Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8800GT <3

this should solve the graphics card questions for a little while.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2209197,00.asp

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Can you actually make that a proper link, im too lazy to open a new window and copy and paste the address in. 

• XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662

If you're gonna get a new card, then you get a 8800ULTRA, not a GT

• goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

Benchies are showing the 8800GT to be just under 5% or so the performance of an 8800GTX... and for like half the price.  Can't beat that.  This is thee card to have until Q1 2008 I say.  Supposedly a multi GPU card is slotted to debut around then.  The single GPU monster card is going the way of the dinosaur it would seem.  Replaced by cards where the boards in a particular series are near identical and modular so the only difference between low end cards and high end cards are how many individual small GPUs are socketed into it.

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by Xtromass

For its price.. the 8800GT rocks

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Also there is the Sapphire ATI HD2900 PRO 1GB DDR4 that runs extremely fast and priced around the same.  Problem is its always out of stock now.

Ooops Ooops, I mean the HD3800 being released in a couple weeks will be incredible news probably.

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679

I will stick with my x1950PRO

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by Xtromass

Considering the 8800GT outperforms the 8800GTS, has touched the GTX in a few benchmarks at high resolutions, the Ultra is only 2-5% better than the GTX, and the GT cost $350-$450 less than the Ultra, Im going to have to say you are wrong.

Not to mention the GT is 65nm, supports PCIE 2.0, and is a single slot card, which is great for Micro-ATX case users like me. Ive disowned nvidia, but im seriously considering this card to replace my HD2600XT.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

Nvidia has become fat and bloated. . .

No offense to Nvidia lovers out there but the company is seriously sucking eggs right now. It took them over 6 months to get some proper Vista drivers WITH Microsoft's help. ATI didn't have the same help and got them up months before. . .

Never again will I buy an Nvidia graphics card. I bought an ATI HD 2900XT a month or so ago and have never looked back. I absolutely love my experience with ATI so far.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

Granted it's probably out of most people's budgets, but I have SLI'd 8800GTs.  All I have to say is that never having to worry about system requirements for any game is a good thing.  I have Vista 64 bit, and I haven't ever had any problems with drivers/games, it's probably just a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease, or else I'm just really lucky.

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

is the GT better than the GTS?

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Originally posted by dA_fReAK

is the GT better than the GTS?

Beats the 320MB version easily, matches the 640MB easily, almost touches the GTX. This will change though, as nVidia is shipping out 640MB GTS' with the G92 chip, which will put it back over the GT, but will also bring a raise in price. The 8800GT is THE BEST bang for buck right now hands down.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

The only problem is that the 8800 GT doesn't cost between $200-250 as the document says is more like $260-300. Well if I find a 8800 Gt for 200 or close I would buy it since mine is crap :(

www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • trev9999trev9999 Member Posts: 199

CURRENTLY PLAYING SHAIYA