Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE GREATNESS OF RUNESCAPE

dafurdafur Member Posts: 1

The reasons why i like R.S.

1. Very social:  When i started playing R.S. every1 would talk to me, even if its not about runescape.  Which makes the boring skills, like fishing, go by alot faster. When i played WOW no one ever talked, it was soo boring and lonely, and i just dont like that.

2.Quests:  The quests on here are so in depth, they all have story lines to them and are slightly complicated.  And there arent like 200 quests, meaning you can go ask random people for help with your quest and they'll know what your talking about.  They're alot of fun too.

3. Items:  I really like the item system on this game because once again, there's not a million of them. So people know what im talking about when i say, "Buying whip 1.6m" and I like that.

4. Map:  I think the map is the perfect size, everything is so convenient, but not so convenient that its too small.

These are all the reasons why you should stop playing games like WOW and such, and start playing a good game like Runescape.

Comments

• aionownsaionowns Member Posts: 175

dude i gotta hand it to you to go from wow to runescape takes skill i could never do it. though i have tried runescape i will never play it again. the click to run i could handle the graphics i couldnt. same with the robotic like fights and movements. i do hand it to the creators of runecape though since the whole game is written in java script. but like i said i will NEVER go back to runescape

• BassiqBassiq Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by aionowns

dude i gotta hand it to you to go from wow to runescape takes skill i could never do it. though i have tried runescape i will never play it again. the click to run i could handle the graphics i couldnt. same with the robotic like fights and movements. i do hand it to the creators of runecape though since the whole game is written in java script. but like i said i will NEVER go back to runescape
    i totally agree with you aionowns

i played rs for like 2 years. i was a member for 2 months but when my funding stopped and my membership ran out the game is really bad. the fights look stupid and so does the monsters. there are a lot of better games in the world than rs so i can recomment it to gamers who are just starting but for more experienced players i advise better games. but thats just my opinion

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

No, the map is too small. It's slightly smaller than most F2P Korean MMOs, which is pathetic since RuneScape makes so much money. I made some calculations and estimated that the total land area is about 1/2 of a square mile.

However, the amount of stuff squeezed into such a small place makes the map seem bigger.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• rpg-playarpg-playa Member Posts: 5

i agree but the scammin n cheatin n  hackin has to come to an end or ppl will switch to anther mmorpg game.

• toastngravytoastngravy Wizard 101 CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by dafur

1. Very social:  When i started playing R.S. every1 would talk to me, even if its not about runescape.  Which makes the boring skills, like fishing, go by alot faster. When i played WOW no one ever talked, it was soo boring and lonely, and i just dont like that.
    " Can i hve gold plz?", "hy cn i hav fre stff?", "lawlz u r a noob",  " grl lokin 4 bf tht is hi lvl" , as examples, do not count as being social, it counts as the community being full of an average age of 8-14 year olds( I personally would very much so like to see the actual statstics of age, i think I have it pretty close).  Moving on, I just can't bring my self to classify it as social, I just don't count idiocy as being social.  It's quite hard to wrap up what i'm trying to say without writing a few pages about it.
    2.Quests:  The quests on here are so in depth, they all have story lines to them and are slightly complicated.  And there arent like 200 quests, meaning you can go ask random people for help with your quest and they'll know what your talking about.  They're alot of fun too.
    Quests, they aren't actually in depth...only the actual multi quest story lines were in depth. That, and there IS easily over 100 quests, and thats counting when I quit years ago, if someone wants to make an account and count be my guest. That and of course they can know what you are talking about, they can just look at their quest thing.
    3. Items:  I really like the item system on this game because once again, there's not a million of them. So people know what im talking about when i say, "Buying whip 1.6m" and I like that.
    Last time I checked, there's only one whip..so...of course they understand what you are saying. Just to add onto that, a lot of games have "snappy lingo" so to speak of certain items, it doesn't make it special.
    4. Map:  I think the map is the perfect size, everything is so convenient, but not so convenient that its too small.
    Like pointed out, it is small, just packed together to make it look big.
    These are all the reasons why you should stop playing games like WOW and such, and start playing a good game like Runescape.
    I

• NazarosNazaros Member Posts: 215

I am a renowned WoW haters and even wrote an essay on it to explain how bad it was for your brain to play such a dumb game. But seriously... To tell people to go back to runescape after playing WoW? wtf... You might as well tell them to go play pac man, or even pong if you're that alergic to quality grahics and modern technology. You can hardly say that runescape is a better game then WoW in any way, shape or form. That's ludicrous.

