Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The UT3 Demo!

i have been waiting for this for a long time

and now its finally available!

cant give any impressions as i am currently downloading, but i really cannot wait

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

360?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Their not doing a console demo.  PC only

member of imminst.org

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

I plan on downloading it as soon as I get home from work. :D

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Played it.

Well.. it's ut :P But with great graphics and some new cool things... but not a whole lot. Anyways, it's a beta and I'll wait with judging it till they release a retail product.

It's also pretty laggy. I mean, you won't find a server where there aren't a somewhat big delay on. We're talking about 200 ms from clicking your mouse till your weapon fires(and it's not my comp, the game is completely smooth, high settings, in instant action)

Also, the server browser is full of bugs.

Aside from that, it's a pretty sweet game.

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by Jackcolt

It's also pretty laggy. I mean, you won't find a server where there aren't a somewhat big delay on. We're talking about 200 ms from clicking your mouse till your weapon fires(and it's not my comp, the game is completely smooth, high settings, in instant action)

You're an idiot.  People have to buy servers that are hosted in the U.S. before you see a good ping.  A good friend of mine pre-ordered a public server for the demo, and he can't even get it up until another two days.

Its not a game's fault that the servers lag.  Its either your isp or a crappy company is hosting your/their server.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

Originally posted by kel11

You're an idiot.  People have to buy servers that are hosted in the U.S. before you see a good ping.  A good friend of mine pre-ordered a public server for the demo, and he can't even get it up until another two days.

Its not a game's fault that the servers lag.  Its either your isp or a crappy company is hosting your/their server.

Did you even play the game?

The browser doesn't work:

- It can't sort correct

- Ping is inaccurate(obviously)

- And you'll often get the "connect failed" on nearly full servers

This is ok as it's a beta demo, but the networking really isn't from what I've experienced. I did try a couple of servers that were alright, but since the browser is pretty much broken it's difficult to see where the server was just bad, or the following that the server software isn't tweaked yet.

Saying "Its not a game's fault that the servers lag.  Its either your isp or a crappy company is hosting your/their server" Only shows your complete ignorance towards game networking. The game has nothing to with servers lagging? Of course not. If you buy a good enough server, any shitty piece of code can be run with good results.

And why would I want to go to an US server? You mind want to check my profile information, I'm from Denmark. That aside, my ISP is fine, and I have no problem with any other FPS I play of that kind.

So it's narrowed down the 3 things:

Either all the servers I tried had noticible lag issues

Networking code still needs some work

I couldn't find the good servers because of the browser

Next time, don't be an asshole when replying.

Also, I suggest you download the demo and see for yourself. If don't want to do that, or if your computer can't run it, go check the beta forums.

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

well i personally absolutely love the game

i am so glad that they didnt change the UT feel and style

the graphics are great

i did however also have trouble with internet games, pings were extremely high and the server browser thing was messed up kinda

but once they get some good servers i cannot wait!

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

I'm not really excited about the game since I find FPS using a time period based setup and unlimited respawns to be a little boring.  However, the engine  I can't wait to get my hands on that level editor and make some awesome levels and game mods.  Woot to working with an actual good level editor that also has good shader support.  I'm also getting Crysis and Project Offset just to use its engine.

Originally posted by CleffyII

I'm not really excited about the game since I find FPS using a time period based setup and unlimited respawns to be a little boring.  However, the engine  I can't wait to get my hands on that level editor and make some awesome levels and game mods.  Woot to working with an actual good level editor that also has good shader support.  I'm also getting Crysis and Project Offset just to use its engine.
    that reminds me, the crysis demo comes out in 3 days

its a good time to be an FPS player

• ProtestProtest Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by kel11

So that makes him an idiot?

Ahh.. the days of being an insecure elitist douche.. oh how I miss them.

“We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time.”
    -T.S. Eliot

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649
    Originally posted by CleffyII

Can i just say that i love the modding communiy in PC games

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

UT3=Unreal Tournament 3? I thought that was a old game?

Originally posted by Godliest

first part: yes

second part: no, there have been more than 3 unreal games, but this is the third one to have the tournament part slapped on there (it was going to be Unreal Tournament 2007, yet this changed a few months back i believe)

Ok I just found a lag free server :D

It's pretty hard because the browser is so bugged(imagine how a 36 ping would lag?) Anyways, I found a server I usually play on in other games - Multiplay.co.uk

Played for about an hour with my brother... frecking awesome!

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by b0rderline99

Originally posted by Godliest

second part: no, there have been more than 3 unreal games, but this is the third one to have the tournament part slapped on there (it was going to be Unreal Tournament 2007, yet this changed a few months back i believe)

Unreal Tournament (the original)

Unreal Tournament 2003

Unreal Tournament 2004

Unreal Tournament 3

well i always kinda couple 2003 and 2004 together cuz they are essentially the same game

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by b0rderline99
    Originally posted by Godliest UT3=Unreal Tournament 3? I thought that was a old game?

Okay. Yeah, thought it was strange since I knew I had play UT200x something.

AFAIK It changed name from Unreal Tournament 2007 to Unreal Tournament 3. I think they use the number 3, because they utilize their new Unreal Engine 3.