Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Pre-Ordered POTBS+game guide

I'm putting my trust in everyone invovled with POTB by paying around 70 bucks for the game/guide. Please don't pull a Vanguard on me.

*Didn't get into beta or the stress test.*

Comments

• SilkwyrmSilkwyrm Member UncommonPosts: 7

One of the developers recently mentioned they are looking to run a 2nd stress test sometime in the coming few weeks. May be a good idea to keep an eye on their website, if your interested.

BTW, grats on the pre-order, still waiting eagerly here for details on the EU pre-order :)

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I'll be pre-ordering once I get back to BKK (I'm in Kuala Lumpur ATM) and it's on Amazon. However I never bother with a game guide.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by Agricola1

However I never bother with a game guide.

It could spoil the fun in these games to have one of those, imo.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• snake50312snake50312 Member Posts: 31

I just preordered too. Cant wait for it to come out

• d1nod1no Member Posts: 4

are you guys mostly preordering online? or just at a store like gamestop etc?

• RickSaadaRickSaada Senior Developer, POTBSMember Posts: 200

At the moment I would recommend getting it at a store.  I'm not sure Amazon is carrying the pre-order box, which is where you get the codes for the parrot, early admission, etc. and the audio CD.  They'll happily take your order for the retail box, but that doesn't get you any of the pre-order goodies.   BB/EB Games/Gamestop should all have it in the next few days.   Apparently the date we got from Sony was the date boxes were shipping, and since we're not big enough for places like BB to be expressing stuff to stores, it takes a few days to wind through the system.   Communication has been a little difficult with the Sony folks these last few days, as most of them have been forced from their homes by the raging fires down there.   So we're not sweating a few days delay, there are bigger things to worry about at the moment.

Rick Saada - FLS Dev & EPFBM

• d1nod1no Member Posts: 4

yea very true, thanks a lot for the information by the way

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by RickSaada

At the moment I would recommend getting it at a store.  I'm not sure Amazon is carrying the pre-order box, which is where you get the codes for the parrot, early admission, etc. and the audio CD.  They'll happily take your order for the retail box, but that doesn't get you any of the pre-order goodies.   BB/EB Games/Gamestop should all have it in the next few days.   Apparently the date we got from Sony was the date boxes were shipping, and since we're not big enough for places like BB to be expressing stuff to stores, it takes a few days to wind through the system.   Communication has been a little difficult with the Sony folks these last few days, as most of them have been forced from their homes by the raging fires down there.   So we're not sweating a few days delay, there are bigger things to worry about at the moment.

Well Brad McQuaid was always talking about playing his violin out in the countryside, maybe someone tried to smoke him out? Smedleys' home being burnt to the ground, many of us are in mourning over this sad event please send him the condolences of the SWG vet community.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Originally posted by RickSaada

I preordered it online from game stop. Does that mean I will get the preorder box?!

• RickSaadaRickSaada Senior Developer, POTBSMember Posts: 200

To be honest, I have no clue.  You'll have to check with them.  I know that *nobody* is getting our pre-order boxes at the moment, thanks to some rather annoying problems not of our, or even Sony's doing. 

http://www.burningsea.com/page/news/article&article_id=10457

Apparently retailers are not too pleased with the whole Gods & Heroes cancellation after pre-order boxes were out, so Sony has to finish cleaning up after Perpetual before they can get our boxes out.    Between that and the raging fires driving SOE employees from their homes, a couple week delay is pretty reasonable.   Disappointing for us to take, but small in the big picture.

Rick Saada - FLS Dev & EPFBM

Thanks, I think I will just cancel it online and pick it up at the store because I really want the preorder shiz nits