Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm thinking of you EQ@, but just wondering...

NevereNevere Member Posts: 6

Alright, well i have have a wizard in the upper 20's... just wanted to know how wizards are? crappy? does every class still own them? what are they good for? Also, how is the population on the Lucan D'lere(spelling?) server?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • DrFodDrFod Member Posts: 63

With spells like Fusion and Ice Nova Wizzies have the greatest single target spike damage in the game, essential for many of the raid mobs that need to be burned down in their last 10% of HP. Big contrast to a necro which does most of its damage by throwing dots.

Personally, the root-nuke rinse-repeat gameplay style of wizzies is a bit tiresome for me, and the pet classes do solo better as well as being more fun. But there are no bad or 'joke' classes in EQ2, as always I would recommend rolling several toons and seeing which you prefer playing.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

I think most fragile caster classes without pets do root and nuke to solo. Wizzies has great DPS spells but they're rather fragile and die fast esp against mobs that hit too hard and has spell interrupt/knockback abilities.