Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some questions

oby1skyoby1sky Member Posts: 40

Hello all.

I till have to try this game so i would like to know some more info about this gamebefore starting it.

1) the pvp in this game is everywhere and against every one ( olso your "firends" ) or the pvp is just like in wow inside a gamearena ,and if it outside is just against the enemies ?

2)whene you loose in a pvp battle you loose some of your items that can be picked up by your enemie, or you dont loose anithing like in WOW?

3)the stile of combat is like Wow where you have to select a player and then open fire on it with the weapons oyou got? or the stile of combat is like "unreal tournament" where is up to your quality if you are able to hit your enemies or you arent.

4) there is something to conquest with the pvp system? for exemple a fortress that could give only to the owner of it some bonuses ?

5)the items inside the games are all constructed from players or you just go inside an istance and you loot a rare that is 10 time better then everything you built?

6)can you built your house , and personalize it?

7)how many players , this game, got at the moment?

8)is just one big region or you have to syncronize every time you pass from a Zone to the next one?

9)In wow whene you get inisde an istance you will never find someone else inside it , as every time you get inside an istance is "your" istance. In other game the istance is one for all and you have to fight olso with the other players to be able to finish the istance .Wich tipe of mmoprg is this?

10) whene you make a team there is a max number of players that can be inisde the a team?

11)there are veicles that can bring more then 1 player? there are flying veicles?there is a fastest way to move in the game instead using veicles?

12)there are futuristic towns to visit?

13)can you personalize how the point of the skill are setted? or is like in wow where the points are gived every lvl without being able to place the points as you prefer?

i just thank you for every one that will find the time to answer to all those questions. If instead you are asking why i had in mind all those questions is becouse i played Wow but before it i played for 4 years Neocron (mmorpg) and i loved it. The only problem was the few playing players that after sometime killed the game.

Comments

• ScottieTeeScottieTee Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by oby1sky

Hello all.
    I till have to try this game so i would like to know some more info about this gamebefore starting it.
    1) the pvp in this game is everywhere and against every one ( olso your "firends" ) or the pvp is just like in wow inside a gamearena ,and if it outside is just against the enemies ?
    Terra is a PVP safe zone, anywhere else is open PVP.
    2)whene you loose in a pvp battle you loose some of your items that can be picked up by your enemie, or you dont loose anithing like in WOW?
    You can lose everything, anyone can loot your corpse,  some of the NPC's might even eat you.  When you "res" you're a clone with a blue jumpsuit, shoes, and nothing else
    3)the stile of combat is like Wow where you have to select a player and then open fire on it with the weapons oyou got? or the stile of combat is like "unreal tournament" where is up to your quality if you are able to hit your enemies or you arent.
    You go into combat mode, select a target, and the fight is pretty much automatic from there, based on your skills and what weapon you have equipped
    4) there is something to conquest with the pvp system? for exemple a fortress that could give only to the owner of it some bonuses ?
    Not really, no
    5)the items inside the games are all constructed from players or you just go inside an istance and you loot a rare that is 10 time better then everything you built?
    Some items are crafted, some are purchased from vendors, and some can be found as loot.  Some of the stuff you can get as loot is not available any other way.
    6)can you built your house , and personalize it?
    Yes, but not many people live in houses, they live in starships, which are also customizable
    7)how many players , this game, got at the moment?
    No idea
    8)is just one big region or you have to syncronize every time you pass from a Zone to the next one?
    There are no zones
    9)In wow whene you get inisde an istance you will never find someone else inside it , as every time you get inside an istance is "your" istance. In other game the istance is one for all and you have to fight olso with the other players to be able to finish the istance .Wich tipe of mmoprg is this?
    The only "instance" I've seen is when you are in the tutorial when you first create your toon.  After that, everyone is in one "universe"
    10) whene you make a team there is a max number of players that can be inisde the a team?
    Closest things to "teams" would be factions.  Factions can be a ship crew, a fleet of ships, a company, a family, whatever.  As far as I know there is no limit on the number of toons in a faction.
    11)there are veicles that can bring more then 1 player? there are flying veicles?there is a fastest way to move in the game instead using veicles?
    Starships are the main vehicles.  On the ground on some planets, there are flying "buses"
    12)there are futuristic towns to visit?
    Yes
    13)can you personalize how the point of the skill are setted? or is like in wow where the points are gived every lvl without being able to place the points as you prefer?
    Your initial skills can be personalized a great deal when you create your toon.  After that skills increase thru usage, or from spending experience points on them.  When spending experience on them, you can increase any skill you want.  You can also increase skills by having another player "teach" you.

i just thank you for every one that will find the time to answer to all those questions. If instead you are asking why i had in mind all those questions is becouse i played Wow but before it i played for 4 years Neocron (mmorpg) and i loved it. The only problem was the few playing players that after sometime killed the game.

No problem

• jammer777jammer777 Member Posts: 7

A few additions:

Open PVP - While this is true, in the majority of time you wont really get into PVP fights. Occasionally you might get to fend off player pirates, but the game is designed that you should be able to totally negate any chance of player attacks - by raising your ship shield, placing teleporter inhibitors, moving cautiously, and avoiding notorious players.

Style of combat - While the actual firefight or hand-to-hand combat is automated, yes, there are a few options with which you can effect the combat. Your fighting skills (marksmanship, hand-to-hand, meelee weapons) will set if you hit your opponent or not (sometimes, with a really low skill you can even hit yourself accidentally). Other than that, think about it as a fight in real life. You run, crawl, kneel to make yourself less exposed to fire, you switch decks, use a scanner to locate your opponent, and so on.

Looting - If someone kills you in pvp, everyone can loot your body. If someone stuns you, everyone can loot your body. If an NPC kills/stuns you, still, everyone can loot your body. If you blow up with a ship, your body and the ship will be gone - noone can loot your body and/or the ship wreck. However, if someone boards your ship, he can loot everything on the ship. However, there is a banking system, and banked money can not be stolen, looted, or lost via destruction of base/ship. Your balance is always safe.

Conquest - The game is too sandbox-like to have such "strict" regulations about conquesting. There are no pvp events here. If you have the force to claim stuff, thats yours until someone stronger than you can take it. This way you can "occupy" colonies (but not transfer ownership like that), make other weaker players pay protection fee to you, and even get into the selling of stolen property (for example ships). The game is very open about this - the only rules for you are the ones YOU create. However, watch out, in the territory of governments, the military will bust you if you attempt anything illegal.

Items - Everything is in the game, most of them can be created by players. At the moment however there is no difference in player or npc created items. A pistol will always hit the same. There is a chance that this will change in the future.

House personalization - Two type of house atm, one of them can be customized by setting wall and floor colors and of course furnishing it. Tables, lockers, plants, beds, chairs, sofas, etc.

Transportation - The main means of via ship. The ship can be crewed up to 250 people or more (for bigger ships), but can be flied solo as well. Ships have quarters, bathrooms, gyms, sickbays, brig, shooting range,mess halls, conference rooms, so it can serve as your home. THere is public transportation via shuttles between the core worlds, these shuttles can be boarded up to 10-15 people from what I saw of it.