Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: 3 Beta Giveaway!

13»

Comments

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

Originally posted by CM90
    Wow, I really hope I win this. Can you tell us how many entries there are so far? And is there an anti-cheat feature that kills the cheaters image

I "think" i remember in one of the other contests they said something about tracking IP's from when someone entered the contest, and if that person was entered more then once they were removed. Or the 2nd account was removed. Cant be to sure. As for the number of entries, your lookin at around 20,000-30,000 or so. WoW is huge so im sure many of the members have signed up for it. So around a 1 in 10,000 chance of winning. If you have visited the website every day since the contest started and you entered, your probably lookin at a 1 in 1000.

• tkarmictkarmic Member Posts: 2

Well, that's hardly a fair shake is it? I mean if I enter from home then there four other people who have the same IP address. If I sign on from work, there are hundreds.

The sad fact is many people share an IP address because there just aren't enough addresses around for those who want them.

Really just gives people on dial-up an advantage. Their IP changes, and they rarely share it. On DSL or a business connection you have one IP that lasts forever, and you have to share it with everybody in your house, if not workplace.

Originally posted by numatic

I "think" i remember in one of the other contests they said something about tracking IP's from when someone entered the contest, and if that person was entered more then once they were removed.

• MDruidMDruid Member Posts: 82

I hope I get in. Then I will be able to make a section to WOW on my website. (still under development, very close to being done though)

Guns don't kill people, idoits do!

Guns don't kill people, idiots do!
    My Website
    MDruid Comics

• tkarmictkarmic Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by MDruid
    I hope I get in. Then I will be able to make a section to WOW on my website. (still under development, very close to being done though) Guns don't kill people, idoits do!

Isn't there some sort of NDA?

• DrakewsDrakews Member Posts: 6

I admit i was tented to double sign,but in the end i had to go wee weeimage

Im on cable so i think if i wouldn't have listen to my wee wee,i would be kicked out of the contestimage

Man i lub this emoticons

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

Originally posted by tkarmic

Well, that's hardly a fair shake is it? I mean if I enter from home then there four other people who have the same IP address. If I sign on from work, there are hundreds.
    The sad fact is many people share an IP address because there just aren't enough addresses around for those who want them.
    Really just gives people on dial-up an advantage. Their IP changes, and they rarely share it. On DSL or a business connection you have one IP that lasts forever, and you have to share it with everybody in your house, if not workplace.

It's 1 entry per household I beleive. It just isnt fair any other way because of the fact that those 4 people can share. Logging in from another computer during the contest is fine. But if 2 people enter the contest from the same IP, it will be considered cheating. So in other words, dont enter the contest from a work computer! image

Originally posted by tkarmic

Isn't there some sort of NDA?

Nope.