Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday Update 26th October '07 - Postcards from Beta #1

AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Postcards from Beta #1: Silly Hats Only - with screenshots(links in white in the text)

To Russia, With Love - Hands on gaming action for Russians V. Soon.

New Mitra's Method on Warcry - Posted before but still Friday update and definately worth a read!

I was actually surprised at the variety of gear those players were wearing and that they are easily distinguishable by their body types as well. Keep up the good work.

Overall an amusing update for me!

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

"Which brings me to my second point: Everyone looks different. Here's a group waiting for me to quit messing around with my silly hat so we can go out and kill Picts, and even though there's some shared gear between the different characters (which makes sense, since we're all fresh off the beach and just starting to level up), at a glance, you can tell who is who, even with the UI turned off."

Character diversity right from the start!

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Yea that's freakin sweet lol. :) But ya know, AO was the same way for the most part.

I love how he said that he found a ship wreck and how theres just stuff like that around the game word that gives it a 'lived in' feel. Most MMOGs look like nobody has ever explored them or lived in them. The buildings are pristine, the wilderness's are vast and mostly unused or developed, etc.

It reminds me of the Lord of the Rings movies. I think one big reason they went over so well was because every scene that had a prop in it (IE most lol,) even the outdoor areas, looked lived in. Whether it be an ancient and busted statue or ruins from a long lost civilization. They really gave you the feeling that they were in a different realm, not earth, and that the land was ancient and lived in and civilizations of millenia past lie buried under current civilizations. Was just fantastic at giving the viewer even more reason to get immersed. Looks like AoC is striving to do the same thing. :)

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Yep I have to say they look like they are doing a goob job with the lanscapes and scenery. Alot of things seem tangible, even more so when you consider certain things can be climbed.