Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO or EQ2?

LeviothanLeviothan Member Posts: 3

I was currently debating these two MMO's as a choice for my future gaming endeavours seeing as WoW doesn't add decent content ever. I know EQ2's content is shoved in your face quickly which makes the games progression zoom far ahead. LOTRO is rather new but does come out with plenty of content. Thing is, EQ2 already has LVL caps up to 80 with this next expansion. Would it be worth playing this game from scratch if I have to catch up to the progression bar or should I just play the relatively new LOTRO? Feedback is most appreciated. Also, if there are any other types of MMOs that you currently feel are great for new subscribers to jump in on other than the ones I listed would be great additions to the choice pool, not just for me but other people looking for an MMO to start fresh in.

Comments

• LeviothanLeviothan Member Posts: 3

I like how I cancel the poll and it still put it....

• dippitydodahdippitydodah Member Posts: 130

I'd say out of the two games Eq2 has more to offer in terms of content and character custimization.   I did try the trial for Lotro and the beta and it does have it's charm too.

Neither game really held my attention for long, but EQ2 was good for a month or so.

• junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

Personnaly I say LOTRO, it is lacking  content at end game but thatll be addressed evuntualy (like you said it's new) and has PLENTY of content pre end game (leveling, deeds, crafting, music, etc) and as long as you don't rush to cap level you'll find plenty to do months and months and months worth. Also once again it is new so there's not a huge gap yet between high end players and ones just starting and it's rather easy to get a group (some say it's not but when I did play I got a group always no problem even on off times like at 3 am). Just make sure if you do play to start a server with a good population like Brandywine.

Also I still have my trial key so if you want that you can get 14 days of play instead of only 7.

• PaulehPauleh Member UncommonPosts: 78

More to do with EQ2 also plenty of content with expansions and pvp