Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best F2P PvP MMO?

lilreap2k3lilreap2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 353

So after going through the game list over and over; I have decided to just find a f2p mmo with good enough pvp to get my fix for a bit. So all I am looking for from you all, is opinions of what you think is the very best f2p mmo when it comes to pvp. The only game that you can rule out right off the bat is Guild Wars. I bought it and didn't really care for the pvp. It was too group focused, which turns me off to it. I like being able to just go pvp anytime I want without relying on other people.

And before anyone suggests playing an FPS. I have Enemy Territory, CS:S, and Halo. While being fun in their own right, isn't what I am looking for right now.

Playing - Minecraft, 7 Days To Die, Darkfall:ROA, Path of Exile

Waiting for - 

Comments

• duey100duey100 Member UncommonPosts: 21

A lot of the kids at the lan center I work at play Gunz and seem to enjoy it.  This is basically a heads up to the game in case you've never tried it.  I've never played it and I don't PvP.  I'm assuming it's free since these kids hardly have enough money to buy time to play on the computers, heh.   http://gunz.ijji.com/ ...heh, right on their website "play free".  And, some basic info on the game:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GunZ_The_Duel

Edit to add: have you checked out Shadowbane as well?  It's free now, apparently.

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120

I would suggest looking at Shadowbane, a very good game, and has "debatably" the best PvP going.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by Jo-Gamer

I would suggest looking at Shadowbane, a very good game, and has "debatably" the best PvP going.

I tried shadowbane before and the controls really turned me off. Its more of a group PvP game too if I remember.

• lilreap2k3lilreap2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 353

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I have tried both Gunz and Shadowbane before. Gunz is more a fps, so I can't count that. Shadowbane seems to be a diamond in the rough, so to speak. It sounds like a great pvp game. My only problem the last few times I tried it were the controls, and the blandness of the terrain and mobs. The game is dated, so understandably the graphics won't be on par with the games today. I can look past the graphics, but couldn't really get past the awful controls.

Again thanks for the suggestions. Still looking for more if anyone has any.

Waiting for - 

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

I would say Guild Wars for F2P PvP.

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• lilreap2k3lilreap2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by Cabe2323
    I would say Guild Wars for F2P PvP.

Did you even read the opening post? =)

Waiting for - 

• krackajapkrackajap Member Posts: 238
    Originally posted by Nadril

Originally posted by Jo-Gamer

I tried shadowbane before and the controls really turned me off. Its more of a group PvP game too if I remember.

Actually there was a lot in that game you could do solo.  If you knew what you were doing you could take down 2-3 people by yourself as long as they weren't pros.  But yes the controls are pretty dated and at this point, it's almost impossible for someone new to play it due to the learning curve and the need of a guild help you.

• SpikeXSpikeX Member UncommonPosts: 76

I've been playing this game called Metin2 recently.  Great Game, graphics and good PvP.  I've played most of the f2p games on the list and I'm surprised this one isn't ranked higher.  I'd say it's my favorite right now.  The grind also isn't that bad at all.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You can always give Archlord a try.... F2P and not too bad.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

Fury...

you just have to buy the game, but its free otherwise... kinda like guildwars.

• SpikeXSpikeX Member UncommonPosts: 76

Eh I don't like Archlord at all.  I wouldn't recommend that game to anyone.

• karlz0rkarlz0r Member Posts: 158

Try DarkEden International if you're into oldschool, baby

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

Originally posted by SpikeX

Eh I don't like Archlord at all.  I wouldn't recommend that game to anyone.
    Same.

Like I said before, take a look into Fury.

• daywalker27daywalker27 Member UncommonPosts: 148

F2P - > Knights Online (For Now) It's Race Vs Race wars though, so you actually might not like it :/

but then again there's Adream and Ronark whic hare PVP areas which you can solo in.

This game also has a huge grind though and some people are already at level cap and really high so starting now would be difficult.

P2P - > Wait for WAR

B2P -> GuildWars/Fury

• RenithRenith Member Posts: 145

I totally agree with daywalker . Wait untill u see WAR and u don't even think about f2p games anymore .