Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArchLord - Amazing!

MontenagroMontenagro Member Posts: 14

To anyone who has not tried out this game.

Archlord is a truely amazing game.  It has many of the aspects of Pay MMO's (ie. Crafting, horses, pvp, quests, ect ect)  but it also boasts proffesional Graphics that Rival those of Lineage 2.

The character creation is simple and easy, and later on you are allowed to change your hairstyle and facestyle via ingame barbershops.  Getting started is also very easy in this Player friendly game.  Drops are set to a medium rate (compared to other Popular MMO's) so you wont have to wait years to get that good equipment.

There is virtually NO HACKING at all in this game... ive been playing for a little while now and have yet to see a single hacker/game abuser. 

The game is TOTALLY playable and very fun without ever even spending a dime.  However if you like to spend a couple of bucks to Improve your gaming experiance, the Dollar to Game cash ratio is Astronomically GOOD in this game!  a mere 5 dollars gets you 1000 ingame credits!  10 bucks is 2400! (bonus 400) and 15 is 4800 (best value)  and with special items only costing 7 - 1000 credits your money will really streatch out far  (the 1000 cred items last for 14 days at a time)

Unfortunatly with all the good there must be a draw back right?    ... well this MMO is no exception to that rule.  There are several "Spambots" and the Veteran players know what im talking about.  These people that shout "go here buy gold cheap" can grow tiresome... but the Ingame ignore feature makes short work of that nonsense.

I really hope to see a few new faces in this game, the community is friendly and helpfull, and the servers are lag free!

-Montenagro

Comments

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

A few things I want to mention.

It rivals the graphics of Lineage 2? The year 2000 is calling, they want their 3D graphics with no effects back.

As far as the game goes, yeah, it's not bad. If you compare it to the other thousand free MMOs, it's a big hit, so if you like free games, go for it.

If you compare it to pay games (and yes, when it came out, it was a pay game, so this is a fair comparison) it's not worth a dime. It's a second rate game, and got pushed into the free category with the rest of the second rate games.

Sorry to rain on your parade, happy gaming.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

This doesn't seem like an advertising post.  Nope, not at all.  Especially considering what the OP's whopping 3 posts consist of.

• HadreynnHadreynn Member Posts: 112

The game blows.  End of story.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

2 Near empty servers + inability to support Wide screen resolutions + very little character customization + repetitive grind like game play = not worth the time

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• SovielSoviel Member Posts: 35

Nice try.

But

we see what you did there.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This game is almost an exact copy of LostChaos and has no redeeming qualities.  Just another factory MMO with little content.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by M1sf1t

2 Near empty servers + inability to support Wide screen resolutions + very little character customization + repetitive grind like game play = not worth the time
    Actually the game has 2 near full servers and recently opened a 3rd server because of increasing demand.

Try again after you checked your facts.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Actually the game has 2 near full servers and recently opened a 3rd server because of increasing demand.

I guess the other points were spot on then?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kingdave2006kingdave2006 Member Posts: 30

The game wasn't bad but having classes that are female/male only stinks, otherwise the game is pretty good.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Yup, and his last point was his opinion that the game was not worth his time.

• LJTKLJTK Member Posts: 1

great game after lvl 30 for pvp reason. one of my favorite pvp's better then DAoC by far

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396
    Originally posted by Montenagro

To anyone who has not tried out this game.

Archlord is a truely amazing game.  It has many of the aspects of Pay MMO's (ie. Crafting, horses, pvp, quests, ect ect)  but it also boasts proffesional Graphics that Rival those of Lineage 2.

The character creation is simple and easy, and later on you are allowed to change your hairstyle and facestyle via ingame barbershops.  Getting started is also very easy in this Player friendly game.  Drops are set to a medium rate (compared to other Popular MMO's) so you wont have to wait years to get that good equipment.
    There is virtually NO HACKING at all in this game... ive been playing for a little while now and have yet to see a single hacker/game abuser. 
    The game is TOTALLY playable and very fun without ever even spending a dime.  However if you like to spend a couple of bucks to Improve your gaming experiance, the Dollar to Game cash ratio is Astronomically GOOD in this game!  a mere 5 dollars gets you 1000 ingame credits!  10 bucks is 2400! (bonus 400) and 15 is 4800 (best value)  and with special items only costing 7 - 1000 credits your money will really streatch out far  (the 1000 cred items last for 14 days at a time)
    Unfortunatly with all the good there must be a draw back right?    ... well this MMO is no exception to that rule.  There are several "Spambots" and the Veteran players know what im talking about.  These people that shout "go here buy gold cheap" can grow tiresome... but the Ingame ignore feature makes short work of that nonsense.

I really hope to see a few new faces in this game, the community is friendly and helpfull, and the servers are lag free!

-Montenagro

This kind of reminds me of those messages I used to get on myspace from unusually attractive women saying my site is great, you get to meet me and all my friends blah blah blah...

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• KrAzYBLADEKrAzYBLADE Member UncommonPosts: 70

i love how people try to compare free mmos to p2p mmos.....lol bottom line is if your short on cash and want to play a mmo this is the game for you.  :)

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

By far the best f2p mmo out there, amongst a sea of crap. Silkroad Online is great too.

• slickerac2slickerac2 Member UncommonPosts: 12

the game looks like AC, nice Gr, and many mature people... try it

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

No widescreen support? What is this, 1996?

Originally posted by Nadril

Don't ask me, I'm not the developer :)

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

Originally posted by Nadril  
    Originally posted by M1sf1t 2 Near empty servers + inability to support Wide screen resolutions + very little character customization + repetitive grind like game play = not worth the time

Don't ask me, I'm not the developer :)

Has anyone tried support for this? I have read posts from a few people saying they have no issue with wide-screen.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• NinixNinix Member Posts: 190

sure is.

• kingj0nkingj0n Member Posts: 14

This game takes no skill at all.. You just button mash till you die or win. There's nothing to lose. Whoever outlevels you will beat you. You cant be like, good at this game..

It'll take like, a year to grind to like, 90 level and you'll be like, I'm bored... The thing is, I already got bored. You just press 4.. 5... 3.... dead, next NPC,.. 4... 5.....3.... Next...  4...5....3... next...

Oh, AoE... 3....  4..... run   though more mobs, 4.....  run though more mobs, until you get a lot... 4.... run... 5....run.... 4.... run.... 5.... run... 4... next....

Again, a very boring game. Runescape is better, and I havevn't played that since WAY back in the days...

I would just get UO and play the free servers that players put up to play a free MMO..

Again, *yawn*

• NinixNinix Member Posts: 190

bro... this is what u do in every mmorpg.. wow is also.. skill skill.. dead.. loot.. next.. skill skill.. dead.. loot.. ahh pvp... pvp .. pvp.. sweeet skill skill loot.. same thing over and over again in every game and u know it so dont whine.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Originally posted by Ninix

bro... this is what u do in every mmorpg.. wow is also.. skill skill.. dead.. loot.. next.. skill skill.. dead.. loot.. ahh pvp... pvp .. pvp.. sweeet skill skill loot.. same thing over and over again in every game and u know it so dont whine.

Much agreed. Not even wow is exempt from these play mechanics. If you don't like something don't play it, simple as that.