Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'll Be Teh First to say...

OrtisaiOrtisai Member Posts: 162
Its boring as the first, and its funny that its so boring, nobody will even reply to this thread

Comments

• Username!Username! Member Posts: 165
    I will reply to this thread .

Game was semi-interesting.

• hangtimehangtime Member Posts: 2
    hmm..its not that its boring.. and that no1 bothers to reply..its bcoz wats there to reply wen a hate of this game posts here..lol.. no offence to ya man..but..this game  is cool to some and bad to some..so if i wer eu.. take it hate it or leave it... that simple.. piz..

• jwshaw88jwshaw88 Member Posts: 149
    Well, I for one enjoy the game.  I guess you have to be really really tired of the grind fest that is most MMO's to truely appreciate what guild wars has to offer.  It's probably not that appealing to the uber leet who need to have gear that only they are special enough to get, but for those of us who enjoy this sort of game and just can't part with the monthly fee, or the constant expansion purchases or the 8 straight hours of raiding to get gear for someone else because we're not playing the "core" classes, this game offers a very nice alternative to the mainstream MMO.

• LudovicoLudovico Member Posts: 47
    Ah Hangtime, Dont go telling people to do things when you do them yourselves. Let him voice his view without someone telling him hes wrong and that they are right.

• hangtimehangtime Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Ludovico
    Ah Hangtime, Dont go telling people to do things when you do them yourselves. Let him voice his view without someone telling him hes wrong and that they are right.

yo??? wat the heck ya saying dude..i wasnt telling him wat to do..i was asking hin to niether take it or leave it..thats not like telling sum1 wat to do... it was a choice..for pipol to niether appreciate the game or not...  aight???  get it???  
  • hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by Ludovico

He is wrong though...someone did reply to the thread...

And he's actually also wrong that the game is boring (it may be boring to him, but certainly isn't to everyone).

227 districts at one time for the Canthan Dragon festival (I think that's at least 25,000 people or so and they were just in one town) mean that at least that many don't find it too boring.

But then...the opening post was copybook troll...so...who cares.

• DarkikonDarkikon Member UncommonPosts: 42
    The most appealing characteristic of this game, and the reason it consistently gets ratings among the highest on this site must be that it is free. I gave it a good long try and just don't see the long term appeal, although it's kinda cool for a couple of weeks.
  • TheGODehTTheGODehT Member Posts: 3
    erm... silkroad online is free and its like... 8.1 :/

plus, i think the POINT of mmos is NOT pvp.... its grinding, teamwork, expanding your characters abilities...

pvp is not everything.

all guildwars is is pvp :/

sorry

silkroad FTW!
  • Synyster777Synyster777 Member Posts: 301
    Silkroad is much better than gw imo but everyone always has the argument that gw isnt a rpg blah blah blah. Ok then so it isn't an rpg and you all play because the PvP is "good". There is a tonne of games where the PvP is alot more balanced and fun then guild wars and you get the option to role-play :). Gw is good for awhile. The expansion is hopeless as stated in my review. And no this game is certainly not free. It costs money. Money that could be used for months of play on a *decent* game. Gw may be "free" but it does'nt last you very long just like all "free" games in your local gaming store.

Lend a hand and break the chains of regularity you lean so closely upon

• elitwebbelitwebb Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by Ortisai
    Its boring as the first, and its funny that its so boring, nobody will even reply to this thread

You know what might make it more fun.  They should put in a series of math problems, and then change the name to Guild Wars Fractions.
  • Synyster777Synyster777 Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by elitwebb

You know what might make it more fun.  They should put in a series of math problems, and then change the name to Guild Wars Fractions.

now that was funny

Lend a hand and break the chains of regularity you lean so closely upon

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

I dont like this game cause its a little strict on the sotryline, and the fact that once you get to Keining, Its heavily party dependent, You have to have a full party of good players to do much of anything.

I can see why people like this game though. But ifyou dont like being in a party 24/7, I wouldnt play this

-------------------------

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

It's definitely hard for the newcommer (thus why most people recommend doing Prophecies first). But I solo'ed most of the missions (ie. with Henchies). And someone in my guild said they solo'ed all of them with their Assassin.

It definitely has a few too many "locked gates", where you must have a mission completed to get through, but I can understand why they did this too. The continent is small, and if everybody was skipping missions, there'd be no one to party with for those who wanted to party.

