Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall 'The best mmo ever'

Comments

• tunabuntunabun Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by ownedyou1

What does 'fanboi' mean (Fan-boy).

I'm not familier with the recent youth lingo these days.
    A fanboi is the more annoying, childish, version of a Fanboy.  You know, like you, they tout baseless positions while misspelling within their weak comebacks.

Sorry you aren`t "familiar" with the term.

Thank goodness familiarity with a term isn`t needed to become accurately labeled by it.

- Burying Threads Since 1979 -

• 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    you know, looking at the ridiculous posts some of you make which are outright insults it makes me not wonder one bit why the rank of some of you is so low. I'm not a fanboi but I'm very happy there's a game like Darkfall that's supposed to be coming out eventually, we need more games like this, not just linear grind games, sure I'm not saying it's going to be the 'best' ( but to be honest with the state of 'new' MMORPG's we're getting it probably is going to be ) I'm going to wait until and if they announce the closed beta like the promised, a good game takes time I think some gamers just don't realize how long it takes to make a game with the level of detail that Adventurine are talking about.

Also, for those just yelling vaporware and the companies not even got a publisher, do your research for crying out loud, Adventurine have also handled defense contracts with governments doing simulations and other work so they've obviously got their funding from a source outside the games industry by doing different work for themselves, don't go just badmouthing a game if you don't have anything to back yourself up with, it's just plain sad.

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Originally posted by tunabun

A fanboi is the more annoying, childish, version of a Fanboy.  You know, like you, they tout baseless positions while misspelling within their weak comebacks.

Thank goodness familiarity with a term isn`t needed to become accurately labeled by it.

Might as well just put them in under the genre "emo"

They fit right in there with the rest of the fools ;) , pardon for my harsh language
  • PantasticPantastic Member Posts: 1,204

Originally posted by 0k21
    Also, for those just yelling vaporware and the companies not even got a publisher, do your research for crying out loud,

I first heard that they were going to go into beta 'soon' in 2005. The fact that they're still going to be going into beta 'soon' is all the research needed here. Maybe one day they'll make something, but claiming that a game that cannot even be played is the 'best mmo ever' is simply absurd.

• Zynk55Zynk55 Member Posts: 12
    If they really let you build cities, ships and everything else, i wonder how they will do it.  If you can actually sail the ships and have sea combat as well as everything else the game shows, then omfg i cant wait.
  • undiesusaundiesusa Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Zynk55

If they really let you build cities, ships and everything else, i wonder how they will do it.  If you can actually sail the ships and have sea combat as well as everything else the game shows, then omfg i cant wait.
    Indeed you can. The shipbuilding and housebuilding is ala SWG and sailing ships and sea combat ala all the new pirate MMO's coming out.
  • abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143
    You Darkfall fanbois have been at this for what, 5 years? Doesn't it get a little tiring or something?

I'll believe it when they release it.
  • ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    Originally posted by abbaba

You Darkfall fanbois have been at this for what, 5 years? Doesn't it get a little tiring or something?

I'll believe it when they release it.
    Your point would be just as effective without the word 'fanboi' it doesn't do you justice.

Quality games take long time to make, your the guy who whines when they release the game fast and it's buggy.
  • Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729
    I can understand the long wait for beta.  The game pretty much got given to a new company and revamped in '03.  And the devs are really down to earth with everything.   They pointed out other failed games that got released half finished or extremely buggy.  In one dev journal it said beta was going to be very close to release.  So my guess is that they're beta testing it right now to get the major bugs out then goto initial beta.

But yeah i cant wait for it to come out.  I played face of mankind for 2 years and thats not even 1/4 of what darkfall will bring.  <3 sandbox MMO

• Aetern-eAetern-e Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Either it is a very hyped vaporware, or - after my wishes, I hope to damn this actually get's released. But that video used poor graphics.. must be early build 
  • SilvarianneSilvarianne Member Posts: 35
    Why do people do that? "xxxx is the BEST GAME EVER!" when there isn't even a game to play.

Reminds me of all the hype and things said  about Vanguard while its in development.... "Vanguard is the BEST GAME EVER!" ....

Right....
    Originally posted by Silvarianne

Why do people do that? "xxxx is the BEST GAME EVER!" when there isn't even a game to play.

Reminds me of all the hype and things said  about Vanguard while its in development.... "Vanguard is the BEST GAME EVER!" ....

