It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
The more I read about this game, the more I become convinced that these guys were hard core UO players back in the day (like me). Many of the concepts are takin straight from UO. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, in my opinion UO was the most fun MMO before they started messing it all up. For example...
1. Skill based system- Can we say no leveling up anyone. Takin straight from UO... you can even fight guild mates to gain skill. I can remember regularly sparring guild mates to skill up swords and fencing and magic resist and the rest. Yea, by fighting tough MOBs it went a little faster, but you didn't have to to gain skill.
2. PvP anywhere - When UO first came out, you could kill someone anywhere outside of towns (excluding Bucs Den..free for all in that bitch of a town) Running through the crossroads outside of Britain almost meant certain death because of the Dread Lords lurking there. You could also loot the corpses of killed players, which made banking before running out into the wild very necessary. I bought I full set of colored plate (before crafters could dye it) and lost it like 10 minutes later cause i got ganked lol.
3. Player Housing - I could be wrong because UO was the first MMO I played, but I am almost positive that it was the first game where one could own a house and a set of vendors at it to sell your wares. Many guilds also set up "towns" by building their houses on the same island and setting up guild vendors around it.
4. Guild Wars - One of the best aspects of the game imo. Warring was the reason many people even played UO. I played on the Atlantic server and was in a guild called Visolara. It was almost a competition to see how many guilds you were at war with and how many people you could kill.
5. Boats - UO had boats!! Even though you couldn't wage naval warfare like Darkfall is claiming you can do.. but there were still freakin boats you could sail the high seas on.
I really could write so many similarities between these two games... I LOVE IT. If... no WHEN Darkfall finally comes out, it will be the king of MMOs. It will not be for the weak. It will be for people who played UO back when they were freakin 13 and got depressed when they destroyed it and now are even more depressed because any MMO that came out since then can't live up to it. Honestly, I am totally psyched for DF and will rejoice in the blood of my enemies when it comes out
Disclaimer- Everything written in this post is completely opinionated. It is solely my opinion and no one else's. If it is someone else's opinion too then you can rejoice in the blood of my foes also