Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My opinion!

DarkRaoDarkRao Member Posts: 3

I actually have never played WoW or EQ1 or EQ2! But since the only 2 mmos i was playing were RS and Terra World, ArchLord is a million times better for me! Its got great graphics for a f2p game and RS is kinda fun but lacks in many ways like, you have to pay monthly just to a member just to be able to play with  a slightly bigger world, well kinda and a horrible ( In Graphics wise) game! And the other few things are some extra armor! Its a waist of money, my friend spent $60 on a years subscription and got banned 2 days after subscription just for advertising a website! Anyway as I was saying to begin with, ArchLord is by far worth the download, even tho it only took 20 MINUTES on my pc! HAHA! LOL

Nothing really, just a Archlord addict.

Comments

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

It's nice to see something positive about this game, which I have been enjoying for a little while now. Welcome to AL!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• VadenVaden Member UncommonPosts: 145

Oh yea, great game.... it use to be P2P so thats probably why it looks or seems better then the average Free MMO. But as a P2P game it sux because it's so unstable.... crashes from time to time, big bot issue now and gil sellers and pvp/player balance issues.

But overall, a nice game... crashes are mild usually.... might have to deal with over crouded servers but thats probably do to lv1 exploiting and spam bots/gil sellers

I've heard people say its better then LoTR but i dont know... i've never played it.

Games I've Played: SilkRoad, Flyff, NeoCron, PlanetSide, Rapplez, UpshiftRacer, Drift City, TB, Kwonho, ArchLord, AoA, Exteel, WolfTeam, Shaiyan, WoKF, FFXIV, STO, KoTR, ESO, Defiance, Mabinogi

Games I'm Playing: Warframe/STO

Games I'm Pondering: The Secret World

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

I would have to say this is one of the best f2p mmos I've ever played.

• DarkRaoDarkRao Member Posts: 3

Thanks Wolf! Yeah and if anyone thinks this game is impossible to enjoy! Just try it, its really addicting!

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by DarkRao

Thanks Wolf! Yeah and if anyone thinks this game is impossible to enjoy! Just try it, its really addicting!
    I wouldn't say it is anymore addicting that any game that you spend time leveling on...leveling is like crack, it is always difficult to stop even if you don't like it.

That being said...I do not know what to make of the game quite yet.  I enjoy leveling (the whole crack thing) and the graphics are decent (btw...I have no problems playing it on my widescreen as some people have said).  I have not been PKed yet then again I only downloaded it on Friday night and have made it to level 11 on the new server, the thought has crossed my mind to PK someone else just to try it out but then I thought I will let them continue live the dream of not getting PKed as well.

My main issues so far are these:

1)  Deletion of quest necessary NPC's (i.e. the Guild Registar in Delfara(SP?)...it no longer exists).  I thought this was pretty funny at first, but now I wonder if this will occur more and how long would/will it take to fix this.

2)  I am trying to figure out if this game is trying to be more of a sandbox or quest-centric game?  God knows there are enough quests in the first human town to keep you running around for a few hours but then as they run dry you are almost in the "now what" category.  There have been so many quests you keep expecting one to lead to another and so on.  Not one to be put off I travelled to the next town (again the Delfara(sp?) area...only 3-4 quests in that huge ass city...kinda disappointing.  Mobs don't give a lot of experience as it is so the quests seem kind of necessary.  If it is a more sandbox game then I am down with that, I just would like to have an idea so I am just not skipping whole parts of a story.

3) The whole gold selling thing gets old pretty quick and I can't just turn off shout as that is how 90% of the people are talking.  It almost seems like the gold sellers are sanctioned...but anyways...every game has it's share.

Random question:

Because I have not read too far into anything as I am mostly feeling out the game play, is there a way to "salvage" elemental gems off of items or are they on for good? 

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• DarkRaoDarkRao Member Posts: 3

Thats pretty awesome! How do u become a better member, like advanced or elite?

• SpiderlegsSpiderlegs Member Posts: 25

Nice Graphic's, and combat system seems good lvl22 mage you get AOE skill and its effective unlike them grind-fest f2p that you have to wait 20lvls more before u got points to use the damn thing to deal dmg.

cant see how this could have been retail + subs on the servers they use maybe they downgraded servers when it went f2p, but the lag is more like time travel, forget playing weekends weekdays non peak times still laggs alot.

dont get me wrong its a good game just annoyed you cant play it and enjoy it due to lagg, seem like every 5 min ppl shouts questions or other :) about lagg. cash shop could use better items as i cant see how there gonna survive with what they are selling ATM.

this would be near top of my list of mmos the lag isa big issue for me and my game pals :( with GM's that feel there job is to only police the game like a dictatorship , really gives a good game a bad light

