Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2Moons is better then what people say...

DimSumMageDimSumMage Member Posts: 2

Everyone says that 2Moons sucks in game play and all that sh*t...

Remember that it is still in beta and when the full version comes out everything will be much better...

Everyone that made these suggestions probably made then when this game first came out. YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE PATCHES TO COME OUT... eventually all the things that people have said is missing from the game will be put into place so don't be gay... even if what you wanted doesn't come out you can always post suggestions in the F.A.Q on the 2Moons website. The people there take this stuff really seriously.

I have also talked to a bunch of people that have played games like Linage2,Linage,WoW, and more for an extended period of time. All of them said the same thing. "2Moons isn't the best game in the world but it is definantly the most fun game I have ever played and for a free game this is one of the best."

The GM's are working on how to improve the game constantly. Everyone quits before lvl 10 and say is sux... the truth is, it does suck before lvl 10 BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN INTO THE GAME YET...the game is a bit boring in the beginning but it wil be more fun once you get the majority of the skills for your character.

Most people get to say lvl 45ish and quit and say it is boring...well it acually is boring but it wont acually get fun untill your at least lvl 55+...

Don't worry about it if you are not commited to getting to such a high lvl...but im warning you that you will be missing out on a lot.

I am currently lvl 66 and climbing and i think its fun as hell...so remember if you decide to quit ask yourself...is it really worth it?

My overall rateing 8.8/10

Comments

• TruecidationTruecidation Member Posts: 16

I've played a lot of MMORPGs. I also generally read the forums extensively before, and while playing each game. Therefore I know what I'm talking about when I say that 2moons is just another lame Korean port.

What, you didn't know it's based off an old Dekaron client? Sure dev David Perry (sp?) wanted 2moons to go his own direction, but fact is right now the game is basically an old version of Dekaron.

I admit, the item system is a leg up over most Korean grindfests and their crap +1, +2 mindless, simplistic item systems. I admit, the latency handling is very good, the knockback feature is excellent, and you can actually viably start playing a ranged character from the start.

However, the community is also a big part of what makes or breaks an MMO. And Acclaim, sadly, has done nothing to nuture the community. Go create a new character, see for yourself. Stand in town and watch as your chat gets spammed by gold farmers and plevelers offering their (illegal) services 24/7.

As a new player, try exploring out of the safe zones. I can guarantee you, on any server cluster you care to run to, you will be PK'd by botters. Open PK is already pretty retarded, now you can get PK'd by people that aren't even at their computer. How lame is that?

Don't think I'm against PvP. Duel arenas with ranks and rewards = battles of honour. It's fun to see how strong you are versus another prepared player. However, open PK = bullies or cowards who can only win if they ambush people.

If people are bored enough to camp portals just to PK newbies entering the area for hours on end, what does that tell you about the community, or the game itself? Surely there's more fun doing something else? Oh wait, there's nothing ELSE to do. That's right, 2moons is just another pretty grindfest.

Until David Perry and Acclaim get their act together and clean up the game, 2moons is just another lamer-infested grindfest. Fun? LMAO. I had way more fun on Flyff, another notorious grindfest, and at least THERE without open PK you can immediately see the difference: most people are friendly and helpful, instead of being wary, suspicious, and hostile. Allow people to be bastards, and they WILL be bastards. Couple this with the nonexistent policing of botters and hackers, and you get one flaming turd of a game. 2moons fails.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• oakaeoakae Member UncommonPosts: 344

So.... you're saying I have to spend like 40+ hours to hit level 55 before I get to have fun? I've tried 2moons, I was around level 20 before uninstalling the game. You can say it's a half decent since it's free but it pales in comparison to other MMOs.

The problem is most people don't want to spend hours grinding before a game gets fun. 2moons is basically the English version of the Korean game Dekaron. In terms of gameplay there really won't be much of a difference. Acclaim brought an Asian grindfest MMO to Western audiences knowing many gamers will not tolerate playing a game of this sort.

