Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More informative material on PlaneShift.

TaladTalad PlaneShift DeveloperMember UncommonPosts: 83

If you are interested in learning more about PlaneShift project, here are two useful links:

http://www.crystalspace3d.org/downloads/conference_2006/planeshift_conf.pdf

http://crystalspace3d.org/downloads/conference_2006/movies/ps_big_xvid.avi

The first is a slide presentation which gives you overall idea of current status, roadmap and numbers. The presentation is 1 year old, so some parts may have changed.

The second link is the actual video, quite long to go through, but can give you additional information.

Enjoy PlaneShift.

Come to play or enhance our game PlaneShift!

Comments

• TaladTalad PlaneShift DeveloperMember UncommonPosts: 83

There are a number of nice movies about PlaneShift on youtube.com just go there and search for PlaneShift mmorpg. Those videos are not official, but made by players.

• Marcus79Marcus79 Member Posts: 24

That's the kind of material we need!

• KrivladKrivlad Member Posts: 34

I'm really excited about Planeshift, but I'm not sure if it is better to wait until its status is final; to download and play it or not.
    Many people here are saying that the game is still very much in its beginnings and that there's really nothing much to do ingame. Is this true?
    I'm highly anticipating this game and I would like to try it out as soon as possible but I'm not sure I can. What do you guys think?

Former Hard Core member at only 25 posts.

Pretty good question, and very debated. I think PlaneShift can already provide some good fun, as long as you don't expect it to be completed. If you like seeing a project progress, and tell your friends: "I was there already in early versions" then you definitely have to try it out. If you expect a final product and are annoyed by bugs or crashes, then you should wait.

• WaoknieWaoknie Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Krivlad

I'm really excited about Planeshift, but I'm not sure if it is better to wait until its status is final; to download and play it or not.

Many people here are saying that the game is still very much in its beginnings and that there's really nothing much to do ingame. Is this true?

I'm highly anticipating this game and I would like to try it out as soon as possible but I'm not sure I can. What do you guys think?
    Krivlad, I've been playing it since last april. There are so many things one can do in game that listing them would take quite some time. Of course anyone can try it.

IMO, The good thing about it being in a development stage is that on every update, one looks forward to discover what's new in it.

The new client is already available for download and the server will be open soon. Enjoy it!

• moteyalphamoteyalpha Member Posts: 32

I had not read this before and the links are invaluable, I looked at some of the videos and they were hilarious, I actually will have to ask some of the people how they did that. The game quality seems better than the videos on you tube but that may be a frame rate or pixels issue. I have some links that I found and when I can get them all together I will provide them.