Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question about eve system

lolzzalolzza Member Posts: 13

its in space only or i can land on some planets?

Comments

• XandorXandor Member UncommonPosts: 49

It is space, and you can dock in stations, but you never leave your ship.  So take a good look at your avatar during creation, because it's the only close up look that you'll see of it.

Unless there's a way to view it closer again, but I haven't found it.

And I don't think it detracts from the experience, I want to like this game, and I think that I'm coming around to it.

• zurvanzurvan Member Posts: 3

It's not quite a MMORPG version of Elite - which is a shame - but it's pretty close.
    The planets are more for display i think :-)

• BodiLBodiL Member Posts: 12

Yes...

But in the future it will be meteor storms and thinks like that so CCP is working to get a new more beautiful space to travel in :) And thats good for right now i think that all systems looks the same. Well not the colours...

------------
    Over And Out...
    ------------

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

Comming sometime in Q3 will be a major game patch, named Shiva.  This patch, will not bring in an out-of-ship element, but will introduce more interaction with the physical environment through the building of player created bases; using a system we are all likely familiar to from all RTS games.  Control tower / energy gatherers / production / defence / etc.. type buildings will allow further expansion of corporations and alliances into the periphery of Eve.  The interaction with the physical environment will come in two ways, one will be that the bases will in some way provide control over territory in Eve, the other other is that these bases, set up at moons, will in some way gather income from the moon; different moons are said to gather different resources (some not mineral in nature and thus produced by people).  I know this in no way represents out-of-ship activity, but if you see my meaning it does represent a further immersion in the physical environment. 

there seems to be no intent at the moment to move towards out-of-ship game elements, but i is a matter that is raised alot.  i would love to see a 3d station environment, or a Descent 1 like mining / combat element, or a FPS like element on planets or a ...... but im not gona hold my breath.

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

I know CCP has said that in the future, planets will play a much larger role in the EVE Universe. I know that you will be able to fly around on the planet because some screenshots were leaked a while back that showe an executioner and an ibis flying around on two different planets. I'm not sure if you will be able to dock at stations on the planets. Right now CCP hasn't really revealed much about the future of planets in EVE.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Achiever 46%, Socializer 33%, Explorer 33%

Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• KrolmKrolm Member Posts: 16

The Executioner and ibis screens are fake. In time you will be able to 'claim' moons, (planets later?) by building stations in its orbit, and you will get free ore image

check this page and click Unclassified in-house dev animation

http://www.eve-online.com/features/shiva/deployables/

• CondorCondor Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Zipeh

Comming sometime in Q3 will be a major game patch, named Shiva. 

I would not count on Shiva coming out in Q3 of 2004, but 'might' be possible that it will be ready in Q3 of 2005.  CCP constantly is saying things will be in Shiva to keep players in the game, but what they propose to put into Shiva is quite extensive.  Player Owned Stations was supposed to be out a year ago yet it is still being pushed as a feature of Shiva instead.

• natasnatas Member Posts: 135

Player owned stations have been out for a very long time now.

Quote from Eve website.

"The next major release of EVE Online, codenamed Shiva, will bring to EVE even further improvements and content that Castor did. With the introduction of player owned structures, EVE will be come a game of true territorial conquest, even more so than the introduction of Player Conquerable Stations. "

/Betas
    Saga Of Ryzom
    Lineage 2
    Everquest 2
    ==================
    /BBS Betas
    Tradewars
    Mutants
    Crossroads of the Elements

Mooooo™

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265
    aye.. player owned stations have been in since the castor patch back in the winter. and although ccp are invariably late with their patches i do beleive that it iwll be release before q3 2005 image

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by Krolm
    The Executioner and ibis screens are fake.

Nope, they are real. One of the devs posted those images on the forums several months after they were leaked, and they are hosted on the official eve online site. He also said that they are real screenshots. Everyone thought that they were fake when they were first leaked, but they turned out to be real.

Killer 86%, Achiever 46%, Socializer 33%, Explorer 33%

Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• DienekesDienekes Member Posts: 484

Player owned stations are in the game but what is released in Shiva are outposts that you can actually physically place.  Can you do that now with current stations?  I was under the belief you could only take ones that are already there.

Shiva allows you to establish your own around a moon and then upgrade it with different modules...you can then expand and have more than one.

"Feel free to hate me, but hate me for the right reasons."

"Your still ignorant if you believe the first thing you see when the blindfold is removed."

"Be smart enough to know I'm smarter than you."

• CondorCondor Member Posts: 11
    POS - Player Owned Stations are different that Conquerable Stations that are in Eve right now.