• IhsoyimIhsoyim Member Posts: 7

Until David Perry and Acclaim get their act together and clean up the game, 2moons is just another lamer-infested grindfest. Fun? LMAO. I had way more fun on Flyff, another notorious grindfest, and at least THERE without open PK you can immediately see the difference: most people are friendly and helpful, instead of being wary, suspicious, and hostile. Allow people to be bastards, and they WILL be bastards. Couple this with the nonexistent policing of botters and hackers, and you get one flaming turd of a game. 2moons fails.

OMG FlyFF SuxX! you dont like 2moons but you still wondering around 2moons forum? Oh an Idiot I see... lol or do you expect 2moons will get any better after listen to your senseless critics?? Or David Perry killed your parent? LMAO!!!!!!! get the hell out from this forum Dude! F**k this is FUN!!! hahahahaha.....

• kenichi5388kenichi5388 Member Posts: 23

I totally agree with Truecidation, the community and open PK is a total let down on 2moons, I played on DEKARON Taiwan, sometimes a bullied came from behind and kill me. O.o! Then I've to respawn to the last save spawn point, which is pain in the a$$... lol for me the solution is change the game channel, not all the channel have PK'ers. I still having fun playing DEKARON, although there is some weakneses in this game. Nothing perfect in this world, even games, thats why we can hear a lot of comments, and some critics of course. Games will not get any better without listening to others opinions, hope that the developer or GM will try to improve on that.

For the loverz, keep on playing the game, as for the haterz, go play other games. :P

• TruecidationTruecidation Member Posts: 16

@ Ihsoyim: wow, you can't defend the game, so you resort to personal attacks. It just goes to show how bad the game actually is, and no amount of rabid frothy spittle fanboi ranting can save it. I said Flyff was better than 2moons, but did I say Flyff was great? Nope, it was a pile of crap too, just a better pile of crap then 2moons.

I'm posting my opinion here, which everyone is entitled to, unlike you, who are just posting drivel in all of your posts. You sound like an 8-year old raving fanboy, and you bought it on yourself. Come on, flame some more and show us how immature you are.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• DimSumMageDimSumMage Member Posts: 2

BTW guys it only takes about a day or 2 (not playing the whole day)  to get to lvl 40... you can probably get a party with a pro nowadays and train with them for a while. Once you reach lvl 34, u can dungeon with saves a ton of time where it is godly exp (but easy death till lvl 40 so be careful) and u lvl in literally 15 minutes for some classes...trust me its not hard, if ur commited to the game it will only take a few days to get to lvl 55... Also im not saying that its not fun lvl 55- but its just not AS fun because the pk doesnt wars dont really start till lvl 55. Its true that lvl 50-55 is an asian grindfest but it is all worth it once you hit lvl 55. The whole point of this game really is to get to lvl cap and beat the crap out of each other. Thats why there are dungeons throughout the lvls in the game to help to get to lvl cap... I dont really care if u guys play or not its ur opinion, but i think its great fun and thats why im already lvl 66+...

• MiyoshiMiyoshi Member Posts: 61

As i said in others posts Ihsoyim just shows us how bad is the 2moons community ...

Bad game , bad community ...

"As a new player, try exploring out of the safe zones. I can guarantee you, on any server cluster you care to run to, you will be PK'd by botters. Open PK is already pretty retarded, now you can get PK'd by people that aren't even at their computer. How lame is that?"

Just want to add something here, I currently playing Dekaron (Taiwan Version) and so far I've seen none Auto PK Bots, and seriously, David Perry need to do something on 2Moons (Acclaim) about those Auto PK Bots. After knowing this, I lost interest to download 2Moons (Acclaim), and will continue playing Dekaron Taiwan.

@ Truecidation, I respect your opinions about 2Moons and I agree with most of your comments on 2Moons, and the way you using those stupendous vocabulary, marvelous wording and flawless grammar really stunt me! Simply amazing! On some of your comments, I get to know that you're not very satisfy with Korean MMO devs? Here I quote it for you:

"I don't hate Korean MMOs, it's just that there's too many which are similar mindless grindfests. It's like a class of Korean developers all recently graduated, and formed their own companies, and are churning out similar games."

