Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things That Repel Me From AoC

2»

Comments

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

1.   What are they supposed to look like? Are you wanting 3 Dimension Builds of people like in the movies? I mean honestly no real computer can constantly compute that data, atleast not one that any normal can afford.    AoC has a more EQ2 realistic approach with less Claymation look to its textures which is far more eye appealing (even tho i love eq2).  They can't make everything super high rez or they'll run into the problems that Everquest 2 did..not alot of people could play it and run it smoothly with good graphics.  As fast as computesr are you still have to take into account that there could be HUNDREDS of these expensive high rez models on screen.  

2.  This has been in EVERY mmo since the beginning of time.   Even muds, even UO, even EQ1.   Get used to it no one wants to play an MMO if you have to refer to a person as "that dude there to your left who's getting ready to club you, yea yea him he's got the big club with the spikes on the end" instead of going "Hey Backstabber isa bout to clobber you RUN!"   Its nice to turn names off if your in a city or a large scale battle so you can see around them but its far more handy to have them on.

3.  Eh...debatable..I really like DDO's combat system you can do either or but non auto attack is way more fun and engaging.

4.  This is debatable though ....  and can easily be adjusted added in or changed over time.  Thats the joy of server rule sets.  Why do everything at once when you can test the simple part and carefully add in something riskier and edgier (of course i personally hate the idea some lvl 50 schmuck (while im say lvl 30)could come pounce me steal my expenisve gear and sell it for nickles n dimes,there are just to many people that take advantage of full pvp looting.  Its fun for some but so not fun the victims it caused atleast in my memory alot of bitterness between players when games are supposed to be about fun and a good laugh.

5.   Its an MMO..anyone that says Skills vs Level means you have actual Skill is full of Crap.   Skill systems are nice for customization of skill sets sure but you still have to grind, you still need to know how to play your character, and you still have to perfect your build.   Level is no different you just grind for a single level to increase your 'skills' instead of a long winded grind to increase each individual skill (Uo anyone? how many of us created macros to stand still and constantly play music or cast a spell repeatedly and just walked away until we were mastered? Everyone! No skill Needed).   The skill in any game level or 'skill' based is actually knowing how to play your toon and figuring out the best specs to your playstyle and then being able to on the fly tactically use them in battle solo or in groups.  Thats real skill.   

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by SilverPhenix

Originally posted by sempiternal

Where do I get the impression of cartoon-like graphics?  From the screenshots on the homepage:

Female Barbarian

Please tell me there's gonna be scales to adjust body mass. Look at those arms! I've seen Nigerian anorexic drug-addicts with more skin on them...

So you found it humorous as well that her arm band is about 3 inches too big, and kind of floats around her arm?

Or that her breasts alone contain more mass than her arms?

I just thought "damn" when I saw that picture.  And not in the good way.

And you know, the cartoon graphics has a point, but it depends on which cartoon you look at.  For instance....

or...

or....

I mean they're all cartoons, in the sense of they're style, and they all look like stuff in AoC. 

However, I think most people think more of bright colors and WoW-esque graphics when they think of cartoons. :p

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by bachanam

Originally posted by Ginkeq

I hope there is a feature to turn off that blood.  Honestly, it's nice to keep all the kids away, but it's not something I want to see every time I hit someone.  Seems kind of excessive

The blood splattering on the screen is a DirectX10 effect, so unless you have Windows Vista, DirectX10 and a DirectX10 enabled video card, you won't see it.

windows vista.

ug.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

Quick side note, has anyone ever thought it odd that He man didn't choose something that had pockets?  I mean come on, there is only so much you can carry in your loin cloth and he doesn't use s rucksack or anything.

"oh here, let me just put this enchanted gemstone in my loin cloth next to my other 2 stones so I can do some sword fighting"

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

What does a real Yeti look like?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

The way I see it, there's only one true skill in playing games, and that's the art of enjoying yourself. It is a skill that transcends all play styles and systems.

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by korvass

The way I see it, there's only one true skill in playing games, and that's the art of enjoying yourself. It is a skill that transcends all play styles and systems.

Well put..

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by Ampallang

Quick side note, has anyone ever thought it odd that He man didn't choose something that had pockets?  I mean come on, there is only so much you can carry in your loin cloth and he doesn't use s rucksack or anything.

"oh here, let me just put this enchanted gemstone in my loin cloth next to my other 2 stones so I can do some sword fighting"

Trivia Time!

"Thulsa Doom" is still active apparently in the same time as "Age of Conan".

I do believe this is the original character Skelletor from He-Man was patterned after :P

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Trivia Time!

"Thulsa Doom" is still active apparently in the same time as "Age of Conan".
    I do believe this is the original character Skelletor from He-Man was patterned after :P

Haha, probably.. Gotto love that dude... Hope to meet him ingame... Maybe he'll turn into a snake and I can keep him as a pet?

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Where did this 'blood splatter on screen is windows vista only' rumor get it's start? Cause they've had that affect in builds in the game for many months that they've been showing off in Dx9.

Also the effect doesn't happen when you crit. It happens when you get a Fatality Move, such as gutting a guy, cutting his head off, an arm off, etc, etc. :)

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

Its been a while but I recall hearing that hasbro was going to release a conan series but had to tone it down and so produced he-man instead.

Thulsa doom does have the snake motif to him as skeletor does.  Would be a good match.  Except the skeletor seems more physical. 

Ok now who can tell me which is more powerful the steel of a blade or the flesh the wields the blade?

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by Ampallang

Its been a while but I recall hearing that hasbro was going to release a conan series but had to tone it down and so produced he-man instead.
    Thulsa doom does have the snake motif to him as skeletor does.  Would be a good match.  Except the skeletor seems more physical. 

Ok now who can tell me which is more powerful the steel of a blade or the flesh the wields the blade?

Depends on how you define it :p

The "obvious" answer is the sword, since that tool is doing the original damage.

The answer you're probably looking for is the flesh since that's the explaination in Conan lore.

On a weight by weight basis, the sword contains much more kinetic potential packed into its atoms

The flesh will have more total kinetic potential simply because of sheer mass. (Think about this, if all the energy contained in the atoms and the bonds between them of a simple paperclip was released all at once, the resulting explosion would rival most modern HE grenades.)

In the end, both are almost nothing without the forces of inertia and related physical properties

I could go on and on... :p

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• WolfheartIXWolfheartIX Member Posts: 21

About the name tags...

Why not put an option to remove your own name tag so that even other people can't see it. If you want to remain anonymous then this would be the way. It would also greatly improve the player's ability to hide in his surroundings. Wearing green clothes in a forest would actually mean something then. -> Much more exciting PvP.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

That's a good idea.  Then most would likely hide tags in dangerous areas and maybe show them in town to do business.

I like it!