Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

11/21/2007 - Hitman

ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

http://www.hitmanmovie.com/

Looks promising.

Comments

• miffywiffymiffywiffy Member Posts: 245

looks gay to me

• PicklefootPicklefoot Member Posts: 218

I've always liked Timothy Olyphant as an actor. It will be different seeing him as this kickass, trained to be bad to the bone dude. But needless to say I'm looking forward to seeing this.

If this movie is a hit, we're going to have a bald epidemic.

--------------------------------------------------

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

aka Doom 3

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

All game to movie and movie to games are bad.  This one may actually be especially bad because the premise and research that went behind Hitman seemed like it only took 3 seconds.  An Assassin turns into a Saint, only this saint kills legions of people.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Hitman is no hero! I do really hope they don't turn him into some kind of "save the world"-guy. He's supposed to be a assassin that has no feelings and does his work only for money and his own entertainment. Too many explosions! Hitman is a silent murder that kills without noticing, he don't blow up a whole house.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Uhh this guy isn't a 007. What's up with all the guns and explosions? He susposed to be in a milk man uniform.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

ToTally the wrong actor.

He looks like he shaves his head and is not naturally bald

Big Explosions?

Religious order?

A good guy?

Havent they even seen the games?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

you know to be honest based on the trailer it looks pretty good.  I never played the game though...

Originally posted by grimweeper

you know to be honest based on the trailer it looks pretty good.  I never played the game though...

Well that explains why you liked it then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by MR-Bubbles
    Originally posted by grimweeper you know to be honest based on the trailer it looks pretty good. I never played the game though...

Well that explains why you liked it then.

When do you go away?

Every single thread, every single post gets flamed down by you lately.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by MR-Bubbles

ToTally the wrong actor.

He looks like he shaves his head and is not naturally bald
    Big Explosions?
    Religious order?
    A good guy?

Havent they even seen the games?

Have you? I doubt it, since you're questioning the religious order thing.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

they really needed  a tougher looking Naturally bald guy. That guy playing hitman has a baby face.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831

I've played a few of the Hitmans...I never really got into them and I don't remember a lot of the plots of any of them and I definitely never actually finished one.  But from what I remember of them, that trailer looks pretty accurate.  Not all video-game to movies have to suck...just because a lot of movie makers don't take them seriously (Uwe Boll.../shudder). 

But Silent Hill was pretty excellent in my opinion...I know some people didn't like it, but for me it had the same spirit as the games.  Listening to the director talk about the game, I think he was an actual fan that knew what he was doing.  Obviously a lot gets lost in translation when you try to take an epic game series and move it into a 2 hour format.  But I think as long as it retains the spirit of the game and make it so that someone who has never played the games can watch it and get the same feeling I get from playing the games, then it's good.

That said, Silent Hill is the only example I can think of where that's worked.  No other movie based on a videogame has worked for me...especially Resident Evil (which I was a big fan of till Capcom decide to whore the series...oh look a tangent).

Anyway, this movie could be either good or really really bad from the trailer.  And I agree, totally wrong actor for the part, which could be enough for the movie to lose the spirit of the game imo.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

Originally posted by Orca

When do you go away?
    Every single thread, every single post gets flamed down by you lately.
    I think i shall reserve my right to make Posts on this forum oh great one!!!!!   And if you dont like my opinions they debate with me dont dictate.

And if i think the film looks **** i shall post my opinions. The actor looks TOTALLY wrong for the Part he is too young to begine with as from the very first game Agent 47 [sounds almost like Heinz 47 for some reason]  looks to be around 40 ish.

Also Agent 47 is suposed to be naturraly bald not shaved. And in severall scenes in that trailer you can clearly see the stubble where a shiny pat should be.

Also did i see a quick scene with a love interest?????

Now i never played the first Hitman but as far as i know he never had a lovelife.

Also he is portrayed as a hero fighting evil well from the games he was just a hired killer the whole point of the game was to infiltrait the targets location and kill him then make a clean silent getaway. And if you got spotted it was a imperfect finish to the level.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I think who ever directed this movie tried to make Hitman look like a XXX movie (with Vin).

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I think the actor they got is the perfect choice. He comes off as very.... cold yet high class. I also think, from the trailers, they did a great job with the overall tone of the movie. I saw a lot of stuff similar to the games as well as a good mix quick action. I also love the visuals and music from the trailer. These games had story lines yeah, but they were not very cinematic games. Obviously the writers for the movie had to flesh out the movie. It probably opens with a assassination mission very similar to a game mission, then some action and such to segway into the main plot, then some further action/backstory mixed in with another mission, then it probably ends with a mission similar to the game. But of course it won't be a mission after a mission after a mission. As for the actor not having the right face, the hitman character had a face you would find very hard to match with any actor out there. The face from the games, even the most recent one, is bland as hell.