Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Aftermath of the Release

The servers are down, old news. Is this a problem? No. The Flagship Devs have created a genius/innovating game by taking Diablo 2 to the next level. 5000 people on one server is massive for a game of this type.  Who knows how many problems the devs are going through right now so put yourself in their shoes and dont insult the people trying to create a masterpiece for US. If anything they diserve a round of applause for the hard work and hours they are putting into this. The Devs have gone out of their way to make a hotfix to allow all players to access the Halloween events just to give us the best gaming experience possible.

Regardless of the server problems I still give this game a 10 and FSS has my full support.

Comments

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Considering things were running fine since yesterday, and the fact that they just got slammed today, I'm not surprised at all. Especially when they had to take the servers down prior to let everyone enjoy the holiday themed content since the subscriber access wasn't ready. If this was a constant and repeated issue, yeah, I could see cause for upset. But really, the people complaining and screaming that the game is garbage and how its all a disaster because the server happened to go down need to grow up. You got to play for a bit, you just got some free content to try to make amens for subscriber access not being ready and the servers will be back soon enough. It's not the end of the damn world.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• jus10datljus10datl Member Posts: 45

I had a chance to try out some PvP a little earlier and wow it was fun!

I quit WoW when I was the strongest PvP being on the server due to lack of fun in the PvP gameplay/mechanics of WoW.

The PvP in Hellgate is fast, spontaneous, and most importantly FUN. It really made me feel like this is what I was looking for.

• eldanlocoeldanloco Member Posts: 210

Read the FSS news on the Hellgate website for a disturbing line: "For those who already managed to subscribe, we are working on something special for you."  It said something like that.  What's the deal with that?  I want to get all the badges, achievements, and event items I can, so I am a little upset with the fact that because I have real life obligations I couldn't sign up very early in the day.  Other than that the game is a 9/10.

--------------------------------
    Darkfall: December or vaporware!

• demented669demented669 Member Posts: 402

wish i could read stuff on there site but i can't even get on that... oh well, back to single player mode !!

FOR THE LIVING !!!

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by eldanloco

Read the FSS news on the Hellgate website for a disturbing line: "For those who already managed to subscribe, we are working on something special for you."  It said something like that.  What's the deal with that?  I want to get all the badges, achievements, and event items I can, so I am a little upset with the fact that because I have real life obligations I couldn't sign up very early in the day.  Other than that the game is a 9/10.

That doesn't necessarily mean that something special is going to be removed before others can subscribe. They're probably just addressing that something is coming for those that did, considering they kinda got shafted out of the holiday thing since its available to all now.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• jus10datljus10datl Member Posts: 45

No one was able to subscribe from what I have gathered, so they are putting a quick patch in as we speak to enable ALL Halloween Events to be open for EVERYONE (because a lot of people want to subscribe but cant). They going to make this crash worthwhile for everyone so its not so bad.

• HawlkHawlk Member Posts: 1

yeah...i was planning on subing too.. prolly the lifeone =/ well ya win ya lose i guess

• jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by jus10datl

No one was able to subscribe from what I have gathered, so they are putting a quick patch in as we speak to enable ALL Halloween Events to be open for EVERYONE (because a lot of people want to subscribe but cant). They going to make this crash worthwhile for everyone so its not so bad.

I read a few posts this morning about people that subscribed early in the morning. Like between 4 and 8am it was up. i went to bed right around 3:30 or so  :(