Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has there been any talk about adding armor dye eventually?

Something..ANYTHING to help customize some of the drab armor sets out there?..It's like they went out of there way to use every possible shade of grey and dullish blues in existance..And the leather, while I understand has to look leathery...COME ON!!! Just a LITTLE variety..Sucks walking around looking like you are wearing a quilt that your granny made for a chest piece.

The Appearance Tab helps..but only a little since there isn't a lot to choose from.

One thing I loved about EQ1 was the ability to make even crappy armor that you were stuck with for a while look somewhat cool for a few levels lol.

Just wondering if there has been any talk about that or at least upgrading the armor graphics?

I play, enjoy the game, and continue too regardless.  But that is one thing that I would LOVE to see right about now.  I am sure they have very nice armor sets for upper levels..50+..but if they could just sure up the lower levels with a little splash of color. it would make the trek to 80 a lot more enjoyable.

Comments

• valo_666valo_666 Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by SeriphinX

Something..ANYTHING to help customize some of the drab armor sets out there?..It's like they went out of there way to use every possible shade of grey and dullish blues in existance..And the leather, while I understand has to look leathery...COME ON!!! Just a LITTLE variety..Sucks walking around looking like you are wearing a quilt that your granny made for a chest piece.
    The Appearance Tab helps..but only a little since there isn't a lot to choose from.
    One thing I loved about EQ1 was the ability to make even crappy armor that you were stuck with for a while look somewhat cool for a few levels lol.
    Just wondering if there has been any talk about that or at least upgrading the armor graphics?
    I play, enjoy the game, and continue too regardless.  But that is one thing that I would LOVE to see right about now.  I am sure they have very nice armor sets for upper levels..50+..but if they could just sure up the lower levels with a little splash of color. it would make the trek to 80 a lot more enjoyable.

Honestly i used to feel the same exact way regarding bland armor...but dye would just make everyone look the same, not to mention making the armor look toonie for lack of a better word.  Everyone would go straight for the coolest looking dye and eventually even different armor sets would looks too similar.

i've learned to hate extravagant looking armor early game, it makes me feel like i'm playing a cheap import. If they come up with another way to spice things up i'm all for it.  I kind of like the image the low lvl armor gives, the armor reflects upon the characters skill lvl.

• I just wish that technology in MMO's was such that crafters or whomever could design upon the standard armor..doesn't have to be outlandish..but say, take a normal leather pattern, and have the freedom to add some cool tribal decals on it or something creative.

As for the dye's I loved running out in solid dark red armor ala Bram Stoker's Dracula..and yeah, I know tons of people would no doubt mimic a good idea over and over, but as long as I'M happy..I wouldn't object.

But I see what you are saying.