Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look a like armor

ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

I am disappointed at the limited range of armor  for lower level characters.I really do NOT like looking like soooo many other players.FREE doesn't mean I have to accept this shortcomming.

Comments

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by Arawon

I am disappointed at the limited range of armor  for lower level characters.I really do NOT like looking like soooo many other players.FREE doesn't mean I have to accept this shortcomming.

QQ... it's better this way so the PvP can be playable.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

The Daoc devs didn't come to that conclusion.

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284
    Originally posted by Arawon

The Daoc devs didn't come to that conclusion.

The Daoc devs don't develop RF Onlne, and besides, RF Online requires a better system.

• KrausenKrausen Member Posts: 20

Well i was kinda annoyed too at the very first, but later i notice that you can get easily and i mean easily to lvl 27 when you start changing the look of armors, so don't worry , if you're in a hurry then make a party and get even easier exp. I start playing this game the last week and i like it a lot =D.

• mrxinstallmrxinstall Member Posts: 36

I started playing RFO just 4 days ago and I must say that it seems to be a good game!

Yes the armor at the low levels is a little plain and very similar for everyone in those levels but unless I am completely wrong every game I have ever played is like this!

As a new player I think it was great to see that most high level players help look after the new players. (eg. they don't like people from the same nation killing the new players or giving them a hard time)

I think this combined with the fact it is now free to play this game will get a lot of new players into the game, which can only be a good thing for everyone that plays the game.

The only thing I have a problem with is the lack of new player information for doing certain things.  (yes there is the usual very very basic starter guides but from the official owners/developers there isn't a lot that explains how to do things. Once again the high level players in the game come to the rescue and are always willing to answer questions. Thety also have made up their own player guides which are very useful)

So all in all this game has a lot to offer and I would suggest that people that are interested in this game give it a go. the client doesn't take that long to download IF you have a decent speed internet connection. (the file is approx 1.3Gb)

The graphics and detail in-game are GREAT and even though they aren't THE BEST they aren't far off being in the top group of game graphics.

Here one Day Gone The Next.
    Game reviewer.

• BOYVIRGO666BOYVIRGO666 Member Posts: 158

well its not exactly hard to get to 30 is it? hell iv been playing since tuesday and im lvl 28. people who complain about the begining of thsi game really have to try harder cuz its not that long

genius inside insanity

• lordphycuslordphycus Member Posts: 27

I don't think the beginning of the game is that hard, and honestly how many mmos do you have much of an option for armor early on in the game.  I've only been playing for a few days and I've got to the point where armor is starting to change.  Regardless of armor there are quite a few different weapons floating around that all look ridiculously cool, especially for the warrior class, that I wasn't bothered so much by the armor.  As an aside I think the drop rate early in the game is awesome, it really lets you try out different weapon and skill combos without having to drop tons of loot.  Also bonus is the fact that I think RF wins for the coolest shields in an mmo ever.  My only disappointment is that there don't appear to be any skill animations, especially for the magic users.  If I'm tossing a fireball I'd like to see a fireball, I dont' know maybe that changes at some point.  In the end, having played tons of "free" and pay mmos I think this one comes pretty close to the quality of some of the monthly fee games that I've played, probably as close as any that I've played.

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

Originally posted by lordphycus

I don't think the beginning of the game is that hard, and honestly how many mmos do you have much of an option for armor early on in the game.  I've only been playing for a few days and I've got to the point where armor is starting to change.  Regardless of armor there are quite a few different weapons floating around that all look ridiculously cool, especially for the warrior class, that I wasn't bothered so much by the armor.  As an aside I think the drop rate early in the game is awesome, it really lets you try out different weapon and skill combos without having to drop tons of loot.  Also bonus is the fact that I think RF wins for the coolest shields in an mmo ever.  My only disappointment is that there don't appear to be any skill animations, especially for the magic users.  If I'm tossing a fireball I'd like to see a fireball, I dont' know maybe that changes at some point.  In the end, having played tons of "free" and pay mmos I think this one comes pretty close to the quality of some of the monthly fee games that I've played, probably as close as any that I've played.

There is a solution to your missing visual effects. If you go into your options and turn lighting to max, you'll see your fireballs and all the other spells you cast. There are animations, you just have to enable them.

I just seem to have a problem that whenever I enable them, I crash. Most other people don't have this problem though. I'm just unlucky lol

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• lordphycuslordphycus Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Raunu

There is a solution to your missing visual effects. If you go into your options and turn lighting to max, you'll see your fireballs and all the other spells you cast. There are animations, you just have to enable them.

I just seem to have a problem that whenever I enable them, I crash. Most other people don't have this problem though. I'm just unlucky lol
    /smack own forehead

I can't believe I've been running around with a high end video card and the graphics cranked to the minimum.  They game looks much better than it did before and I was already pretty impressed.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

The armor at EVERY LEVEL looks just like everyone else at that level.  There are two sets for each race... everyone looks the same.  It won't get better as you level.

• mrxinstallmrxinstall Member Posts: 36

Well really I find it very hard to find anything about this game to whinge about, as I have said before the major part of the user base is great, helpful etc etc. The game has great graphics and a reasonable amount of things to do.

Leveling up your character isn't hard but it does slow down a little each time you move up a level (but thats just natural otherwise higher levels would have no meaning)

As it is a RvRvR type game or PVP for those that don't understand the 3 R's makes it good although it does sometimes make leveling hard when you get into the higher levels and you go to Haram and Sette.

As I have said before I would suggest that people download the game and give it a try, the download is approx 1.3Gb in size and really doesn't take that long to get.

The music or theme for the game is really nice and if anyone knows who sings that song it woulod be great if you could let me know. Not that I need to go looking for the music as a copy of the song and the video with the song is in one of the directories of the game.

As for the levels of  graphics settings maybe your system is crashing when you turn it right up because your video card is not fully supported, or you need to look at getting an update for your video drivers. All of my system have no problem running the game with the lighting set at level 4, even my laptops.

Here one Day Gone The Next.
    Game reviewer.