Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Aion have player owned structures or castle like L2

vampsvamps Member Posts: 39

Anyone know that be really cool

lineage 2
dillign-30 active-teon

Comments

• CaladonCaladon Member Posts: 152

Yeah, there will be castles in the abyss afaik :)

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

"The Abyss will be home to 8 to 10 castles that can be captured by either faction. The advantages will have extreme consequences. Your faction will be able to gather crafting materials easily. Besides that, traders live around the castle and will sell special weapon only to your faction. Finally, the ruling guild will recieve taxes from the land. The rest of the faction won't get any money from it. Only when the enemy retakes the castle, another guild will have the chance to benefit from the many advantages of the castle."

Read that in some review from GC2007 I think. Don't remember where though. 

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• VandorianVandorian Member UncommonPosts: 6

Originally posted by sketchy_

"The Abyss will be home to 8 to 10 castles that can be captured by either faction. The advantages will have extreme consequences. Your faction will be able to gather crafting materials easily. Besides that, traders live around the castle and will sell special weapon only to your faction. Finally, the ruling guild will recieve taxes from the land. The rest of the faction won't get any money from it. Only when the enemy retakes the castle, another guild will have the chance to benefit from the many advantages of the castle."
    Read that in some review from GC2007 I think. Don't remember where though. 
    Sound great!

Can't wait for the open beta to start so I can test this pice of magic out :-)

• vampsvamps Member Posts: 39

well my factions gonna have a castle

lineage 2
    dillign-30 active-teon

• Suta_SafaiaSuta_Safaia Member Posts: 101

That actually sounds like a prime opportunity for backstabbing.  One of the guilds on your side has a castle you want?  Eh, let the enemy take it, no reason to defend it afterall, then you can go take it.

I love the idea, but I hate the (current) implementation.  Allies should be encouraged to protect allies, not have possable bonuses for watching enemies trounce the castle and then going in for themselves =/

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

Originally posted by Suta_Safaia

That actually sounds like a prime opportunity for backstabbing.  One of the guilds on your side has a castle you want?  Eh, let the enemy take it, no reason to defend it afterall, then you can go take it.
    I love the idea, but I hate the (current) implementation.  Allies should be encouraged to protect allies, not have possable bonuses for watching enemies trounce the castle and then going in for themselves =/

True ... but the same thing will probably happend to the attacking faction. Imagine you got a couple of guilds that wanna take over a castle that all of them wants and then which guild should get the castle? I think this could turn out to be kinda fun actually, small "wars" and disagreements within the factions. Not fun to play a game where everyone is living in peace and harmony. "Politics" and stuff like this is what makes mmorpgs so wonderful if you ask me, makes the world feel living and you got something to fight for. 

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• vampsvamps Member Posts: 39

ima have the best castle and faction cause were gonna run hella farm b0ts* and own yall

lineage 2
    dillign-30 active-teon

• PeikoPeiko Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Suta_Safaia

Allies should be encouraged to protect allies but what if theres internal conflict?  Since u probably wont be able to kill another guild of the same race  how are u suppose to get back at them?  What better way then to just watch them get wiped, or better yet maybe u can help the enemy by keeping the 3rd NPC controlled race off their backs while they attack a castle.  Although it would be fun if u could take a castle from a guild of your own race.

• aionownsaionowns Member Posts: 175

i think inside the PVP designated zone u are allowed to attacked ur own faction in order to gain control of a castle im not totally sure i just think this is so after watching a video in which angels attacked angels or w/e lol

• CaladonCaladon Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by aionowns

i think inside the PVP designated zone u are allowed to attacked ur own faction in order to gain control of a castle im not totally sure i just think this is so after watching a video in which angels attacked angels or w/e lol

1. There is no such thing as angels (at least not in Aion).

2. If they attacked eachother, it's only because the Asmodians haven't been revealed yet.

Originally posted by Caladon

2. If they attacked eachother, it's only because the Asmodians haven't been revealed yet.

my bad about calling them angels i havent really memorized the names of the factions i truelly just found out about aion this weekend and have read everything i can find out about it and im totally hooked im even spending $1500 on a new computer just so i can play this game to the fullest extent

• HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163

Originally posted by Caladon

my bad about calling them angels i havent really memorized the names of the factions i truelly just found out about aion this weekend and have read everything i can find out about it and im totally hooked im even spending $1500 on a new computer just so i can play this game to the fullest extent

Thats a lot money to spend on a new comp just for this game lol, at least you have a quite a few months to save up? Its rumored to be released in Quarter 2 of 2008.

well not just for this game but also for warhammer so i can play it with all details maxed out but its an alienware computer 

• OrphenOrphen Member Posts: 7

On another hand, helping protecting a fort means you can grab some crafting ressources much easier, have access to the special merchants around the castle, and i doubt that taxt payed to the guild holding the fort will be that big...

besides, if a guild manage to get control of a castle, its most probably mean they can defend it.

And you will have some alliances forged between guilds, its kinda obvious.

All this makes it sounds like a very interesting PvP system ...

But most of you forgot one important point in this thread ... the Balaurs !

What you think ? they'll just sit there and watch you defend/attack a castle ? It's been said, that Balaurs will interfere in castle siege and even, they can get control of it (meaning neither the Elyseens nor the Asmodians will have the castle !)

[ChK] Orphen Nuruhuin

• DeatrixDeatrix Member Posts: 47

well not just for this game but also for warhammer so i can play it with all details maxed out but its an alienware computer 
    psssst...dont waste the money on an Alienware computer >.<, such a waste of cash!!!

anyways, has anyone found some reliable information about the asmodians? NCSoft is keeping that shit under wraps pretty tight. from everything ive read, i believe they will be similar in shape and size to the Elyos. they are both Daeva, after all. Asmodians just come from the Upper half of the split in the world, where no light shines.. so think of the Elyos, but all pale and dark and creepy lookin features, thats my guestimate right now anyways.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Originally posted by Deatrix
    Originally posted by aionowns well not just for this game but also for warhammer so i can play it with all details maxed out but its an alienware computer
    psssst...dont waste the money on an Alienware computer >.<, such a waste of cash!!!

anyways, has anyone found some reliable information about the asmodians? NCSoft is keeping that shit under wraps pretty tight. from everything ive read, i believe they will be similar in shape and size to the Elyos. they are both Daeva, after all. Asmodians just come from the Upper half of the split in the world, where no light shines.. so think of the Elyos, but all pale and dark and creepy lookin features, thats my guestimate right now anyways.

The best official description that I've found is from this comment:

4. Are the Asmodians significantly different from the Elyos?

It is possible to see that the Asmodians and Elyos come from the same origin. They have the same, fundamental humanoid shapes. An analogy would be to compare elves with dark elves.

Via http://www.aionsource.com/forum/news/2381-whoa-news.html

• DeatrixDeatrix Member Posts: 47

yea, i was in that thread conversation as well >.< , it is the best analogy. personally im hoping the asmodians dont just look like a bunch of emo kids...