I enjoy teaming up, particularly for missions, but once I can get to all the explorable areas, I generally do them at a relaxed pace "solo".

• xterminatusxterminatus Member Posts: 7
    Gw has it`s flawes but it is a great game that combines good story and primary quest and MMo much more likeble than thousands of clones with quests like go and kill100 of those and upon your return U get another quest similar and so on and on I think that U should give it a second chance try plz

• TrapStar304TrapStar304 Member Posts: 14
    this game is alright but imagine if it was a real rpg wow off the chart
    imean the world is freakn alsum
    imagine all those monsters getting ksed by us
    lol
    it would definatly own wow

• tHED@Rkl0rDtHED@Rkl0rD Member Posts: 1

But then thats the point, I was on the ArchLord beta, and all I did to get from lvl1 to lvl 10 was grind some lousy dumb looking monsters for 3 weeks straight. You cant enter Pvp till you are some lvl6 or something, and by the time I got to lvl 6 there were like thousands of lvl 10 upwards folks standing outside the gate. Walk out - get killed - respawn in town- walk out- get killed - respawn...thats all i did for a week.
    Thats farming for you...
    Gw makes it a great co-op game wherein you can tweak skills, armor, etc. Of course for the uber leet, who want to have the one unique piece of feather on their head gear which no one else has, too bad, but then theres so much more to look at.
    You dont need too much of cash to buy stuff in game, and you can get along well with most items picked from drops.
    Someone mentioned its kinda boring after a few weeks, I agree to disagree. You may get stuck in a really tough quest/mission for days together in PvE and thats very likely in Factions, since there are quite a few of these lying around. But just look at the map and with atleast 5 quests coming out of 30 odd towns/posts, it will take you a better part of 6 months to end up on the PvP towns by travelling thru the storyline. And with Arena Net making it a point to bump up a expansion every six months, you are all set.

Of course all of the above IMO  image

• mitsuko_i_bmitsuko_i_b Member Posts: 3

if there was one thing i could change about this game it would be different races like animal people *viera*(sp?) or bird people that would be awesome. thats like all i would change and some other things not too major though.image

• dertomokdertomok Member Posts: 79
    GW isn't boring . And I even made my opinion : all hate GW , who like only level rising . GW isn't based on level , level 20 is only the start . There is a lot of things you can do , when you reach level 20 :
    1. Collect or get prestige armor or FoW armor ( FoW armor one of the most expensive item in the game ascribable as prestige armor but it cost hundredfold more ) , ( prestige armor looks much nicier than common skin armor , costs a lot , too get it , you must farm in UW or FoW or find other way too earn a lot of monay ) 2. Collect or get perfect nice skin wepons (the most expensive item is Crystalline Swords , if it is perfect it is the most expensive item in whole game , too get it you must farm about one year , 2-4 hours a day ) ( or you could buy clear skin wepon with max damge and 15^50 than put upgrades that you want too make it , costs a lot , too get it you must farm in UW or FoW or find other way too earn a lot of money ) 3. Collect or get miniatures ( miniatures is smaller version of monster or NPC , there is miniatures who costs very little and there is miniatures who are one of the most expensive items in game like miniature Kanaxai- worth like Eight FoW armors , to get it you must farm about one year , 2-4 hours a day ) . 4. Complete all missions ( if you have completed them , complete them for master reward if you are in NightFall or Factions and if you are in Prophecies complete bonus mission , when you done it you should get Protector title , and when you complete the last mission of the game you can do missions in Hard Mode , when you complete all mission in Hard Mode you get Defender title , Hard Mode is very hard , it is for expert players ) 5. Collect titles ( there is 25 titles witch you can get , if you want to see them go to http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page or http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page sites ) If you want too see how much you are left too do read this : When you reach level 20 you have + - 132456 XP if i remember , and there is title ( Legendary Survior ) who need too collect 1,337,500 XP too get it with no death ! ( This is hard one title ^^ ) 6. Help other players ^^ . 7. Create your own guild or join guild . When you are in the guild you can do Guild versus Guild , Alliance Battles ( If your guild is faction;'s ) or just make farming guild or funny , friendly guild ^^ . 8. Do PvP . Capture elite or normal skills to create good PvP build and fight with other too get Balthazar faction or Luxon/Kurkiz faction ( Balthazar faction unlocks items on PvP mode characters and Luxon/Kurkiz Faction raises your guild faction , how more faction guild has , that beter outposts or citys it can control )ild and fight with other too get Balthazar faction or Luxon/Kurkiz faction ( Balthazar faction unlocks items on PvP mode characters and Luxon/Kurkiz Faction raises your guild faction , how more faction guild has , that beter outposts or citys it can control ) 9. Do Competitive Missions , Challenge Missions , Elite Missions . Also you cando Hero battles too earn fame for your account . Is it enough ?I know more , much more what to do when you reach level 20 ^^ . Have fun with GW Faction campings ^^ . These is the thing you can do , but I recommend don't make the level uping as your primary purpose , the main purpose for you should be intresting and fun game ... And about boring , it will be boring if you will only rise your level too 20 and go farming six hours a day and i wouldn't be boring if you would do varied things from the PvE too the PvP .

