Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GnH's pre-orders now ?

Sorry if this has been already discussed, but I was curious about the situation regarding the GnH pre-orders.  I visited a Best Buy during the weekend, & they still had the $10. pre-order boxes for sale on display.  I told one of the employees, but who knows if that will do any good.  Thank goodness I resisted pre-ordering GnH, but I wonder what about those that had done so? 

Comments

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

Okay, I just spent 15 minutes plus on the telephone, mostly waiting, with Best Buy's CS.  A nice lady was able to inform me that because PE hasn't officially contacted Best Buy yet about the indefinite delaying of GnH that is the reason they are still displaying/selling the GnH pre-order box.  Also on the Best Buy web site they are still selling the GnH pre-order box, game itself, & the GnH guide. 

The Best Buy lady did inform me though that the pre-order box is refundable &/or good towards a Best Buy credit towards another purchase.  She also mentioned how she viewed the web site as well to see the official PE statement & has forwarded the matter up the perverbial food chain of CS.  Seems at least Best Buy is handling it okay, seems PE is slow off the starting mark though.  Perhaps GnH wont be delayed too long or cancelled ... then again?

• OculitusOculitus Member Posts: 203

Refunding pre-orders is one the first things PE should have done after announcing the "indefinite hold" on Gods and Heroes.

The way their handling this is starting to resemble other infamous MMO companies such the scammers behind Dark and Light, or Mourning/ Throne of Chaos.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Oculitus

Refunding pre-orders is one the first things PE should have done after announcing the "indefinite hold" on Gods and Heroes.

The way their handling this is starting to resemble other infamous MMO companies such the scammers behind Dark and Light, or Mourning/ Throne of Chaos.

I was about to say the same thing. 2 days ago I was at gamestop and was talking to the manager who told me that many of his customers had made the pre-order from them or offline and the ones who have ordered offline are not getting any responses back from PE in emails and can't get any CS right now. I would hate to be a pre-order offline and not be taken care of with any questions to PE.

Not every person who's pre ordering a game visits that companies website. Some just call the number on the back of the box or email, of which they can't get help. PE smells really funny.

• CutedgeCutedge Member Posts: 92

When you pre order a game from Gamestop and I would assume Best Buy, you guys know that the money you have put down ISNT going to PE at that point, right? When you preorder at Gamestop, for example, you can transfer the money to any other pre order or refund it up point at which you choose to pick up the game (or get a refund at that time).

I don't know why people would try to contact Perpetual about this. Best Buy or Gamestop or EB or whoever has your money, not PE. The box you get is just an incentive to try to get you to pre order from that store.

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

Originally posted by Cutedge

When you pre order a game from Gamestop and I would assume Best Buy, you guys know that the money you have put down ISNT going to PE at that point, right? When you preorder at Gamestop, for example, you can transfer the money to any other pre order or refund it up point at which you choose to pick up the game (or get a refund at that time).
    I don't know why people would try to contact Perpetual about this. Best Buy or Gamestop or EB or whoever has your money, not PE. The box you get is just an incentive to try to get you to pre order from that store.
    If the game is cancelled, you should always be entitled to a full refund, not forced to apply that money to another purchase. Perpetual and SOE are ultimately responsible for making that happen no matter who it was preordered thru. It should be part of their marketing agreement with Best Buy, Gamestop etc. and guess who handles marketing, SOE.

• OculitusOculitus Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by RedwoodSap

If the game is cancelled, you should always be entitled to a full refund, not forced to apply that money to another purchase. Perpetual and SOE are ultimately responsible for making that happen no matter who it was preordered thru. It should be part of their marketing agreement with Best Buy, Gamestop etc. and guess who handles marketing, SOE.

Agreed.  Additionally, if it's up in the air as to whether your game will launch or not you should in no way move into the pre-order phase.  PE decided to make that move all on their own.  Retailers don't take pre-orders without the game makers' consent.

The basic point is that PE's decision to shelf Gods and Heroes is the reason the pre-orders need to be refunded.  Gamestop, Best Buy and all the other retailers were simply going by what PE told them.  Therefore much, if not all, of the burden should fall of PE in terms of refunds.

Yeah, but i'm saying that you can walk into a gamestop/EB and get your money back without them saying much of anything about it. You dont even need to take the box back or give reason or anything.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Who said anything about preorders from gamestop and that what you mentioned? I sure didn't.

Quote from me. "I was about to say the same thing. 2 days ago I was at gamestop and was talking to the manager who told me that many of his customers had made the pre-order from them or offline and the ones who have ordered offline are not getting any responses back from PE in emails and can't get any CS right now."

See the red text.

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Yeah, but i'm saying that you can walk into a gamestop/EB and get your money back without them saying much of anything about it. You dont even need to take the box back or give reason or anything.

Yes but apparently not all stores are following this example. They are only allowing in game credit for the refund. Glad i didn't decide to pre-order G&H

Originally posted by bezado

Who said anything about preorders from gamestop and that what you mentioned? I sure didn't.

Quote from me. "I was about to say the same thing. 2 days ago I was at gamestop and was talking to the manager who told me that many of his customers had made the pre-order from them or offline and the ones who have ordered offline are not getting any responses back from PE in emails and can't get any CS right now."

See the red text.

I'm not entirelly sure what ordering "offline" is so I dunno. Was PE actually doing preorders where you ordered it directly from them?