Now, i believe runescape has done an amazing job for it's category of gaming, which is java browser. No need for downloads, and a good learning curve overall. But to compare it to WoW is just a poor attemp at trolling. I'm a WoW basher and love to do it, but i don't have any amunition to bash WoW when you tell me that Runescape is my weapon.

Give me war hammer or Age of conan at least if you want to start a decent flame war :)

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

• InevitableSilenceInevitableSilence Member UncommonPosts: 82

I think Runescape is a pretty good game. Of course I've never been the one to be picky about graphics as long as the gameplay makes up for it. I would have to agree with the quest part though. Runescape has some pretty good quests (I've finished all but two members quests). I still play every now and then managin my kingdom and selling the resources I get from it. The community is poor. I'm pretty sure as well that its mostly 8-14 year old range. Ive never seen the word 'noob' thrown around so much in a game as RS. I like the fact that they are now focusing on grouping. Though I'm sure I will mostly remain a solo player in the case of RS, its nice to see nonetheless.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

I sort of agree with you except for number 4, they should expand the map. They're already doing that slowly, but they need to do it quicker.

?

• poyenstudentpoyenstudent Member Posts: 1

I have seen the word noob thrown out a whole lot on that game and i havent played it a whole lot. plus it also depends on who you are and wat games you like on weather or not you like it. there are a million reasons on weather you like it or weather you dont, its just  a preference

• DavioDavio Member Posts: 56

You need help.....runescape is the worst game out there.....

SoF Main:Lvl 90 Snowster/Order Sword
    9dragon Main:FC8 Munoo/Wu-tang Sword
    Silkroad Main:Lvl 75 DAGZ/Sword
    Rappelz Main:Lvl 50 Munoo/Kahuna/Jblvl 40

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

Indeed, I like it for all the reasons you stated.

Plus it has FFA PvP and almost full player looting in a zone called the wilderness.

I like it, I enjoyed it for over 4 years. And I still sometimes play the game every now and then.

I've played most of the MMO's out there. WoW, Lotro, CoX, EVE, EQ2, SWG etc etc. Im not gonna say Runescape is THE BEST, but I will say runescape held my interest the longest.

• mine1555mine1555 Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Davio

Okay u can say rs is the worst game out there but in the end it all depends on your taste you realy shouldnt say u need help cuz of some1s personal intrests many people may like rs u cant say they all need help.

Originally posted by mine1555

Originally posted by Davio

Okay u can say rs is the worst game out there but in the end it all depends on your taste you realy shouldnt say u need help cuz of some1s personal intrests many people may like rs u cant say they all need help.

The thing about absolutes is that you shouldn't use them when stating an opinion. And in my opinions, there are much worse games than RS (MapleStory, Ogre Island, and every Korean MMO not developed by NCSoft).

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by GormandY

Indeed, I like it for all the reasons you stated.
    Plus it has FFA PvP and almost full player looting in a zone called the wilderness.
    I like it, I enjoyed it for over 4 years. And I still sometimes play the game every now and then.

I've played most of the MMO's out there. WoW, Lotro, CoX, EVE, EQ2, SWG etc etc. Im not gonna say Runescape is THE BEST, but I will say runescape held my interest the longest.

+1

Every time a new kid comes here to complain about how Runescape is the worst game ever created I can't help but smile...prolly another one scared as hell that "uhh, the graphics are so outdated..." - too bad kids, you're loosing one of the few games that actually can keep your hands full for a long time. I also played most of the free MMOs available (and some P2P too) and I can honestly say very few can come even remotely closed to Runescape regarding the content. Many games pretend to open for you a new realm/wolrd, but Runescpae actually delivers it.

PS: I'd like to see how many of these hype MMOs can hold their players hooked for years as Runescpae does, not to mention a growing community...