Just Like to ask you a question. By your standard, what mmorpg you personally thought that could satisfy you? I would like to know and want to try it out! Would you please recommend me? To be honest with you all, I still consider a "newbie" in mmorpg gaming world... Thank you so much and anticipating to your reply! :D

• lezardvlezardv Member UncommonPosts: 17

I have played a lot of MMORPG's and i can say that 2moons is not worth your time, it's an horrible grindfest where you are forced to play in parties if you want to level.

I reached lvl 50 in about 52 hours of gameplay, taking advantage of the 2x exp events (5 or 6, don't remember), after lvl 50, the grinding becomes extreme, real extreme, i mean 7 mobs, each 1000 xp for 1%, are you kidding me, and it takes you around 20 seconds to kill 1 mob, simply horrible, i couldn't take it anymore and stopped playing, as i didn't have the time to be grinding all day.

The graphics are ugly, really ugly, the community sucks, it's full of 14 year old kids, you can check the forums to confirm this, the GM's, VGM's and Mods also are kids, you get pk'ed every 5 mins by high lvl characters running in low lvl areas, you are forced to stay in a low lvl areas until certain lvl, getting mediocre exp.

If you try this game, good luck, i don't recommend it.

"it's an horrible grindfest where you are forced to play in parties if you want to level."

Not really, most of the time I'm soloing, until you reach level 34, you can try out Nunvice Dungeon, where you can grab huge Exp there, you can always redo the dungeon quest until you reach level 50. Why you used the word "forced"? do you mean that you dont like to party if not necessary? Find some online friends dude, don't be a lone ranger, it's quite boring when training alone you know, by the way, mmorpg is for you to make new friends while playing games.

"I reached lvl 50 in about 52 hours of gameplay, taking advantage of the 2x exp events (5 or 6, don't remember), after lvl 50, the grinding becomes extreme, real extreme, i mean 7 mobs, each 1000 xp for 1%, are you kidding me, and it takes you around 20 seconds to kill 1 mob, simply horrible, i couldn't take it anymore and stopped playing, as i didn't have the time to be grinding all day."

It took me only about 2 hours of gameplay (joined 3 Dead Front in one day) to level up from 65 to 68. It took you around 20 secs to kill 1 mob??? Are you kidding me? What? you using level 1 weapon??? lol You can always add attack attributes or enhance your weapon to become stronger. It takes me around 5-8 secs to kill a bunch of high level mobs (Red names mobs) by using AOE skills. *Dead Front are still not available in 2moons acclaim yet.

"The graphics are ugly, really ugly, the community sucks, it's full of 14 year old kids, you can check the forums to confirm this, the GM's, VGM's and Mods also are kids, you get pk'ed every 5 mins by high lvl characters running in low lvl areas, you are forced to stay in a low lvl areas until certain lvl, getting mediocre exp."

Graphics are ugly? This is where I totally disagree with you. Did you use 32mb display card? LMAO.. Did you double check your graphics setting, is it being set to lowest? Did you tick on the "LOD" option? FYI LOD adjust the graphics details on your character. I've "met" a lot of nice and helpful gamers in Dekaron Taiwan, so I think Taiwan community are better than 2moons acclaim, guess I couldn't say much about that. :P

Well, these is what I'm experienced from Dekaron Taiwan, please state your opinions and please add some comments, I would like to share with you all... :) *I think I should post in Dekaron Taiwan forum, not here!

~ALL THE BEST!~

Originally posted by kenichi5388

Not really, most of the time I'm soloing, until you reach level 34, you can try out Nunvice Dungeon, where you can grab huge Exp there, you can always redo the dungeon quest until you reach level 50. Why you used the word "forced"? do you mean that you dont like to party if not necessary? Find some online friends dude, don't be a lone ranger, it's quite boring when training alone you know, by the way, mmorpg is for you to make new friends while playing games.

It's a matter of what people like, i like to lvl alone, of course, i belong to a guild and have friends, but when it comes to lvl, i prefer to do it alone, a game is supposed to have options whether you want to solo or want to play in parties.

