Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate London - BETA OPEN NOW

theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

For those of us who have pre-order boxes from their respective retailers, and have picked them up, the Hellgate London beta is now open.

The beta just opened around noon today, so in order to start, go to http://www.hellgatelondon.com and click 'Download Beta'

Happy hunting =)

If you don't have a pre-order box yet, go to your nearest EB Games, Gamespot, anywhere, and pre-order now to get your pre-order box with the beta =)

Comments

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

Hasn't it been a while ? Im VERY certain it has...

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Well, originally the beta was supposed to be open from early september to october 7. Except it didn't, so they told all the pre-order customers it would be a bit. Hence why I was announcing it.

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

Ooh okay :) Cool...

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• ThalianosThalianos Member Posts: 24

No, the beta has been open for the pre-order folks for a while.  Here's the story, you get your pre-order box, go to the site, put in your code then... you wait.  They were letting people in in waves, so I had to wait for about 4 days until I got my invite.  Once you get your invite you can download the client and play away!

This is actually a random occurrence.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Thalianos

No, the beta has been open for the pre-order folks for a while.  Here's the story, you get your pre-order box, go to the site, put in your code then... you wait.  They were letting people in in waves, so I had to wait for about 4 days until I got my invite.  Once you get your invite you can download the client and play away!
    You Sir are absolutely correct. I've been in Beta since the 20th of September.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Don't be suckered into preordering to get into beta.  The beta ends soon and if you check there site they won't immediately let beta testers into the game.  Hell you won't even get access to there beta boards.

I gotta say something really fishy is up with this company.  Several weeks from release and the beta NDA is still up and they are lying and telling people to preorder and get into open beta.  It just ain't so.  I preordered days ago and haven't seen anything that tells me how to get into beta.  And going back to there site I found the beta faq that says they are using a waiting list so I'm not sure preordering really does jack...

---
    Ethion

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by ethion

Don't be suckered into preordering to get into beta.  The beta ends soon and if you check there site they won't immediately let beta testers into the game.  Hell you won't even get access to there beta boards.
    I gotta say something really fishy is up with this company.  Several weeks from release and the beta NDA is still up and they are lying and telling people to preorder and get into open beta.  It just ain't so.  I preordered days ago and haven't seen anything that tells me how to get into beta.  And going back to there site I found the beta faq that says they are using a waiting list so I'm not sure preordering really does jack...

Well I pre-ordered, registered on the website with the Pre-Order Key and in less than 24 hours I got my invite. The same thing happened to my better half, less than 24 hours later we are playing together.

Again its not OPEN BETA, its CLOSED BETA.

How do you know when Beta is going to end, you don't even have access to the Beta Forums.

• vincehvinceh Member Posts: 208

If I buy the pre-order from Futureshop in Vancouver will it include the beta key?

-Vin

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477

I was gonna preorder, but found out the beta possibly ends on the 20th...and as pointed out above, the game is what, 2 weeks from going gold and the NDA is still in effect, I smell some fish.

This game is up in the air for me atm...cant seem to find enough info about the game to satisfy a preorder. Think imma just have to wait until the game launchs and some decent Ingame vids are made.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Well I'm still waiting with no luck...

I know the beta ends on the 21st because that was what it said on the letter saying I was in the beta when beta starts.

---
    Ethion

• ArcherforceArcherforce Member Posts: 21

will try it thats for sure, as i live in london xD

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

Getting around in post-apocalyptic London is much faster, too!

• NeverasNeveras Member UncommonPosts: 303

Damn, I pre-ordered from best-buy website and have no access, are they supposed to provide you with the code or is the beta only for people who pre-ordered from the store?

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by Neveras

Damn, I pre-ordered from best-buy website and have no access, are they supposed to provide you with the code or is the beta only for people who pre-ordered from the store?

Check the news archives, or "the underground" on the HGL site b/c I remember there being a posting about people having a problem specifically with Best buy and Walmart. I remember it saying that for one of those stores only in-store purchases were eligible for the neat extras. I think I remember them saying they were trying to do something to rectify the situation, but that might just be my imagination.

• NeverasNeveras Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Originally posted by teddyboy420

Originally posted by Neveras

Check the news archives, or "the underground" on the HGL site b/c I remember there being a posting about people having a problem specifically with Best buy and Walmart. I remember it saying that for one of those stores only in-store purchases were eligible for the neat extras. I think I remember them saying they were trying to do something to rectify the situation, but that might just be my imagination.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

I'm one of those preorder ppl....except I have already canceled my preorder.

The bottom line is the game is not finished. it needs another 6 months of polish at the very least.

The Skills are awful, and overlap too much.

Pet AI is horrid.

The game crashes constantly./Many bugs

itemization isn't very good.

P.S I don't really give a rats ass about NDA since I will likely never touch the game again. Boredom city