First you must give , only than you can take .

• 123shaheer12123shaheer12 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Ortisai

dumbas*es think it boring

• Unicorns_PwnUnicorns_Pwn Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by dertomok

GW isn't boring . And I even made my opinion : all hate GW , who like only level rising . GW isn't based on level , level 20 is only the start . There is a lot of things you can do , when you reach level 20 : 1. Collect or get prestige armor or FoW armor ( FoW armor one of the most expensive item in the game ascribable as prestige armor but it cost hundredfold more ) , ( prestige armor looks much nicier than common skin armor , costs a lot , too get it , you must farm in UW or FoW or find other way too earn a lot of monay ) 2. Collect or get perfect nice skin wepons (the most expensive item is Crystalline Swords , if it is perfect it is the most expensive item in whole game , too get it you must farm about one year , 2-4 hours a day ) ( or you could buy clear skin wepon with max damge and 15^50 than put upgrades that you want too make it , costs a lot , too get it you must farm in UW or FoW or find other way too earn a lot of money ) 3. Collect or get miniatures ( miniatures is smaller version of monster or NPC , there is miniatures who costs very little and there is miniatures who are one of the most expensive items in game like miniature Kanaxai- worth like Eight FoW armors , to get it you must farm about one year , 2-4 hours a day ) . 4. Complete all missions ( if you have completed them , complete them for master reward if you are in NightFall or Factions and if you are in Prophecies complete bonus mission , when you done it you should get Protector title , and when you complete the last mission of the game you can do missions in Hard Mode , when you complete all mission in Hard Mode you get Defender title , Hard Mode is very hard , it is for expert players ) 5. Collect titles ( there is 25 titles witch you can get , if you want to see them go to http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page or http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page sites ) If you want too see how much you are left too do read this : When you reach level 20 you have + - 132456 XP if i remember , and there is title ( Legendary Survior ) who need too collect 1,337,500 XP too get it with no death ! ( This is hard one title ^^ ) 6. Help other players ^^ . 7. Create your own guild or join guild . When you are in the guild you can do Guild versus Guild , Alliance Battles ( If your guild is faction;'s ) or just make farming guild or funny , friendly guild ^^ . 8. Do PvP . Capture elite or normal skills to create good PvP build and fight with other too get Balthazar faction or Luxon/Kurkiz faction ( Balthazar faction unlocks items on PvP mode characters and Luxon/Kurkiz Faction raises your guild faction , how more faction guild has , that beter outposts or citys it can control )ild and fight with other too get Balthazar faction or Luxon/Kurkiz faction ( Balthazar faction unlocks items on PvP mode characters and Luxon/Kurkiz Faction raises your guild faction , how more faction guild has , that beter outposts or citys it can control ) 9. Do Competitive Missions , Challenge Missions , Elite Missions . Also you cando Hero battles too earn fame for your account . Is it enough ?I know more , much more what to do when you reach level 20 ^^ . Have fun with GW Faction campings ^^ . These is the thing you can do , but I recommend don't make the level uping as your primary purpose , the main purpose for you should be intresting and fun game ... And about boring , it will be boring if you will only rise your level too 20 and go farming six hours a day and i wouldn't be boring if you would do varied things from the PvE too the PvP .

Holy fucking shit.... Where did I put that decoder ring? Seriously restructure this if you want anyone to read it.