It took me only about 2 hours of gameplay (joined 3 Dead Front in one day) to level up from 65 to 68. It took you around 20 secs to kill 1 mob??? Are you kidding me? What? you using level 1 weapon??? lol You can always add attack attributes or enhance your weapon to become stronger. It takes me around 5-8 secs to kill a bunch of high level mobs (Red names mobs) by using AOE skills. *Dead Front are still not available in 2moons acclaim yet.

Dead Front has not been implemented in 2moons yet, and no, i'm not using a lvl 1 weapon, i use the latest weapon available for my class in that lvl, socketed with a couple of attributes, +20 damage, 1% attack speed, plus rings and a necklace with +10 increased damage. I grind in Norak 2 killing succubus and those ugly things at the end, near draco.

Graphics are ugly? This is where I totally disagree with you. Did you use 32mb display card? LMAO.. Did you double check your graphics setting, is it being set to lowest? Did you tick on the "LOD" option? FYI LOD adjust the graphics details on your character. I've "met" a lot of nice and helpful gamers in Dekaron Taiwan, so I think Taiwan community are better than 2moons acclaim, guess I couldn't say much about that. :P

I really hope that you are kidding, because this game has the worst graphics i've ever seen in a MMORPG, i don't know how Dekaron looks, but 2moons surely hasn't the best look, i have a nVidia Geforce 8600 GT 512mb, and it looks like shit. Lineage 2 looks better than 2moons. About the community, i don't know what kind of community Dekaron has, but i can assure that 2moons community isn't the best, as i said, it's full of kids and immature people who grief on everyone they can, and when reported to the mods, vgms and gms, the only answer you get is: switch shards... i mean, it shouldn't even happen in the first place, read the 2moons forums, you'll see what i'm talking about.

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

Ok the graphics ARE NOT terrible!

No way they are the worst of all mmo's the beat silkroad by a long shot.

• eldanesh117eldanesh117 Member Posts: 141

I don't see how the graphics are horrible... at least they try to make it look decent.

Not to be outright offensive, but I'd say that this game's graphics are a lot like World of Warcraft's, except the quality of the graphics is about ten times better.

TGWTETIPTNMAITC! -Gary Whitta

There are games with better graphics, and free too.
  • khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by lezardv

like what?

archlord? SRO? pfff common just be serious there are no f2p games with better graphics. the only one which could be like 2moons or maybe better is perfect world

Originally posted by khartokhar3

like what?

archlord? SRO? pfff common just be serious there are no f2p games with better graphics. the only one which could be like 2moons or maybe better is perfect world

Like guild wars.

like what?

Like guild wars. gw is not f2p. u have to buy it to play it. a f2p is a game which u dont need pay for. neither to buy nor monthly fees.

for games like gw and fury etc. u have to pay once so they are not f2p

like what?

Like guild wars. gw is not f2p. u have to buy it to play it. a f2p is a game which u dont need pay for. neither to buy nor monthly fees.

What the... are you kidding, GW is f2p, f2p games are the ones that don't have a monthly fee.

like what?

What the... are you kidding, GW is f2p, f2p games are the ones that don't have a monthly fee.

bullsh... . sorry for u but u are wrong. like i said before f2p games are games which u dont need to pay for. neither to buy nor monthly fee.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

2moons is a good FREE game to play, if you have can't afford to play any game with fees. It has good graphics for a F2P game, but not if i was paying monthly. If i was actually paying for this, id expect way better. The characters animations of running  so bad, its not funny. The whole "its in Beta excuse" doesnt fly in this game. They really better plan on keeping it free.

The spammers are, sadly, the worst part of this game, which is not even part of it the playing. But they are so pervasive, they actually take over huge parts of it. Its already been mentioned about AFKkillbots and such, and that part is all too real.

