Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW VS AoC...Best MMO of 08 Battle.

13»

Comments

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by Thatim
    Well, my bets are on that TCOS is going to beat WAR for sure and maybe AoC. It's more revolutionair and stuff. But well I dont even know why I am saying this, because I am pretty sure the next reply is from a fanboy from another MMORPG. But I guess we will see it in a few months image

Seeing as how your post is from the perspective as a fanboy from another game, the reason you would have an ounce of surprise would be?

/sarcasm off

• ThatimThatim Member Posts: 240

Well, to be honest, I aint that much of a fanboy. Just waiting for  a nice mmorpg that is following up my WoW. May it be Conan, WAR or TCOS, I dont really care as long as I am having fun.

But just as I said, my BETS are on TCOS.

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

Honestly i never understood the reason of these stupid posts...

If u are having fun in wow, stay in wow. Why do u even bother to compare two games, u cant say one is better than the other, just which one u have the most fun with.

Hell some people are enjoying themselves in runescape

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

Chuck Norris MMO will rule all, AoC or WAR or WoW or ANY other game is no match for it.

• Sovren1Sovren1 Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by GormandY
    Chuck Norris MMO will rule all, AoC or WAR or WoW or ANY other game is no match for it.

"One Chuck to rule them all!" Lord of the Lames.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

hahaha not even a contest...if AoC will be as good as it appears to be...WoW will be slaughtered. nuff said

• airstrikeairstrike Member UncommonPosts: 373

No MMOG will detrone WoW sub numbers because it is a simple game with simple mechanics,it doesnt not require a good comp to run at atleast med settings.AoC will be complex and will have a huge system requirment,not to mention since it's more FPS oriented (you aim and swing your sword were you want) will cause alot of lag and will need a ton of tweaking,warhammer will be better than AoC for the sole fact that it will have lesser system requirments.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by airstrike

No MMOG will detrone WoW sub numbers because it is a simple game with simple mechanics,it doesnt not require a good comp to run at atleast med settings.AoC will be complex and will have a huge system requirment,not to mention since it's more FPS oriented (you aim and swing your sword were you want) will cause alot of lag and will need a ton of tweaking,warhammer will be better than AoC for the sole fact that it will have lesser system requirments.
    Yep Pentium 3 wont cut it for AoC. They are aiming on system requirements based on released tech 3 years ago.

I mean you do have to be kinda forward thinking in this industry otherwise there will come at time when better things can be done and you wont be able to play on your old P3 256mb. Internet connect and broadband is previlant today across the world, atleast AoC is taking advantage of making their game dual and Quad core optimised along with the ability to run the client in 64 bit and have support for dx9 and dx10 isnt backwards thinking. More mmorpg makers should embrace technology and try to use it to its full potential. Oblivion sold 4 million copies, AoC aims to have system requirements just under that game also appealing right up to the high end. The market is there - proven.

Subscription numbers have never been used to mark a game on how good it is. If people want to be a sheep then thats up to them, the game should be judged on its own merits.

System requirements don't make a game good either. Everyone would still play their first or favourite mmo if so. Not to mention I'm sure the average mmorpg'er plays other games, and most that game out this year only support shadel model 2 cards and up.