Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back to My Roots: Revolutionary?

LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

Back to My Roots is a quest that Jagex released this Tuesday. It's listed as a Master quest, which is the most difficult rating a quest can have in RuneScape. The rewards are:

40,000 Woodcuttting XP

24,000 Farming XP

23,000 Slayer XP

15,000 Agility XP

1 quest point.

There is an additional subquest whose rewards are:

10,000 Magic XP

100 death runes, and 100 blood runes.

That brings the grand total to 112,000 XP. Now, what's so special about this? 112,000 XP is the most experience that has EVER been rewarded in RuneScape by a single quest, exceeding many longer, more difficult quests. Furthermore, Farming and Slayer are very slow and difficult to train.

I think that this may lead to a change in RuneScape's quests. From now on, they may give more experience. This, in my opinion, is a good thing. Quests didn't give nearly enough experience before. It takes 14 MILLION XP to max out a skill.

What do you think?

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

Comments

• DemonZabuzaDemonZabuza Member Posts: 71

It also allows you to play a minigame like guthix tears twice a week, but I haven't been able to find it...

Is it the part where you replant your jade vine plant? Because you can keep fighting it over and over for slayer exp or grow over and over for farming.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

cool, but the thing i dont get is the quest point system. 1 quest point? They should be high for hard quests and vice versa.

?

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by AkaJetson

cool, but the thing i dont get is the quest point system. 1 quest point? They should be high for hard quests and vice versa.
    This is what some guy on the RuneScape Forums said:

"I don't get the quest point system. Is it just random, or is it the number of beers Andrew drank the night before?"

It doesn't make sense to me, either.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• theflandaddytheflandaddy Member Posts: 1

The thing is, it only takes 13,034,000 appx xp, not 14 mil :P.  But I see your point.  I have done every quest but this but I plan to do this one soon.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

How is something simply giving more experience revolutionary?

It isn't.

• DemonZabuzaDemonZabuza Member Posts: 71

Its revolutionary because we are getting better rewards for quests. Its kind of annoying when you spend 30 mins doing a new quest and only get 3k exp in a stat you already have a few mil exp in.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by DemonZabuza

Its revolutionary because we are getting better rewards for quests. Its kind of annoying when you spend 30 mins doing a new quest and only get 3k exp in a stat you already have a few mil exp in.

That isn't revolutionary. Man... I love how bad it is that whenver a quest gives more experience then normal everyone shouts out "OMG REVOLUTIONARY QUEST RIGHT HERE"

Seriously, it just gave you more experience. It didn't revolutionize anything.