Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall 'The best mmo ever'

124»

Comments

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by ownedyou1

"It's not a game, It's a world"

Well, that's certainly half-true, at least.

Chris Mattern

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

WAIT A MINUTE.

Why do people say 7 years? If they announced it in 2003, that means they didn't start development till atleast 2004 .... Thats only 3-4 years then.

Wtf?

• Runefruit10Runefruit10 Member Posts: 42

Originally 2001, but they started over in 2003, so technically its only 3-4 years.

Among The Shadows
    http://atsdf.com/

• gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503

Originally posted by Runefruit10

Originally 2001, but they started over in 2003, so technically its only 3-4 years.

I heard they are starting over again, so it will be another 3 or 4 years.

MMORPG Maker

• Xion187Xion187 Member Posts: 141

no there not they got a almost a feature complete game now just now its matter of getting it into beta XD lets see what this year brings for that : /

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

according to ASP's review, they "confidently said the release would be some time soon in 2008"

Im thinking Q2 ? with a beta by the end of this year ...

Or I could be wrong, with a beta by Q2 and the game release by mid 08...

• QuestionableQuestionable Member Posts: 653

Originally posted by GormandY

according to ASP's review, they "confidently said the release would be some time soon in 2008"
    Im thinking Q2 ? with a beta by the end of this year ...
    Or I could be wrong, with a beta by Q2 and the game release by mid 08...

They hope for it to be completely ready by october so I still believe beta before christmas.

• UbberGooberUbberGoober Member Posts: 247

according to ASP's review, they "confidently said the release would be some time soon in 2008"Im thinking Q2 ? with a beta by the end of this year ...Or I could be wrong, with a beta by Q2 and the game release by mid 08...

Asp said 2008 but did not specify which quarter. Beta date is finalized, closed testing will take time 4 months at least + a few weeks  of open beta. The testing will prolly take more then 4 months, even if the game is finished unless they spent a ton of time testing the game pre-beta. If it's the final build all there will be to do is to polish, optimize and fix bugs and test the balance of the game.

• Xion187Xion187 Member Posts: 141

yea i know the reason why last year beta was delayed it was hosting issues for the servers XD so they decided to add more features in and update a bit more and get the serevrs readyf or this year

• UbberGooberUbberGoober Member Posts: 247

yea i know the reason why last year beta was delayed it was hosting issues for the servers XD so they decided to add more features in and update a bit more and get the serevrs ready or this year.

Look at it this way, if the game was released in 2005 (They planned to have the beta in mid 3rd 4th quarter 2004) We would not be getting Naval Combat, racial mounts (Only horse would be avaliable), resource points and Graphical upgrade and a slurry of other things. Granted the game was delayed indefinately, but they mentioned that they did have the backing and resources to include all these things, so they decided to scrap the beta and continue further development.

In late 2006 we had a further delay, they have been busy little bees for the past few years.