Right....
    Darkfall 'the best mmo ever'

you forgot the marks around the best mmo ever.
  • SilvarianneSilvarianne Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Silvarianne

Right....
    Darkfall 'the best mmo ever'

you forgot the marks around the best mmo ever. Well no, I was taking the statement of the original poster and he sure as heck wasn't saying that  Darkfall is the "best mmo ever!" ....

which would imply sarcasm.

I do believe that he really meant it,  like as if there was an actual game we all could play.

I might be wrong of course. But I don't think so.

All this "best game ever!" tag kinda smells like 3 month old mayo left out of the fridge, there will never ever be a "best game" ever simply because I don't believe you can make a game to please everyone. 
  • Vion1xVion1x Member Posts: 188
    darkfall, kinda reminds me of Eve online somehow, maybe because of that "skill" thing and no lvl, but ey thats good sign for me as i think eve is the best made game so far imo, even tho i dont enjoy to play it hehe :)

it seems like Eve in RPG, with addiational stuff..
  • naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909
    After the DnL and Age of Mourning fiascos, i wonder who still believe in this Darkfall fairytale...
    Originally posted by tunabun

Perhaps you and your clearly superior intellect can explain the points of my characteristics which allow me to labled with the oxymoron 'Childish'

Even though its cataclysmically obvious that neither my IQ nor maturity level warrent such a pre-decided title of obvious duress.
  • DyraeleDyraele Member UncommonPosts: 200
    The concept seems great, only time will tell. What would make it even more "fun" would be permdeath. I know this is a touchy subject so I just want to say that is my opinion only.

AKA - Bruxail

• tunabuntunabun Member UncommonPosts: 666

Perhaps you and your clearly superior intellect can explain the points of my characteristics which allow me to labled with the oxymoron 'Childish'

Even though its cataclysmically obvious that neither my IQ nor maturity level warrent such a pre-decided title of obvious duress.
    You mean besides your egregious spelling errors, consistent misuse of vocabulary and clear lack of grammar knowledge?

You, the OP, post this thread, "The best mmo ever", rant about runescape and ask me to point out what is characteristically childish about you?

You support games that are developed for and played by children E.G. Runescape.  You make fallacious statements like "The best mmo ever" and apply it to a game that is unfinished and unproven, which could in fact be vaporware.

I LABELED you correctly, you know neither games nor English.  You WARRANT my attention and the impedance I give to your vacuous statements.  Your IQ and maturity level are obvious, seen in your age, shown through your drivel and made literal under your nom de plume.

As for duress, if you are stressed so horribly by the energy you most certainly expend to grasp the very basics of my comments, then, you should probably rest yourself.   No one here intends for harm to come to such a delicate creature.

Now that you are sorted out, I shall return to my cup of tea and google search to expose the Mourning scam.

- Burying Threads Since 1979 -

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

I found this video while crawling youtube some like kind of rabid snake.

Anyway, this is for your darkfall lovers, and the haters that think its nothing ;)

Beta = 2007

"It's not a game, It's a world"
    As for the title of your post: the title isn't even out yet. Ergo: it doesn't even exist yet.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

the oxymoron 'Childish'

I do not think this word means what you think it means.

such a pre-decided title of obvious duress.

I do not think this word means what you think it means either.

Chris Mattern

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    Darkfall is the best MMO that never was.
  • j10b2j10b2 Member Posts: 7
    IF this game comes out, then yes, in my opinion, it will be the best mmo for me. But just remember, it has to actualy come out first.
  • IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374
    IF darkfall actually come out(i WISH)and it is polish then it might be the best MMO

but if it is release even it is not finish, another Dark and light then

i wish it come out one day, but how many developer do they have??

i doubt they have enough fund to publish itself
  • EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426
    When I played DnL beta in the first 20 minutes of gameplay i decided not to waste time with that even it was for free... But at least i saw something...

It is a question of fangs.

• Runefruit10Runefruit10 Member Posts: 42

In 2003 Adventurine scratched Darkfall and started over basicly. So...lets see, 2007-2003=4! 4 years isn't too bad. Now to you saying, "You have no proof this game exists!". What proof do you have that it doesn't exist? There is no right or wrong right now, theres just opinions.

Among The Shadows
    http://atsdf.com/