Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if going to try flyff read here!

glockmasterglockmaster Member Posts: 147

Hi, i played flyff for around 1 month and im going to tell you what it felt like.

Okay so some people look at this game and think oh itsjust another cartoon mmo , but what they really dont know is that its so much more than that.

This game has so much to offer but so very little chance to do it all , now at first i started to kill wombats i tried them for a while then i went onto something else i forgot what they are called lol

but this game is so hard to lvl its so unbeleivable  now i got to say lvl 24 25 in the month i played it but then again i did only train for 1 - 2 hours a day then i went on too quests and everything, but were not here to talk about me were here to talk about the game so lets carry on.

the best bit about flyff is the pvp or the dueling it was really fun once you got to lvl 20 or 25 and i advise you to atleast get to lvl 20 before you try it then u have something else to look forward too and not just the flying.

Okay i don't know why this game is caleld flyff because you have to get too lvl 20 to even get the started board or broom wich i think is pretty good because then your acctually working for something but when you get too it its totally awesome fopr exploring i found this little village with lvl 20 and 21 pumpkin people in it i killed them thats how i got too lvl 25 now back too flying.

you can also attack the flying things whilst you are flying but i found it extremeley hard to do because i didnt know how but nyways its a great game and everyone should try it its totally free too !!! 

yours sincereley ,

Glockmaster

Comments

• RZetlinRZetlin Member UncommonPosts: 134

but this game is so hard to lvl its so unbeleivable now i got to say lvl 24 25 in the month i played it but then again i did only train for 1 - 2 hours a day then i went on too quests and everything, but were not here to talk about me were here to talk about the game so lets carry on.

If you want to level fast I highly recommend partying up with someone.

My Assist paired up with a Merc that was 10 levels higher than me and I had him kill monsters that was at his level. I was gaining more than 1% per kill.

I was able to level up in less than one hour.

• FahrenheitTHFahrenheitTH Member Posts: 130

If you think it's hard to level on Flyff, then how hard is it for you on Maplestory? As said, it's not very hard to level if you're in parties, especially "advanced contribution" ones if you're a fighting class. Assists and FS types will still get many XP of course, due to their high-level partners.

• GenisSage24GenisSage24 Member Posts: 3

It's true you can level up in FlyFF DESCENTLY faster, but it's more fun in maplestory.. THE COMBAT SYSTEM IN FLYFF IS A JOKE! A COMPLETE JOKE! When you use a skill as a mercenary, you stare at the monster for 2 seconds THEN do it, where in maplestory you can set it to any key you want and it activates instantly. And you don't have to be by a monster to preform a skill. And to add on this, you have to walk 20 minutes from Flarine to your training spot, where in Maple, it won't take more then 5 minutes to walk from Ludi to Grims.

Now to say a GOOD thing about FlyFF, the PvP system is flawless. That's 1 thing that it has over Maple. But other then that, this game is no better then a flash game.

In conclusion, don't go flaming off your mouth about other games you don't have good experience in.

Dunno wut to put here, i'll update it later. =]

• GenisSage24GenisSage24 Member Posts: 3

And I was too lazy to quote him, so plz don't flame about that. =] just regard that message to the person above.

Dunno wut to put here, i'll update it later. =]

• CrimsonSkullCrimsonSkull Member Posts: 36

I'm thinking of trying out Flyff now because i got a new graphics card for my computer but I'm not sure how much space it takes on the hard drive, i havnt got much space to work with, so if its too big i cant play, anybody know how big it is?

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by GenisSage24

It's true you can level up in FlyFF DESCENTLY faster, but it's more fun in maplestory.. THE COMBAT SYSTEM IN FLYFF IS A JOKE! A COMPLETE JOKE! When you use a skill as a mercenary, you stare at the monster for 2 seconds THEN do it, where in maplestory you can set it to any key you want and it activates instantly. And you don't have to be by a monster to preform a skill. And to add on this, you have to walk 20 minutes from Flarine to your training spot, where in Maple, it won't take more then 5 minutes to walk from Ludi to Grims.
    Now to say a GOOD thing about FlyFF, the PvP system is flawless. That's 1 thing that it has over Maple. But other then that, this game is no better then a flash game.
    In conclusion, don't go flaming off your mouth about other games you don't have good experience in.

I don't believe you.

• SpiderlegsSpiderlegs Member Posts: 25

you can do alot worst than flyff when it comes to mmo's, its is a very fun game till lvl 70s then theres nothing left to do,but lots of mmo die at some point. game is not complex char builds is easy, lots of grinding some may find to much. as for lvling it gets slow at lvl 50s, it helps if you know your 2nd job build before you start so you can build stats that helps lvling at low lvls. but its a good starting point ironic thing is it still graphicaly better than games released today flyff has been about since 2004 (closed beta)

biggest issue there money making tactics they dont care about current and long term players. even there GMS resign , good look on forums and see the current GMs that walked. this is why hi lvls slam this game nowdays (but what kept them there for so long) all thats left to say , ENJOY YOUR GAME M8 , Flyff is addictive but do try other games 2.

oh crimson , current installed C:/flyff is 1.40gig (not includeing dowloaded zip/exe)

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by Spiderlegs

you can do alot worst than flyff when it comes to mmo's, its is a very fun game till lvl 70s then theres nothing left to do,but lots of mmo die at some point. game is not complex char builds is easy, lots of grinding some may find to much. as for lvling it gets slow at lvl 50s, it helps if you know your 2nd job build before you start so you can build stats that helps lvling at low lvls. but its a good starting point ironic thing is it still graphicaly better than games released today flyff has been about since 2004 (closed beta)
    biggest issue there money making tactics they dont care about current and long term players. even there GMS resign , good look on forums and see the current GMs that walked. this is why hi lvls slam this game nowdays (but what kept them there for so long) all thats left to say , ENJOY YOUR GAME M8 , Flyff is addictive but do try other games 2.

oh crimson , current installed C:/flyff is 1.40gig (not includeing dowloaded zip/exe)

Agreed. Flyff is not a bad game... it's probably the best a grind fest could get, and why grind anywhere else when this one is the best at it?

