Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO should I play?

While waiting for Darkfall I need your advice for an MMO to play. Every one of them has good and bad comments, and I can't decide which to play. I'm into sandbox type MMO's, Roleplaying is more important than graphics, but graphics are still important. Please post what game you think I should play while waiting for Darkfall (and you never know how long of a wait that is gonna be).

Among The Shadows
http://atsdf.com/

Comments

• InferumInferum Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Runefruit10

While waiting for Darkfall...

Lol vaporware.

• Runefruit10Runefruit10 Member Posts: 42

You're smart enough to know I didn't post this to debate that.

Among The Shadows

Did someone said Age of Mourning?

Well what is your opinion of the best MMO then?

Among The Shadows

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

Originally posted by Inferum

Did someone said Age of Mourning?

its obvious with that statement that you're a 12 year old kid who heard trolls saying its vaporware and said hey, why not join in...

My god...

TO THE OP: Anyway I suggest maybe Fury?

nvm

Right now? None, there is DAoC but it is quite old (6 years old). WoW just gets boring fast/after awhile so don't play that. Do you want new games?

Tabula Rasa comes out soon, but it isn't anything great it's just a sci-fi version of SUN.

Hellgate London? Not bad but it isn't an MMORPG, just like Guild Wars.

Fury? Pretty okay, but it's gets really old after a while. It's not MMO though, it's PvP gameplay.

You could wait for AoC or WAR, but they won't come out for a while.

For me DAoC is the best MMO so far, but it's dying off.

Originally posted by GormandY

in his opinion its World of Warcraft im almost certain :P

Lol fail.

Alright...I'm not going to make my final decision until I get alot of votes from alot of people though.

Among The Shadows

Lol fail.

Do learn to speak though, oh well I was wrong but most of the people like you are WoW kiddies :)

I was thinking of playing DAoC but so many people were saying its just dying off. Not enough people playing anymore.

Among The Shadows

• tsao284tsao284 Member Posts: 91

If your a roleplaying type and like different types of classes then i suggest everquest 2.

Lol fail.

Do learn to speak though, oh well I was wrong but most of the people like you are WoW kiddies :)

Yeah right, I am certainly older then you. So why don't you shut up, huh? I speak better english then you could ever speak my primary language.

Originally posted by tsao284

If your a roleplaying type and like different types of classes then i suggest everquest 2.

... Did someone say Vanguard: CoH?

I was thinking of playing DAoC but so many people were saying its just dying off. Not enough people playing anymore.

The problem is there are 2 types of servers:

The Classic Server (which I do not like because it cuts off some expansions, the server is also made easier)

The ToA servers (which are the ones I like, but most people play on the classic server)

So the game still has people playing, but they are just all over the servers. I think Mythic (or whatever the hell they are called now) should cut up some servers.

Lol fail.

Yeah right, I am certainly older then you. So why don't you shut up, huh? I speak better english then you could ever speak my primary language.

Lol... You're contradicting what you said. "I speak better english then you could ever speak my primary language"

And I dont care how old you are, you just dont seem to act like a person over 21. Yeah, maybe you're older than me - but I would still say alot less mature.

TO THE OP: Well DAoC is old and I would say pretty much dead, the classic or w/e servers are pretty much populated at times... but its not worth starting now. I personally am going to get Hellgate London.

If you're battling for age here let me just say im 13 =P

I also don't want suggestions for games Under Developement because as I said I'm waiting for Darkfall, which is NOT vaporware. Beta this winter

Among The Shadows

Lol fail.

Lol... You're contradicting what you said. "I speak better english then you could ever speak my primary language"

And I dont care how old you are, you just dont seem to act like a person over 21. Yeah, maybe you're older than me - but I would still say alot less mature.

TO THE OP: Well DAoC is old and I would say pretty much dead, the classic or w/e servers are pretty much populated at times... but its not worth starting now. I personally am going to get Hellgate London.

Gramar nazi huh?  I said primary instead of "main" omg sue me, what a little *** lol. And 21? I am way older.

Hellgate London isn't an MMORPG, main reason why it was not added on the MMORPG list.

Oh and DAoC is worth starting, there is a website that tells you how much people are connected on DAoC servers and which servers are the most populated. Personally I would say try DAoC, the game had 6 years to be great. 6 years of patches, really what else could you ask for?

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

I also don't want suggestions for games Under Developement because as I said I'm waiting for Darkfall, which is NOT vaporware. Beta this winter

Just here to say that this is not the first time Darkfall went into beta [first time was 8 years ago i think].

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

Well see about beta, about games released now. They where all dispointing. Vanguard, Everquest 2, Dark and Light, WoW.

Your best bet is either DAoC or if you prefer WoW (because it has a huge community). Seriously everyone keeps on waiting for a "good" MMO, but since nowdays all have failed to dethrone WoW people keep on playing WoW. So yeah, you got 2 choices.

Tell you what here:

Dark Age of Camelot

World of Warcraft

Final Fantasy XI

Non-MMORPG:

Hellgate London

Guild Wars

Okay you got the list, now choose wisely.

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

While waiting for Darkfall I need your advice for an MMO to play. Every one of them has good and bad comments, and I can't decide which to play. I'm into sandbox type MMO's, Roleplaying is more important than graphics, but graphics are still important. Please post what game you think I should play while waiting for Darkfall (and you never know how long of a wait that is gonna be).

I'm sorry, but your thread has been flamed.  The sad part is that the people flaming you are 20 year olds.  It would seem that they are more immature than an actual 13 year old.  All you had to do was mention Darkfall. =/

'tsao284' was the only person to answer your question with something that actually fits your preferences.  While Everquest 2 could be a good choice, you might want to check out Saga of Ryzom as well.  It's not all that popular, but it is a good 'sandbox type' game with a great community and plenty of role play. 

• SymoneSymone Member Posts: 277

Lol fail.

Lol... You're contradicting what you said. "I speak better english than you could ever speak my primary language"

EHHHHH WRONG!

Just teasing you don't hate

To the OP maybe try EQ2

Originally posted by Symone

Lol fail.

Lol... You're contradicting what you said. "I speak better english than you could ever speak my primary language"

EHHHHH WRONG!

Just teasing you don't hate

To the OP maybe try EQ2

Mokay let him try EQ2...

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

Ryzom is closing down, very sad about that.

If you like lots of classes and making choices when you level then EQ2 is great but WoW could also be a choice WoW also has better pvp.

Otherwise, if pvp is a priority I would suggest you try DAoC even if it is old.

Sandbox games are rare and Ryzom was one but with that gone, if sandbox is a priority I would suggest Vanguard. But only if you have a good computer, it is a much better game than the reputation it has.

Originally posted by OBK1

Ryzom is closing down, very sad about that.

If you like lots of classes and making choices when you level then EQ2 is great but WoW could also be a choice WoW also has better pvp.

Otherwise, if pvp is a priority I would suggest you try DAoC even if it is old.

Sandbox games are rare and Ryzom was one but with that gone, if sandbox is a priority I would suggest Vanguard. But only if you have a good computer, it is a much better game than the reputation it has.

I was actually agreeing with this post until right there. Lol no terrible suggestion.