Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should i give SB a try?

Glam.IndieGlam.Indie Member Posts: 56

should i give SB a try?

are here any people who still play this game? are there any bad things i should know about SB?

Comments

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

If you're a hardcore pvper, and don't get much into the pve aspect of these kind of games, then SB might be up your alley.

•  

Don't bother getting into this game - it sucks big time. Every aspect blows.

Ever had anything stolen out of your backpack that you worked for hours to get  as you're PUTTING it in the bank?

How bout getting ganked again and again.

How bout not being able to solo...ever.

how bout graphics that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.

There's a reason only 500 people play this game bro it's because that's the population of ghay retards in the US.

Originally posted by iflost

Don't bother getting into this game - it sucks big time. Every aspect blows.
    Ever had anything stolen out of your backpack that you worked for hours to get  as you're PUTTING it in the bank?
    How bout getting ganked again and again.
    How bout not being able to solo...ever.
    how bout graphics that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.
    There's a reason only 500 people play this game bro it's because that's the population of ghay retards in the US.

And this my friends, is an OPINION. A very biased one at that. Shadowbane came out back in 2003, what do you expect of the graphics? Also like I said earlier, this is a HARDCORE PVP MMO. If you were expecting a wow-like quest system, or being able to "Solo" you are in the wrong place. The people who play this game like the fact that danger lurks around every corner, i.e what you refer to as "ganking", is an integral part of the hardcore atmosphere of the game. If you like to casually traipse through a world without fear of being attacked, or enjoy "soloing" lots of fedex quests, than go play wow or one of its many clones. This game is not for the casual, it is for those who enjoy capturing and controlling cities for their guild/alliance, with massive city sieges being the focal point of the game. 

An opinion is an opinion, and should be taken as such. For cryin' out loud the game is free to download and play, so try it out for yourself, instead of taking the advice of somone who is suspiciously excited/hateful about a game he probably hasn't even played for long enough, if at all, as set in stone. Don't you think it was a little over the top to call those who play SB "ghay retards"? Dude can't even spell gay correctly.

• Originally posted by Glam.Indie

should i give SB a try?
    are here any people who still play this game? are there any bad things i should know about SB?

Hey boots

I've put here the OP so you can read it slowly out loud to yourself. (If you need help with the big words get mommy's help). As stated he wanted to know about the bad things...that's what I told him...the bad things. None of the things i mentioned are 'Opinions', they are all facts. You can't solo, you get gacked,  and loot is stolen out of your bag.

the Opinion is that it sucks...

You just keep playing your free game with it's ever dwindling losers. Frankly I'm glad that you do, that way i won't have to deal with you morons in other games.

Ohh and to the OP - you get what you pay for bro but i'm sure whatever decision you make will be the one best for you. Good luck.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Here's the deal. If you like pve..go play something else. If you don't want to bother getting a guild...you should go play something else. If you want to be able to log in, level really fast and kill people, participate in seiges, or just track people down to gank..give it a shot.

BTW shadowbane is free to play now, so worst case scenario you waste a day or two.

SB is cool as long as you get into a guild fairly quickly. You can usually find one on the ubisoft shadowbane boards. I'd only play on vindication or wrath, the other servers are dead.

Hope that helps.

D.

p.s. who cares if you lose items, everything is super easy to get except for runes. You can get ganked for like, 200k in cash and not really care, you can make it back quickly once you get past like, R4. (which only takes a few hours. The vets can do 1-70 in a couple days.)

• Subgenius666Subgenius666 Member Posts: 55

I recently tried this game since it went free...

i did not enjoy it at all... plain and simple... and i do love hardcore pvp ...

• VadenVaden Member UncommonPosts: 145

haha.. u had to pay for it? thats new.. u kan get that free in any MMO+ some.. how odd. I never played SB, probably never will.. but i didnt know you had to pay for it. glad they made it free them.. mm. strange.

Games I've Played: SilkRoad, Flyff, NeoCron, PlanetSide, Rapplez, UpshiftRacer, Drift City, TB, Kwonho, ArchLord, AoA, Exteel, WolfTeam, Shaiyan, WoKF, FFXIV, STO, KoTR, ESO, Defiance, Mabinogi

Games I'm Playing: Warframe/STO

Games I'm Pondering: The Secret World

• DomestoDomesto Member Posts: 110

The truth is that you will spend most of your time PvEing and it will be the most boring PvE you have ever experienced. Don't even waste your time with this game. It's dead.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by Domesto

The truth is that you will spend most of your time PvEing and it will be the most boring PvE you have ever experienced. Don't even waste your time with this game. It's dead.
    that is not true at all. You can max out a character in a few days.

And there is still plenty of people playing it.

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

if you like PvP, and you don't mind some ugly graphics. then go for it. Its got some neat classes, if you are a PvE fan though then you will be wasting your time after the first few hours.

Originally posted by iflost

Originally posted by Glam.Indie

should i give SB a try?

Hey boots

I've put here the OP so you can read it slowly out loud to yourself. (If you need help with the big words get mommy's help). As stated he wanted to know about the bad things...that's what I told him...the bad things. None of the things i mentioned are 'Opinions', they are all facts. You can't solo, you get gacked,  and loot is stolen out of your bag.

the Opinion is that it sucks...

You just keep playing your free game with it's ever dwindling losers. Frankly I'm glad that you do, that way i won't have to deal with you morons in other games.

Ohh and to the OP - you get what you pay for bro but i'm sure whatever decision you make will be the one best for you. Good luck.

You just proved your maturity level iflost, by calling me names, and calling SB players losers and morons. My last statement still stands, that you are not a credible source, as you do not even enjoy this style of mmo. IT IS A FACT, that you can be pickpocketed and pked by other players, but as I stated earlier, this is the hardcore nature of the game, and is part of the gameplay, and everyone who enjoys this game knows it. Generally stating "The Opinion is that it Sucks", is not a fact, nor is it a consensus of mmo players,it is indeed YOUR OPINION, and your opinion only. I understand english just fine, as I am a writer, but never before have I come across the word "gacked". Is this your own invented word, or is it you who needs their mommy to read for them? The proper term I believe, is ganked. Taking your opinion and trying to force it onto others as fact is, in turn, the pinnacle of ignorance my friend. It is fine to state your opinion, as that is the point of a forum. But to champion it as fact, and bash others who enjoy what you are so obviously biased against, is just wrong.

Originally posted by Domesto

Like I said before (seems like no one is listening), there is little to no pve, and what there is, goes by pretty fast. You level pretty quickly in this game, so you can get to the meat faster (pvp, sieges). PVe is pretty much over once you get to this point. I don't know how boring going from lvl1-20 in a couple hours is though. Once again, this game is mostly focused on player run town sieges, and pvp. The pve portion is just there to level you, and is pretty much an afterthought, as it is not a main focus. This game is what it is. Either you love it or hate it. One more time: Anyone looking for an in depth quest system, instanced dungeons, etc., should definately look elsewhere. Anyone looking for a hardcore pvp system, large scale sieges, and a ruthless free-for-all world, then look no further.

• DomestoDomesto Member Posts: 110

Lies, unless you find someone that will just give you mass gold you will spend most of your time PvEing and being prey.