind of gay rights.

Ha ha, hypocrisy in the GOP rears its ugly head again.   Too funny.   

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

• At least he didn't get busted through elaborate footwork.

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    Originally posted by Motorhead

And if you look at the honorable Mr. Curtis' record, you'll see he votes against any kind of gay rights.
    Ha ha, hypocrisy in the GOP rears its ugly head again.   Too funny.   

Exactly.

It's always the most vehemently and venomously anti-homosexual legislators that get outed.  Self-hatred much? 

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• kimmarkimmar Member Posts: 446

At first this seemed like maybe a series of coincidences, but not anymore.  I'm starting to think this is pointing towards something else.

I'm not a Republican nor a Democrat, so don't anyone interpret what I'm saying as condescending or attacking the Republican party.  I'll vote for anyone from any part that I think will do the best for America.  And I'm also not implying that someone who is gay is bad for America, I don't believe that at all.

BUT, what in the world is going on with the Republican's lately?  I know there are plenty of homosexuals who are conservative in many ways and other than the gay rights issue find themselves siding with the conservatives.  But this is something else I guess because a lot of these people end up being married who are doing this.  I'm not so naive to believe that everyone who is married is totally straight, but still this is a lot of Republican's who this is happening to.

I wonder if it's people who are conservative, want to be straight, and end up marrying to somehow solidify that image in their heads.  Sort of like people who are little and muscularly weak joining the Marines so that they can hope to fit into that "tough guy" image.  Eventually though, living that lie gets to be too much, for anyone I'm sure.

I wonder if someday people are going to be able to be who they were made to be.  I know that the vast majority of people have finally concluded that being gay is not a choice.  You are what you are born as when it comes to this issue.  I know there are a few people who try hard to think that you can choose your sexuality, but to them I just say go ahead and switch from being straight to being gay for a while.  It's not that easy.

So now, you've got people who are gay getting married, having kids, and then hurting lots of people in the process.  Very sad.

=============================
    It all seems so stupid
    It makes me want to give up
    But why should I give up
    When it all seems so stupid

• Originally posted by kimmar

I wonder if it's people who are conservative, want to be straight, and end up marrying to somehow solidify that image in their heads.  Sort of like people who are little and muscularly weak joining the Marines so that they can hope to fit into that "tough guy" image.  Eventually though, living that lie gets to be too much, for anyone I'm sure.

I think that has alot to do with it. I also think that lately there has been more focus, and thus more people keeping their eyes open for this sort of thing. Larry Flynt has repeatedly offered cash rewards for proof of elected officials in compromising situations, I think this just follows the trend. In this case, it seemed to be someone trying to blackmail this politician. Probably more freak luck than anything, this and the whole bathroom stall incident, but I'm sure it will increase with the increased scrutiny.

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

This is why whenever i see an american showing ANY belief in a American Goverment type i roll my eyess.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• Originally posted by MR-Bubbles

This is why whenever i see an american showing ANY belief in a American Goverment type i roll my eyess.

Don't assume every person in power is a hypocrite just because some are. Besides...you can't tell me the UK is any better.

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982

BS. You are *way* better off if you *do* assume that everyone who is in power is a hypocrite, or at the very least that they are not to be trusted. That is the only way to look at things if you don't want to be taken to the cleaners.

• Originally posted by Tuor7

BS. You are *way* better off if you *do* assume that everyone who is in power is a hypocrite, or at the very least that they are not to be trusted. That is the only way to look at things if you don't want to be taken to the cleaners.

I'm really commenting more to the shot taken at my own government, I don't see models of civic wonder and virtue cropping up in Europe lately...

Ah... Mr. Bubble's comment. Yeah, people are usually quick to attack things in other places but blind to what is right in front of them.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

According to the AP article, Curtis is 48. That puts him born in '59. Now, don't get me wrong, I hate Repubs ever bit as much as I hate Dems, but most of the current legislature is made up of people Curtis' age, or older. And they grew up in a time where being gay was oh so not something you ever spoke about. You still got married to Peggy Sue, and had the 2.5, and the dog, and so forth. The wife just discovered valium, and booze, and/or got some from the lawn guy, and you got yours at the gay bar outside of town on the weekends. People knew, or guessed, but no one ever said anything. That's the way it was. And life went on.

Now you have cell phones, and internet, and all this crap, and suddenly any two bit douchebag with a blog and an axe to grind is a journalist.

And the actual journalists have to up the ante. To get eyeballs, they have to report shit that 20+ years ago, no one would have given two shits about.

Yeah, the Repubs "hate" gays. So do the Dems. And I'd bet significant money that the percentage of gays in America is the same in DC. If the Republicans would stop pandering to the religious right for 4.5 seconds, and actually get back to what their party is supposed to stand for, representatives like Curtis, would say, "So fekking what if I'm gay? What business is it of the governments, or yours, or anyones?". So long as he's having sex with a consenting adult, who gives a shit? Seriously?

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

1. I do not want to know what people are doing, sexually, in private.

2. I hate hypocrites.

• BUSSHBUSSH Member Posts: 1

COOL! Another republican sex scandal to add the the list Republian Sex Scandals

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

Originally posted by BUSSH

COOL! Another republican sex scandal to add the the list Republian Sex Scandals
    Wow!  That was startling!

Why can't we get some real American's into office for a change?  Ones that could give a f*ck about what their neighbors are doing or using the government to make them "behave".

That list is horrible for a party that claims to hold onto everything that is virtuous and true.

===============================