Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cant get trial to work!

ok, i decided to check out SWG, got the trail, installed it dident work said the code chould not be consumed or somthing like that. i fixed that problem by useing the station launcher, then i get near the end it says two files cant be installed, tryed launching it from the normal one. worked scanned, downloaded, wont update so i cant play. can ANYONE help?

breaking news, a brawl broke out between the hogger and arthas the lich king downtown gadgetzan. there where no survivers

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

If you're using Vista, you'll need to right click your SWG shortcut and click "Run as Admin".

• DracisDracis Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by Obraik

If you're using Vista, you'll need to right click your SWG shortcut and click "Run as Admin".

Also run as compatible with Windows XP SP2 as well. There is a complete FAQ on how to run SWG with Vista on the official SWG forums.

No need to run in compatibility mode, just the Admin thing will be enough.

Originally posted by Obraik

No need to run in compatibility mode, just the Admin thing will be enough.

Obraik, I had to on my Vista computer. SWG didn't run very well, (ie crashes and such) until I did that. That's the computer I won here on the site though, which I admit is not the best computer for Vista.

Odd, on my Vista install when I had the SWG folder in the Program Files directory the only thing I had to do was use that Admin option.  I then moved my SWG folder out of of the Program Files directory to avoid having to do that (Vista is protective of the Program Files folder).  It runs fine like that, but my PC isn't the best for Vista (only a single core processor) so I don't really use it for SWG.

Ok, I didn't know about removing the SWG folder from the Program Files directory. That's where my problem was.