Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Closed Beta Date Finalized

angelsfangangelsfang Member Posts: 93

Ncsoft released a press release detailing the financial data of the company in the second quarter 2007. It announced the next large-scale MMORPG game Aion will enter closed beta testing on October 31 in Korea.

----------------------------

Get your korean dictionaries ready 

Comments

• SoraanSoraan Member Posts: 3

Don't expect to be able to play it if you're living anywhere else than Korea. In my past experience, many P2P MMORPGs are very strict this. They will probably restrict the CB to Korean IPs only :(

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

Not exactly sure about this.  Some of the long time L 2 gamers might know though. But, it could be that beta for US might follow possibly from 1 to 3 months after beta opening in Korea.

I do believe the same thing took place for Lineage 2 back when it was being tested back so many years ago.  Anyway, pretty sure NCSoft wouldn't leave North America and Europe out of any beta testing.

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• angelsfangangelsfang Member Posts: 93

Like most korean MMORPGs, testing will first be within Korea only, then as they improve the game and iron out the bugs, it should be available to other countries (so they make a good impression).  I'm dont think they will have an IP restriction, I have seen people play in korean betas before, but at the very least, they should start releasong more game information, and we can translate it and find out more by then.

• teldathteldath Member Posts: 104

thank god its only in korea, Americans are horrible beta testers... i hate to say it

• PandaSamuraiPandaSamurai Member Posts: 1

Americans are horrible beta testers is probably to the effect that most of us (Americans since i am one myself) are incredibly lazy and in beta tests we most likely wouldn't just be playing the game to iron out bugs etc., we would be playing it just to enjoy it the game and to seek own personal gain. Although most people would want to play it to have fun, the point of testing is like you said to iron out any final bugs that may still be lingering around.  Oh yeah, did i mention Americans are lazy for the most part? =P

See you when you're all grown up!

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

• ZarraaZarraa Member Posts: 481

Originally posted by teldath

thank god its only in korea, Americans are horrible beta testers... i hate to say it

Generalzation is a dangerous thing...

You'd be suprised how many horrible American testers actually report bugs. Granted testers always crying about lag etc might be the loudest they are far from the majority.

Dutchess Zarraa Voltayre
    Reborn/Zero Sum/Ancient Legacy/Jagged Legion/Feared/Nuke & Pave.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Originally posted by angelsfang
    Ncsoft released a press release detailing the financial data of the company in the second quarter 2007. It announced the next large-scale MMORPG game Aion will enter closed beta testing on October 31 in Korea.
    ----------------------------
    Get your korean dictionaries ready image

EDIT: Nevermind. Either mmorpg.com's forums can't display Korean characters, or somehow my encoding is buggered.

Still takes me forever to type something out. :-P

• xIaOBaKaxIaOBaKa Member Posts: 14

i wonder if they will block singapore's IP..i hope not cuz i wanna try the close beta so mch..unless the korean beta testers are one of their own..

• SwanSongSwanSong Member UncommonPosts: 24

Interestingly when the Korean Closed Beta date got changed from July 31st to October 31st we were also told that other important dates (such as open beta for the rest of the world or release date) haven't changed.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

"in korea" makes me cry at night, y couldnt they make it international closed beta :(

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

Well koreans are good beta testers... europeans and americans arent. All we (not all but most of us) do is play it like some sort of  free trial/preview of the game and whine about how many bugs there are and how horrible the game looks etc etc.... So I dont mind waiting and letting the koreans do the dirty work :)

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• WarpHunterWarpHunter Member Posts: 147

I believe when we beta tested L2, we were about 6 months behind Korea... Hopefully its sooner for Aion, but I guess waiting until April wouldnt be so bad... As to who is the better beta tester, having beta tested a lot of Korean games I can tell you that Americans arent the only ones who think its a free trial game... 

Warp

• tboxtbox Member Posts: 372

If its just starting closed beta thing game could take another year to come out.

• PeikoPeiko Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Soraan

Don't expect to be able to play it if you're living anywhere else than Korea. In my past experience, many P2P MMORPGs are very strict this. They will probably restrict the CB to Korean IPs only :(

Its really not that hard to get and IP changer and beta test Korean games u know.

• windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Peiko

Originally posted by Soraan

Its really not that hard to get and IP changer and beta test Korean games u know.

Oh, do tell.  What, like a proxy or something?

Anyway, you people saying Koreans are superior beta testers... LOL

Where the f**k did you get that idea?  No matter what your nationality you are just there to get an early/free glimpse at the game.  If theres a serious problem then anyone would complain.  The main testing is done by the devs as they watch the "beta testers" play and see if they manage to break anything. 

The reason Koreans always get the betas first is because the companies are Korean.  And the companies are Korean because all Koreans are shut-ins and require mind numbing entertainment to keep them from thinking about steping outside their living cubicals. 

• bailey33bailey33 Member Posts: 3

i think we should all be able to beta test tht way we are morel likely able to get sorted and fixed much quiker and better

plz answer my poll

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

sad i dont live in korea :(

• Alicen1337Alicen1337 Member Posts: 18

I for one, dont mind letting the Koreans beat the bugs out of it first ^^.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Alicen1337

I for one, dont mind letting the Koreans beat the bugs out of it first ^^.

You know what? Neither do I! 

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• warrorwarror Member Posts: 270

Glad beta is starting up. Hopefully the game will be released in the first quarter of 2008.

• GenreNinjaGenreNinja Member CommonPosts: 159

if I'm not mistaken, it's officially estimated to be in Q2.. but then again, its 1) an estimation and 2) it's hearsay.

I don't mind the Koreans beating out the bugs, since I for one don't really play much in beta. from time to time I'll sink my teeth into one. Becoming active in the forum discussions, and trying my best to 'help', as best as a beta tester can.

But right now, my problem really isn't with the fact the beta is starting in Korea, its that I'm impatient ^_^ and wish it to all be over faster. because this is the first game in a long long time that shows me any promise.

---

Live a life less ordinary.

• Sovren1Sovren1 Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by windstrike1
    Originally posted by Peiko
    Originally posted by Soraan Don't expect to be able to play it if you're living anywhere else than Korea. In my past experience, many P2P MMORPGs are very strict this. They will probably restrict the CB to Korean IPs only :(

Oh, do tell. What, like a proxy or something? image
    Anyway, you people saying Koreans are superior beta testers... LOL
    Where the f**k did you get that idea? No matter what your nationality you are just there to get an early/free glimpse at the game. If theres a serious problem then anyone would complain. The main testing is done by the devs as they watch the "beta testers" play and see if they manage to break anything.
    The reason Koreans always get the betas first is because the companies are Korean. And the companies are Korean because all Koreans are shut-ins and require mind numbing entertainment to keep them from thinking about steping outside their living cubicals.

Beta testers breaking something? 99% sure it was most likely broken before they got there. Discover would be a better word. Now if your speaking about capacity and the ability of the game to hold what number of people, then maybe. That's a normal stress test.