Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

23 million SP EVE player seeking corp.

chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

First of all I have to say I am surprised because I was posting in the recruitment channel all last night and I got no response.  Are corps scared of recruiting a 23m SP player?  

Anyway since I am on mporg most nights I thought I would try this route. 

* Basically I am seeking a medium (50 person) or larger corp.

* I have maxed out Ice mining but ultimately I want PvP now (Happy to contribute to mining session).  Anti Pirate would be beneficial

* All time zones if there are enough active players or EU based. 

* Above all a mature group of players who are happy to leave corp members alone to do there own thing and also not moan for help every single night.  Seen that before.

*  Mature combat.  E.g. proper hunting pack or organised defence.

* TS or Vent

* English speaking because I don't speak anything else.

Its a female character because my wife started her but unfortunately she has been abandoned so I have taken over.  

Bit about me.  Based in the UK (expat), mostly play Monday / Tuesday nights and weekends.  Mature player and really easy going and I don't want to take over the corp or have a large role.  I want to participate with corp mates and assist where possible. 

Anyone?  Otherwise its back to the recruitment channel and the spam

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

First of all, most corporations worth their salt don't use the recruitment channel.  You'll have much better luck if you scan the official recruitment forums over on EVE Online.

myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp

Next, may have to narrow your focus a bit.  You said you want to PVP?  Do you want to be a pirate or work with a 0.0 corp?  Makes a difference on how you approach things.

Also, you said you want a corp that will leave you alone. (not moan for help every night as you said)

That's not what 0.0 corps all about...they are more of a collective, and in my own experience there is an expected level of participation in all of them.  Whether it is in home defense, offensive operations, mining operations or setting down a new POS... you are expected to answer the call when needed. 

My own corp generally runs 1-2 weeks of PVP offensive ops then takes 2 or 3 weeks off where players more or less do their own thing.  But during the PVP week... you are either PVPing with the corp or getting booted out.  And if home defenses occur, you are expected to throw your full resources into the defense...I lost a couple hundred million ISK in our last fight. (small change for some folks I know, but I'm a newer (4 months) player)

But some corps have strong industrial arms, and if you are of that mindset, consider joining AWECO...a good bunch of folks, strong EU presence, and a strong industrial arm. (as well as active PVP)

www.a-w-e.org/Opportunity_To_Join.htm

BTW, I was a trainee for AWECO, but joined up with a Steath Corp instead as it was a road not well covered by AWE. 

Good luck in your search... finding the right Corp makes all the difference in your EVE experience.  I'd ask you to consider mine, but we're mostly US West coast and have few Euro members. (and we only have about 25 actives atm)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

Thanks for replying Kyleran.  Don't get me wrong about the asking for help moaning thing.  Just had a bad experience with irresponsible players who would take on more than they could handle or walk into a stupid trap (even when I said, 'guys its a fking trap') then they would moan about losing their ship and beg for Isk for the next 2 weeks.  As far as it goes with answering the call I am the first person in the fray but I want to find a group of players that are smart about it as well. 

Kinda answers the question what I want as well.  I dont want to be a pirate I would prefer to kill them.  However I am looking for PvP in low sec that has a purpose.  Defending a POS, hunting down a pilot who killed a corp mate, attacking enemy POS etc. 

I salute you on your choice to boot players who don't help.  I have been in a pure industrial corp with 55 players.  A merc corp with 10 players declared us and all bar me and another player tried to fight it out while the other 40 active members sat in stations because they didn't want to lose their fking Caracal.  I mean seriously! 

I don't want to be there again.

Thanks for the links as well, really appreciate it.  If you don't mind I will check out your corp info.   I seem to join more USA corps in all games, probably just chance.

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by chryses

Its a female character because my wife started her but unfortunately she has been abandoned so I have taken over. 

Heh.  Riiiiight   We all have female characters whether an alt or main.  I'll admit... when the new chars came out quite a while back I sat there for an hour or more trying to make the hottest female character I could

On topic:  I help run a 20 man, US based pirate corp so I cant really help ya there.  Maybe we will end up shooting each other sometime though

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Greetings...

I noticed you said this is your wife's old character.  What about yours? Is this your only character/account in EVE or is this an alt?

If this is a main and not an alt please contact me in game or join channel SGHQ-Public and we'll see if you and SGHQ are a fit for one another.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell