Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why most new MMOs suck

123457»

Comments

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by DarknesFalls

The problem today is that very few genera's of games can attract enough of a user base to be worth making, fantasy, Asian/Martial Arts and Sci-Fi. There are already enough fantasy and martial arts MMO's out there but I'm still waiting for a good, free Sci-Fi MMO.

"good, free Sci-Fi MMO."  Why does it have to be free?  These people that spend years developing their game are not good enough for some of your money?  These games are not free to develop or maintain.  These people don't work for free. 

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649
    Originally posted by Shannia

Originally posted by Ginkeq

Originally posted by MR-Bubbles

So basically the OP wants a game like WoW with no Quests No story No point just Endless grinding with maybee some PvP at the end.

I think id rather stick with a MMO with a point thank you very much like EvE.
    True its not for everyoone but it has a lot of content to it.

Who cares about the story?  Does WoW have a story? No.  It's much too shallow a game to have any kind of story.  You are never immersed in the story.  You simply do quests for exp, no one reads them.  Blizzard can say that their new expanion is going to have a grizzly bear god and people wouldn't know that it didn't go along with their storyline.

I want a game where the community makes it fun.  Not where you depend on developers to make up dumb quests that no one enjoys. 

Like EVE has a point other than to waste your time, lol.

Are you kidding me?  WoW doesn't have a story?  Obviously you need to go buy the game, reinstall, and look around.  The story and lore is all around, you just have to open your eyes and look for it.  Don't go bashing a game and spreading lies like this.  One of the strong points to WoW is where they hid the story in the game.  You have to look for it along the way, but it has always been there from level 1 to 60.  If all you do is rush to 70, then yep, I'm sorry, you missed the story.  Slow down and enjoy the game.  Look around and look for the story.

He wont change his mind you know aas far as he is concerned his game is the best there is and everyone else who disagrees is wrong. I advise you just agree to disagree because any other mindset will just accomplish nothing really.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

i think that the problem with new MMos come down to these!

1. Times are changing and instead of inventing new stuff they are biting what other games did.

2. People need to be captivated now. The same old stuff doesnt work for us anymore! We need cinamatics. Greatly written storylines. innovative combat and noncombat things to do.

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649
    Originally posted by jadan2000

i think that the problem with new MMos come down to these!
    1. Times are changing and instead of inventing new stuff they are biting what other games did.
    2. People need to be captivated now. The same old stuff doesnt work for us anymore! We need cinamatics. Greatly written storylines. innovative combat and noncombat things to do.

Yea i agree its a mix of everyone following the formulla of the safest game model [the one thats got the best track record of succeding]. And the fact that people want instant gratification i.e. kill 10 rats to get a level.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• GinkeqGinkeq Member Posts: 615

Originally posted by MChavez

Originally posted by Ginkeq

Originally posted by MR-Bubbles

So basically the OP wants a game like WoW with no Quests No story No point just Endless grinding with maybee some PvP at the end.

I think id rather stick with a MMO with a point thank you very much like EvE.
    True its not for everyoone but it has a lot of content to it.

Who cares about the story?  Does WoW have a story? No.  It's much too shallow a game to have any kind of story.  You are never immersed in the story.  You simply do quests for exp, no one reads them.  Blizzard can say that their new expanion is going to have a grizzly bear god and people wouldn't know that it didn't go along with their storyline.

I want a game where the community makes it fun.  Not where you depend on developers to make up dumb quests that no one enjoys. 

Like EVE has a point other than to waste your time, lol.

Are you kidding me?  WoW doesn't have a story?  Obviously you need to go buy the game, reinstall, and look around.  The story and lore is all around, you just have to open your eyes and look for it.  Don't go bashing a game and spreading lies like this.  One of the strong points to WoW is where they hid the story in the game.  You have to look for it along the way, but it has always been there from level 1 to 60.  If all you do is rush to 70, then yep, I'm sorry, you missed the story.  Slow down and enjoy the game.  Look around and look for the story.

LOL. Yeah, to say WoW has no story is just....baffling. Guess this person has never heard of the Warcraft RTS games either! In fact, there is too much story. Too many plot twists and too much of Blizzard changing the lore whenever the need arises. I haven't played the game in a couple of years but to not notice a story in the game is just....weird. Don't these people read?

Yeah, the WoW story was really engaging wasn't it?  Here is the story to WoW: You level to 70 and do battlegrounds all day but aren't aware of the story.  The quests dont have anything to do with the story, but are just random run-around missions.

• avediasavedias Member Posts: 118

Quests are fun depending on the quest...If it's a quest that actually involves a good storyline then I love doing it. If its some crappy quest to kill 20 of this monster then 50 of the other monster then 300 of another, screw those. If anything it just promotes the whole grinding aspect of MMOs which is actually the part of the games that I hate. If you enjoy sitting in one spot and killing the same monsters over and over again then more power to you, but I'd take questing over that anyday.

• DarknesFallsDarknesFalls Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by DarknesFalls

The problem today is that very few genera's of games can attract enough of a user base to be worth making, fantasy, Asian/Martial Arts and Sci-Fi. There are already enough fantasy and martial arts MMO's out there but I'm still waiting for a good, free Sci-Fi MMO.

"good, free Sci-Fi MMO."  Why does it have to be free?  These people that spend years developing their game are not good enough for some of your money?  These games are not free to develop or maintain.  These people don't work for free. 

Until someone spends years developing one worth it then yes, an untold number of Sci-Fi games have good concepts but have been developed in a bad direction, Eve is just lame and Entropia's developers got greedy with there real economy trading system.