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

1. It may be very social, but this game would be better off if everyone would keep their little prepubesant mouths shut.

2. Quests are original, but tedious. 200 isn't enough.

3. My mind is blown.....why would you list the lack of equipment as a good thing? The amount of items in this game is pathetic.

4. World is too small. The map...is a map....

Mmhmm.....right.....I'll switch from a game that has:

A good community.

Plenty of quests to keep me busy. A large amount of them are kill and collection quests(which, for some reason, don't seem that tedious the first few times you level to 70), but a good chunk of them are creative.

Plenty of weapons, armor, and skills to get.

A large world.

To a game that has:

A horrible community

A lack of quests.

A lack of equipment.

And a world fit for a single player game.

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

Runescape has a huge map now. The quest list is also quite long - and these quests actually require time & dedication, they are not the usual stupid tasks you are served in other games as quests. As for equipment...you have normal armors, specialized armors (such as the ranger suits), rare equipment, etc. Maybe not as diverse as in other games, but not class/character restricted and most important, created exactly as the game's mechanics demand - why would you need more? Just to feel "special"? Buy a PHAT...if you can afford it.

I think ppl misjudge this game because their opinions are based on the free version of the game, which is very limited regarding both space and features. The game is VERY DIFFERENT in the P2P version.

This game has a lot to offer besides grinding and pvp (the mini games or treasure hunts alone can keep you busy for weeks). Actually grinding is not the main focus, it may be more profitable to you to become a very good miner, smither, or herbalist instead. And that's the variety of choices most games don't have.

You can call Runescape "ugly", "outdated", whatever, but lacking substance and content? Never! I played that game for years and still some things were left undiscovered...I doubt someone coming fresh in the game can master it in just a few weeks (for instance I had a 98 lvl toon and still some quests were difficult to solve).

Originally posted by dragulea

Runescape has a huge map now. The quest list is also quite long - and these quests actually require time & dedication, they are not the usual stupid tasks you are served in other games as quests. As for equipment...you have normal armors, specialized armors (such as the ranger suits), rare equipment, etc. Maybe not as diverse as in other games, but not class/character restricted and most important, created exactly as the game's mechanics demand - why would you need more? Just to feel "special"? Buy a PHAT...if you can afford it.
    I think ppl misjudge this game because their opinions are based on the free version of the game, which is very limited regarding both space and features. The game is VERY DIFFERENT in the P2P version.
    This game has a lot to offer besides grinding and pvp (the mini games or treasure hunts alone can keep you busy for weeks). Actually grinding is not the main focus, it may be more profitable to you to become a very good miner, smither, or herbalist instead. And that's the variety of choices most games don't have.
    You can call Runescape "ugly", "outdated", whatever, but lacking substance and content? Never! I played that game for years and still some things were left undiscovered...I doubt someone coming fresh in the game can master it in just a few weeks (for instance I had a 98 lvl toon and still some quests were difficult to solve).

Disagree with you about the map, but I definitely agree about the quests. Anyone who says RuneScape's quests aren't good should throw theirselves off a cliff. However, the quest list is too short, IMO.

• Leone1989Leone1989 Member Posts: 6

RUNESCAPE FTW!    WoW FTL!

I dumped wow, it was fucking lame bro, honestly..

i havnt played WoW in years, but dont matter i still play runescape its just more fun, quest are fun, skills can be fun, and those ppl who say all the young kids who ask for stuff or just say something stupid? i got a solution, dont listen to em, almost every game has stupid people you can g and say runescape has the most dumpest ppl,  its not like ur forched to deal with em put em on ur ignore list or just shut public off, not shit there and bitch about you lil WoW playa -.- .. you should feel stupid playing that dumb game..

Leone

• forumziforumzi Member Posts: 3

i like RS 2

you are the best in my life!:)
    welcome to my blog:

• roguetechroguetech Member Posts: 126

Agree with dragulea. Runescape has a huge player base, and considering the graphics, that's trully impressive. Some people say it's because they can draw a global audience, which is only partly true. The number of people who have been playing for years is just fantastic, and most people I know who have played for years have the capability (computer, connection, and money) to play any game they choose.

Have to disagree about the map size, but who wants to wander around forever without seeing anyone, or no value added for the map to keep going and going?? And obviously there's no pvp now.