• EnchuuEnchuu Member Posts: 2

Was bored of this within 10 days, flying is quite fun at first but ends up being very dull after a while.

The quests are almost identical except with bigger baddies, translations are moderate to poor and the PVP was horrific. The arena is far too small to accomodate all the players.

In short a fun little game for a few days but ive never been fond of grinding and with nothing else to do but grind this game bored me

• OlsonatorOlsonator Member Posts: 61

This was a fun game I haven't played it in a while though. But it was fun when my friend was able to play as well just when he had troubles getting in which they still never told him how to fix it I just lost interest in it. but yeah lvling is easier if you hav ea massive advanced party you get more exp then just a regular party. Plus the leader can put bonuses for either making you do more dmg ot enemies he is attacking or they can drop rarer items a lost fast. Very good system I still do have alot of respect for this game. Though you may not see me online any more.

• MechaShadow2MechaShadow2 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by glockmaster

Hi, i played flyff for around 1 month and im going to tell you what it felt like.
    Okay so some people look at this game and think oh itsjust another cartoon mmo , but what they really dont know is that its so much more than that.
    This game has so much to offer but so very little chance to do it all , now at first i started to kill wombats i tried them for a while then i went onto something else i forgot what they are called lol
    but this game is so hard to lvl its so unbeleivable  now i got to say lvl 24 25 in the month i played it but then again i did only train for 1 - 2 hours a day then i went on too quests and everything, but were not here to talk about me were here to talk about the game so lets carry on.
    the best bit about flyff is the pvp or the dueling it was really fun once you got to lvl 20 or 25 and i advise you to atleast get to lvl 20 before you try it then u have something else to look forward too and not just the flying.
    Okay i don't know why this game is caleld flyff because you have to get too lvl 20 to even get the started board or broom wich i think is pretty good because then your acctually working for something but when you get too it its totally awesome fopr exploring i found this little village with lvl 20 and 21 pumpkin people in it i killed them thats how i got too lvl 25 now back too flying.
    you can also attack the flying things whilst you are flying but i found it extremeley hard to do because i didnt know how but nyways its a great game and everyone should try it its totally free too !!! 
     yours sincereley ,
                                   Glockmaster

It only takes me an hour or so to lvl, and im lvl 38, plus I've been soloing alot lately because my assist friend hasnt been on since i was around lvl 30, so um yeah i dont know why it takes you so long, maby your not going at the right aproach, or should try another class.

• MechaShadow2MechaShadow2 Member Posts: 9

you can put skills in the slots in flyff as well, and it also only takes about 5 min to get from one end of flaris to the other while running, and its a whole lot better than a flash, and ive played flash, heck i still play flash, and when u get to higher lvls in flyff you get some crazy skills.

• ToffanonToffanon Member Posts: 3

RZetlin.....  what lvl r u in?

• WingForceWingForce Member Posts: 8

First of all, I don't know what level you got to, but it isn't easy to level up in FlyFF, I'm a level 40+, And I have various other characters, sure, it may take about 2 seconds to use a skill, but after you play for awhile, it won't be bothering you at all, and it could just be a bad connection to the server, also, it DOES NOT take 20 minutes to get to your training area, that's just pathetic, maybe if your slow and you don't have a board, all my characters have a 200k board so it's fast to get to a certain place, and nobody wants to hear about Maple Story, this forum is FlyFF.  And I don't really like the PvP system in FlyFF cause it can't be done with a party, and also it isn't a certain place, but not being a certain place is a good thing xD.

• HypermiikeHypermiike Member Posts: 21

This game is really fun! I just started today and I'm already addicted.  Tommorow I'm going to get a bunch of my friends to play and party with me!  Can't wait until I reach lvl 20.  Also all the people I met today were really nice and buffed me and tryed to help me level. 

• dynnaldynnal Member Posts: 15

ok for one

those things are called abaits not wombats

and two

its called flyff because it means

fly for fun

and three

its way different now

pvp is in a dif arena where aoers can kill anyone

u dont even have to do the right click ask for pvp

and dueling(pk) is only in one server now

the game is dif now but im just gonna play till florensia comes out

that game looks so fun(1 up from flyff on list)

im on kern-if u wanna contact me my chars name is Kerok

-Dynnal

• GtracerGtracer Member Posts: 32

In my opinion(having played it for a year) flyff is a thumbs DOWN.Why? because let me explain.

I describe it like "milk" yes milk.Good for about a week.then boom its sour and is thrown out why?community is mean at a high level people making fun of each other hacking is everywhere i saw a lvl 5 walk into the PVP area and kill a lvl 40 some its like WTF! its a normal anime game that leaves a bad after taste thats all...

P.S sorry for ruining it lol

I dislike grinding games alot....