Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of help Looking for a game easy to make money with good crafting

junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

I'm looking for a MMO where I don't have to level all day.

What I'm looking for is an MMO where I can get a mid level and make cash all day if I choose. Like in WoW I had 600g at level 35 and in MYKO before it went down I had 100m at level 32.

Just want a game where I can make money if I wish instead of leveling.

Games I have already tried/my dislikes about them:

WoW  - I didn't like the cartoonish graphics or the raiding

Guild wars - To much instancing not PvE centered enough

Knight online - MYKO went down USKO filled with cheaters etc

Last Chaos - Just wasnt for me plain and simple

Runescape -- It's runescape need I say more?

Eve online - Was good in general but just not into futuristic MMO's prefer medevial

LOTRO - Not enough ways to make cash without having to be a high level

Tibia - Only real good way of making money and crafting was reduced with soul points so only way left is loot bagging which requires you to grind

Also doesn't matter it F2P or P2P but if it is P2P would prefer if it has a free trial.

Comments

• QazeQaze Member Posts: 247

If you can live with the horrible graphics try runescape.

EDIT: Also, try EVE online.

Qaze - Atheist, Nihilist, Sadist.
    WinRAR.rar
    Mudkip Video

image Xfire= Qaze3000 - Add me if you're not a total retard.

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

Sounds like EVE Online would be the perfect game for you.  Character improvements (skills, not levels) are all calculated via real-life time; instead of killing pirates or mining ore to improve your skills, you select a skill and let it train.  Skills can take anywhere from 15 minutes to multiple months to finish training.

When you're out killing and mining, it serves two purposes: first, ISK.  You kill pirates, haul ore, etc and you earn money.  Secondly, by performing tasks for Agents, you earn standing with corperations and races.  And yes, it has a 14 day trial!

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

Tried em both just forgot to put them on my list hehe

Thanks for the suggestions though

Edit for Taera:

The reason I didn't like Eve is I'm into medevial perefably european based games (not made there just that setting)

Try Vanguard yet?  I knew plenty of crafters who had multiple characters with max plat and none of their characters were over level 10 in adventuring :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

No I havn't and I love to but from my understanding it doesn't have a free trial

I'm a huge try before you buy on MMOs

I know they used to have a buddy invite program; I'm not sure if that's still current, and I can't find any information about it on their site.

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

I heard about it too to my knowldge it is. But back when LOTRO was new it took me over 2 months to get a key and I don't wanna redo that whole experience

Which reminds me forgot to put LOTRO on that list.

I honestly don't care about cap level or endgame content also I don't mind alot of grinding as long as it's not all there is to do is grind/level. I didn't like LOTRO's deed system etc which everyone told me was so fun to do I found I prefer making money.

So alot of grind is ok as long after grinding one or two levels I can take a 2 +week break from it and do crafting or something else to make money.

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

once again can't play wow for the cartoonish graphic!!!

{ Mod Edit }

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.

Originally posted by Anzie

once again can't play wow for the cartoonish graphic!!!

{ Mod Edit }

Uhmm ok?

I don't like the cartoonish graphics at all which would be livable with but raids make me wanna bash my head against walls

Comeon someone must know a game

I'm thinking of giving EVE a retry and trying to overcome my dislike of futuristic sci-fi mmo's.

If only there was a medevial game more like EVE (of course everything adapted to be medevial)

Edit:

Made a free trial and already quit I just aint into sci-fi MMO's

Still looking for a good game suggestion!

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

For crafting Vanguard.

Hmmm Ryzom also has alot of people mentioning crafting allot never crafted in the game so can't give you details. But crafting in Vanguard was kinda cool and totally diffrent.

For Vanguard they are supposed to be working on a Trial Island like in EQ2.

I would suggest you go play Ryzom and give that a try least you can try it for free :)

From looking at Ryzom's website it doesn't look like it's for me....if I can't find any other I'll try it out but yea I really want to try Vanguard I've heard alot of bad things about it but it seems most of them are from trolls just using it's launch and the game now is rather decent.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by junerian

So basically you want to make money in games easy? Every game gives you the opportunity to make money in game from either crafting or from selling items.

Why are you more interested in making money in a game then game play or features? That would be boring to me and a waste of time and money. What do you want to do with all that in game currency, sell it for real life cash?

Your best bet is either UO or EQ2 for crafting to make money from it quick and easy. Or you can try EVE.

Originally posted by bezado

Originally posted by junerian

So basically you want to make money in games easy? Every game gives you the opportunity to make money in game from either crafting or from selling items.

Why are you more interested in making money in a game then game play or features? That would be boring to me and a waste of time and money. What do you want to do with all that in game currency, sell it for real life cash?

Your best bet is either UO or EQ2 for crafting to make money from it quick and easy. Or you can try EVE.

Sorry but bad gameplay would=unpopular=couldnt sell the money for RL cash so no that is not my intent.

As you can see from this forum my posts besides my main one (and in my OP you can see my dislikes about other games) that yes graphics and gameplay do matter to an extent. Also I said I don't mind grinding as long as it can be followed up by a money making activity and also I said I don't mind end game.

Why do I like making money in an MMO? it's fun to me plain and simple and why subscribe to an MMO? have fun

UO my old RL friend use to play....I never did look into it does it have a free trial? EQ2 is on my list to try if all else fails.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Well yes UO is still fun but coming into the game this late could be a bit unsettling for a player who might not like 2d above graphics, however; they just updated to 3d look but still.

In UO I had over 5million and in EQ2 over 400 plat. In every game I played I was able to sustain and gather large funds. So my question was to see why it matters making money anyway since every game you can pretty much get a ton of in game currency if you work at it.

I don't think out of the 15 major titles I played that I ever had trouble with in game funds. In WOW I had over 8000 gold before I quit. I played my normal hours like normal people who worked and still managed better then most. Making in game currency comes easy to me once I figure out the market and needs.

Well most MMOs require you to get cap level or close to it to get gold good and alot of them require grinding for that also i want an MMO where I can take 1 or 2 levels then farm some gold for like 2 weeks then take 1 or 2 more levels and repeat starting at a fairly low level (at least 1/2 cap level)

• SteakpuncherSteakpuncher Member Posts: 255

With Vanguard you can level your crafting and make your money without ever leaving town if you wanted. You can do work orders for NPC's (basically they give you the materials and plans to make an item, you make the number they request and get paid for it + some bonus items)

In terms of making items players will use, if you get some harvesting friends to act as suppliers you can buy their goods from them and make your items that way as well.I didn't really get involved in the crafting/harvesting side of Vanguard other than trying them out of curiosity to see if I liked them or not, but it is very in depth and takes as much effort to level as "adventuring" does.

The only thing I will say, and many people will repeat this as well is that you need a very good computer to play the game as it is very graphics heavy at the moment. If you don't have a good computer, then you may want to wait till update 3, when they are starting the optimizaions to actors as well as sorting out a "free trial" for the game as well.

Originally posted by Atomicide

With Vanguard you can level your crafting and make your money without ever leaving town if you wanted. You can do work orders for NPC's (basically they give you the materials and plans to make an item, you make the number they request and get paid for it + some bonus items)
    In terms of making items players will use, if you get some harvesting friends to act as suppliers you can buy their goods from them and make your items that way as well.I didn't really get involved in the crafting/harvesting side of Vanguard other than trying them out of curiosity to see if I liked them or not, but it is very in depth and takes as much effort to level as "adventuring" does.
    The only thing I will say, and many people will repeat this as well is that you need a very good computer to play the game as it is very graphics heavy at the moment. If you don't have a good computer, then you may want to wait till update 3, when they are starting the optimizaions to actors as well as sorting out a "free trial" for the game as well.

That sounds perfect for me!!!!!

Ok I have an AMD 4400+ dual core with a 7400 geforce 7 with 512 MB of vid ram and 2 gb of system ram that should be able to handle it right?

• KassiahKassiah Member Posts: 70

PM me if you'd like a 10-day trial buddy key for Vanguard :)

Originally posted by Kassiah

PM me if you'd like a 10-day trial buddy key for Vanguard :)

PM'ed you thanks!!!