There is NO auction house, which makes for gearing a new character almost impossible, unless you are starting your 2nd and 3rd, and already know what you need, and who has been sitting in town for days already. (because youll know by name, who has stuff youve already seen 100x after you checked their inventory). In order to sell anything, everyone has to sit in the main towns, which is so clogged its not funny. And you have to literally run and check EVERYONE'S bubble just to see if they have something you may need. They may have sold it, but the message doesnt change, so haha! Fooled you! Some ppl who are just mean, put fake messages with stuff they never had, just so you waste time looking around. This is the worst community on any game I've ever seen; please do not lie to people saying how great it is and how people are helpful. We are not talking about the 1% of you who found a guild that decides to help. The reality is, this is a cutthroat game... hell, it even SAYS it in the tagline. Something about no mercy for the weak, no pity and no something else. What that means is if youre not a botter, dont bother on complaining.. youre the weak. Go make your own bot and dominate. The designers sure don't care.

The lack of an auction house really takes a huge bite out of enjoyment of this game, causing people to spam their junk constantly so their message can be seen, which in turn, causes the goldfarmers to spam more so their message can be seen, which in turn causes the players to spam more so their message can be seen, which causes the goldfar... aw hell, you get the idea. And its like that ALL day.

The original poster talks about the "ease" to level a character. I am sorry, but you can tell thats a guy who leveled a Summoner. Summoner, Hunter and Magician only chars you are gonna go out and burn everythng up THAT fast. You cannot do that with a Bagi (main tank) killing so fast to level to 55 in a few days. You dont have the dps till much later. And he definitely didnt try Segnale (healer).

I played a Segnale to level 46; and let me tell you... you do NOT want to play this character unless you have nothing but time on your hands, or a guy several levels above you in your guild to cart you around high level areas so you can get any amount of decent exp. This character is not able to do anything worthwhile until level 59, but you dont know that starting out. There is no need for a healer class until group dungeons start which is well after level 40, so if you do a healer you will be out of luck until then. Only at top levels is Segnale even wanted, by which time, the dungeons they are wanted for they can actually SOLO themselves. Now if thats not the stupidest thing ever designed, idk what is. And don't start putting up posts saying "I had a Segnale, and made it to level 7X, and you don't know what youre talking about.. its easy." If they don't admit that all this fast leveling is with the overpowered characters like Summoners, they are just fanbois.

Basically to level in this game around 40ish, you have to go to this place called Nunavice Dungeon. There its a solo dungeon, which on the face sounds ok. The first few times in, the exp is so fantastic cause when you kill a mob you get like, 2k exp which at that level is godly. You get so far, then you die or run out of time, which costs 10k gold each time you go in it. You do this over, over, over, over and .. (did I mention over?) until you can finally beat the dungeon. Now that youve beaten it, time to move on right? Nope. Go back in and rinse and repeat this crap several hundred more times because you are still to low to do anything worthwhile outside.

Keep it real for what this game is... a long, boring grindfest. With emphasis on the b o r i n g.

like what?

bullsh... . sorry for u but u are wrong. like i said before f2p games are games which u dont need to pay for. neither to buy nor monthly fee.

Actually i'm not, do some research before saying someone else is wrong.

like what?

i think u just dont want to understand.

noone ask for a f2p game and means just one with no fees. everyone would expect a completely free game  which u dont need to buy or pay fees.

like what?

i think u just dont want to understand.

noone ask for a f2p game and means just one with no fees. everyone would expect a completely free game  which u dont need to buy or pay fees.

Ok then, whatever you say.
  • AlonKZAlonKZ Member Posts: 7

agree with u! 100%. this game promised not a grind and regular MMO, well geuss what those bastar** lied,big time lied, this is the regular grind MMO like most of them out there,grapic is fine,at first its cool then its just like same stuff,nothing new hepends no story line,the game is boring,quest over fast and all u got left is GRIND,not enought skills,the world is boring,there is like a grind place with 3-4 floors,all of them ARE THE SAME!!! u can ask urself:"wait its the first or the second floor??" anyway dont worth playing,i waisted so much time of my life on this game , for nothing!!!

• kola_666kola_666 Member UncommonPosts: 42

Yes everyone of us decides what to do with their lifes....for now I dedicated some of my time in playing 2Moons..only the time will tell if that was waste of time or not.Decide all for yourselfs....