Originally posted by Spiderlegs

Nice Graphic's, and combat system seems good lvl22 mage you get AOE skill and its effective unlike them grind-fest f2p that you have to wait 20lvls more before u got points to use the damn thing to deal dmg.
    cant see how this could have been retail + subs on the servers they use maybe they downgraded servers when it went f2p, but the lag is more like time travel, forget playing weekends weekdays non peak times still laggs alot.
    dont get me wrong its a good game just annoyed you cant play it and enjoy it due to lagg, seem like every 5 min ppl shouts questions or other :) about lagg. cash shop could use better items as i cant see how there gonna survive with what they are selling ATM.
    this would be near top of my list of mmos the lag isa big issue for me and my game pals :( with GM's that feel there job is to only police the game like a dictatorship , really gives a good game a bad light

How much ram do you have? If you have a gig or less, you should think about getting that extra stick now. I upgraded to 2 gigs of ddr2 800 recently, and all my lag problems were fixed across the board, not just in Archlord, but in all my online games. Online games require more buffer space (cache) than single player games, and upgrading it (and possibly g-card too if its old), should alleviate your lag problems, it did for me, the game runs smooth as butter now. Also what kind of internet connection you have? I use cable, so I knew it wasn't my connection. I believe that dsl is significantly slower, so that might also be the culprit, if that is what you run on.  Just thought I might try to help you figure out your problem spider, as like I said earlier, I experience no such lag problems in this game anymore, nor any other game for that matter, since my ram upgrade.

Originally posted by DarkRao

Thats pretty awesome! How do u become a better member, like advanced or elite?

You become a better member by how often you post, and how much you post. Let's say you are a hardcore member, and you just up and quit posting for a couple months, you may log in to find that you have been downgraded, maybe even back to apprentice. Your level of activity on the forums determines your member status.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Anything is better compared to runescape...

• SpiderlegsSpiderlegs Member Posts: 25

joey , not my system im sure of it  c2d e6600 , 4gig ddr2 dual channel, gf8600 gts , more than any mmo game requires, not suffering frame lag, its server side, comp is practically idle under usage yet you skip allover the place when you try and move, you just gotta look at chat for 10mins in extravagze server, how ever its spelt :) you will see most ppl moaning ,, even getting teleported to areas where players cant access ,, like under bridges :)

not tryed other servers could be that server is shareing system, with another channel.

:)

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

Originally posted by Vaden
    Oh yea, great game.... it use to be P2P so thats probably why it looks or seems better then the average Free MMO. But as a P2P game it sux because it's so unstable.... crashes from time to time, big bot issue now and gil sellers and pvp/player balance issues.
    But overall, a nice game... crashes are mild usually.... might have to deal with over crouded servers but thats probably do to lv1 exploiting and spam bots/gil sellers
    I've heard people say its better then LoTR but i dont know... i've never played it.

Really, we're talking about ArchLord in the ArchLord forum. I'm pretty sure you took a wrong turn off the Final Fantasy forum. AL had gold, not gil.

Bots...don't recall any, been on two servers with characters past level 25, guess I'm blind though that doesn't make sense since I saw them plenty in EVE and Lineage 2, must have lost my sight since.

Crashes, my sound crashes me when you click an NPC after playing for a long time, randomly. I turned off sound effects and crank up Winamp with my favorite tunes, not a crash since, so it's pretty stable with one problem. That's not any worse than any of the games I've played before.

Gil sellers are in FF, not AL, but there are credit sellers...trying to sell paid for Chantra Credits for in game gold mostly, no big deal there, give people not willing to put out real cash a way to get some items not otherwise available to them and gives people who are willing to put out real cash a stream of gold easily. I've not seen a lot of spam on this either. Usually one or two shouts here and there. I guess I am deaf...or is that blind again, it's hard to tell in an RPG since you read what you hear.

There are no PvP issues that I can tell, other than the game seems pretty well balanced and there is no real reward or loss to it outside of sieges, not a big deal there, as stated before, the playground PKing that happens in other open PvP games is not going on, nothing to complain about.

Overcrowed servers? Not until they launched the game free, then it wasn't too bad, but they added a third server, where's this issue.

To sum up what I have said:
    "What are you talking about?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

Originally posted by Spiderlegs

joey , not my system im sure of it  c2d e6600 , 4gig ddr2 dual channel, gf8600 gts , more than any mmo game requires, not suffering frame lag, its server side, comp is practically idle under usage yet you skip allover the place when you try and move, you just gotta look at chat for 10mins in extravagze server, how ever its spelt :) you will see most ppl moaning ,, even getting teleported to areas where players cant access ,, like under bridges :)
    not tryed other servers could be that server is shareing system, with another channel.
    :)

I've heard of the game having problems with vista currently, do you have vista? If so, try switching the .exe

to xp compatability and see if that fixes your issues. It is most definately not a hardware issue, so maybe its an os one.