Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any chance of guild houses

EndorinEndorin Member Posts: 40

It would be a definite + if they would consider giving the guilds a place to hang out. That way u always get to know your guild members a whole lot better, and it makes a feeling of comfort somehow

Comments

• kenoxitkenoxit Member Posts: 29

Hi Endorin,

Guild or player housing aren't things that have been stated by the devs so far. They are planning to include more social related stuff (more emotes, improve clan system -which so far in the beta was "lacking" at most-, etc). Anyway, housing? Who knows. Not anytime soon, most likely.

• YuberekYuberek Member Posts: 205

I remember watching an old video from the "old Tabula Rasa" gameplay where they said:

"Our game will include housing, we know how important that is for players"

WoW, the game really took a 360 degree spin.

Well, in "old Tabula Rasa" you also had "space bards". So, yes, things have changed a lot until this final incarnation :)

They're clearly (or mostly) targeting the casual player: short game sessions, "instant fun", etc. And, so far, if you look this game with that perspective, they've pretty much succeeded. This is just not a game for the heavy social or roleplay players, though. Or so far, it doesn't seem it's what it wants to be. Which is pretty good for me as a change from the jaded MMORPG world right now.

• EndorinEndorin Member Posts: 40

Ye, now that u mention it, they did say something about player housing. I totally forgot about that.....

But then again, developers always change their mind along the way

Thanx for refreshening my memory ;)

You're welcome :)

Anyway, are you sure there was some dev posting about player housing? TBH all I recall is a post by some beta player asking for that.

Just read this, and it made me a bit disapointed since it was planed from the start...

"Tabula Rasa has changed considerably during development, including revision of the original vision. Vehicles, space combat and player housing won't be included, and only humans will be playable at launch"

Oh, well. Don't be that much disappointed anyway. There will be in fact vehicles in game, in what TR calls "Elder Game" (end game, in fact). Check this:

www.rgtr.com/community/community_news/elder_game.html

So, who knows? Maybe some kind of housing will be implemented eventyally :)

• ConfettiConfetti Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by Endorin

Just read this, and it made me a bit disapointed since it was planed from the start...
    "Tabula Rasa has changed considerably during development, including revision of the original vision. Vehicles, space combat and player housing won't be included, and only humans will be playable at launch"

Don't rely on old news. All closed beta recruits recieved an email a few days ago stating what was coming up in the next few major patches. I actually copy and pasted the email in another thread. But anyway, it states that vehicles and a new race are coming as soon as we know it. There wasn't anything about player housing, but obviously things are changing. Just hope.

Yeh, one can only hope

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

Hmm i seen a video about player housing in it a while ago it was a instanced area with a house on a chunk of land hell there is even stuff about it on the net i found this when i was reading up about it earlyer

Housing in Tabula Rasa

Player estates are granted to players from the moment they log on. Estates, like adventures areas and everywhere else in the game that's not a Hub, are "instanced".

Players also receive a monthly stipend that they can use to decorate their homes, buy craft materials, create furniture and draperies, and set up their own inviting social spaces. You don't ever have to go on an adventure if all you want to do is create a virtual watering hole.

The video i seen had Garriot talking about it himself so was it just removed ?

That must be a very old video :)

If housing ever happens in TR it probably won't be anything like it's mentioned there.