Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

everquest movie

nmefirenmefire Member UncommonPosts: 13

accord'n 2 ign.com,  sony pictures will team up w/ former marvel exec. avi arad 2 bring everquest 2 the big screen.

"kill them, kill them all!"

Comments

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Is this just a rumor? if not, that is awesome, I will def go see it if it comes out.

• nmefirenmefire Member UncommonPosts: 13

no it's not a rumor.  the story was confirm' by 'variety' magazine.  i got the story from the scifi.com rss feed, but when i hit the link 4 the original story it didn't open.  i'll try 2 look it up @ scifi.com when i have a chance.  if u get more details let me no.

• JKJKJKJK Member Posts: 41

I'm really really hoping they don't screw this up and make it a half-arsed corny film. Something epic along the lines of the Lord of the Rings movie would be awesome.

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

I'v seen several articles to this nature.  I'll believe it when I see it.

In all honesty, I really don't see how it would be any good.  Ill make a more educated opinion when I see who is producing.

• coorsman66coorsman66 Member UncommonPosts: 87

imageFuck the world, for all its worth,Every inch of planet earth!image

• nmefirenmefire Member UncommonPosts: 13

yeah tell me about. remember what they did 2 the 'dungeons & dragon' movie w/ justin whalin.  im still hop'n sum1 will redo it.  if they do it will b long time from now after all the orginal was just made less than 10 yrs ago.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Interesting because I had said back in 2000 or right around that time on other forums that it would be cool to have a movie that was made from EQ1 at the time.

Would be nice to see this and I think if done right like LOTR it would need to be mostly CG for the fantasy part of it and you can't get any better then the LOTR movies special affects.

I would watch it but it can't be corny and it would need to have epic weapons in it.

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

Could this be what you are referring to?

Other than this, which isn't an EQ1 movie, the only contact I can google between the two companies (in under 5 minutes) is Marvel sues Sony over Spiderman...

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

IGN link discussing SOE movie

movies.ign.com/articles/825/825306p1.html