Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why runescape is going down the tube...

Supah_FlySupah_Fly Member Posts: 4
Gold sites, Very big impact on the game just like macroing. Macroing is a afk (away from keyboard) bot which are so frekin annoying >.<. You see them ALL the time around places like, Edgeville, Flax, Draynor, Seers +. Jagex also runs gold sites, Yeah, Cheap idiots. They run sits like gold4rs and rsgoldnow. Why? To get extra cash. Also you know what else they do which drives non-members away? They give all the non-mems who send messages into jagex standard messages tell us to buy membership and good luck with w/e. You could call them alot of stuff and theyd just say good luck or some stupid shit. The game sucks for non-members. Ive been playing for less then one year, Im the best at my school.. And I just quit a while back but I have my own rs site. -.-

Would you seriously pay for a game that isnt as popular as jagex say it is? My friend thinks that jagex just rigs all the servers to say "1900" users on at a time. There isnt gonna be any rs3 comin out soon but Ive seen like over 50 phishers that steal your rs account. >.< Stupid pixel huggers scam you in game and then wreck your cash so then you end up like me.. Quit cold turkey because of all these frekin macroers and scammers all over the place. In non member worlds you cant sell anything costly (worth over 50k lolololol) without noobs coming up to you and asking if you can make em full steal.

Last time I played rs I had 3 lvl 80s and one lvl 112. 8m total along with 3 whips and 4 full dharoks. Why did I quit if I had enough money? Because the game litterally sucks and there are more way better then it. Scammers and macroers galore which probably sell stuff in black markets for cash. I mean, Seriously.. How outta hand has this game gotten. You cant search for decent mmorpgs without getting "Runescape" "Runescape gold!" "Guides for runescape". Basically internet is bein taken over by Jagex and its truly sad. I mean seriously, Jagex are so freakin rich why dont they get outta that java crap and make a real game eh?

Comments

• wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346

pretty much the same thing that led me to quit. i was trading dragon chain and the person put up 40 mil, and i was like "omg noob haha" and then it went to the confirmation screen and it clearly said 40 mil, and we traded and i look in my inventory and there was just 28k sitting there and no dragon chain. . . so i just logged out and never logged back in

• Dracon777Dracon777 Member Posts: 26

I dropped after they started adding all kinds of trash skills and lame quests... The general game play was pretty lame by comparison to other games I have played... I switched to Rappelz, Archlord... am currently testing Mythos... DOWN WITH RUNESCAPE!!!!

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Supah_Fly

Jagex also runs gold sites, Yeah, Cheap idiots. They run sits like gold4rs and rsgoldnow. Why? To get extra cash.

N0.

?

• JonnyHelfireJonnyHelfire Member Posts: 125

Gold sites, Very big impact on the game just like macroing. Macroing is a afk (away from keyboard) bot which are so frekin annoying >.<. You see them ALL the time around places like, Edgeville, Flax, Draynor, Seers +. Jagex also runs gold sites, Yeah, Cheap idiots. They run sits like gold4rs and rsgoldnow. Why? To get extra cash. Also you know what else they do which drives non-members away? They give all the non-mems who send messages into jagex standard messages tell us to buy membership and good luck with w/e. You could call them alot of stuff and theyd just say good luck or some stupid shit. The game sucks for non-members. Ive been playing for less then one year, Im the best at my school.. And I just quit a while back but I have my own rs site. -.- Would you seriously pay for a game that isnt as popular as jagex say it is? My friend thinks that jagex just rigs all the servers to say "1900" users on at a time. There isnt gonna be any rs3 comin out soon but Ive seen like over 50 phishers that steal your rs account. >.< Stupid pixel huggers scam you in game and then wreck your cash so then you end up like me.. Quit cold turkey because of all these frekin macroers and scammers all over the place. In non member worlds you cant sell anything costly (worth over 50k lolololol) without noobs coming up to you and asking if you can make em full steal. Last time I played rs I had 3 lvl 80s and one lvl 112. 8m total along with 3 whips and 4 full dharoks. Why did I quit if I had enough money? Because the game litterally sucks and there are more way better then it. Scammers and macroers galore which probably sell stuff in black markets for cash. I mean, Seriously.. How outta hand has this game gotten. You cant search for decent mmorpgs without getting "Runescape" "Runescape gold!" "Guides for runescape". Basically internet is bein taken over by Jagex and its truly sad. I mean seriously, Jagex are so freakin rich why dont they get outta that java crap and make a real game eh?

Didn't you say you were a non - member? Then how the hell you get 3 whips and 4 sets of full Dharoks? I haven't played Runescape for ages, but I do remember they were member items.

• KrivladKrivlad Member Posts: 34

Jagex does not run goldsites, you freakin' idiot!
    And you keep on rambling on how RS sucks for non-members (who apparently have members items? you're a bad liar), well looky here, it is the members game which recieves 99/100 of the updates because they PAY! You cannot honestly expect to get updates when you aren't paying!
    And guess what, most MMORPGs have the problems of goldsites, autoers and scammers. Runescape is not the odd-one out, I'm sorry if you personally had a bad exerience, but that doesn't mean it is not a good game, either suck it up or go somewhere else, that's life and you're not special.

Former Hard Core member at only 25 posts.

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

If Jagex ran gold sites, they wouldn't ban hundreds of players every day for buying and selling gold. Jagex does not rig the servers to say they have 1900 players, they really do have 1900 players. They aren't going to make a "real game" because they don't know how to. Besides, they're called "JAva Gaming EXperts".

Why don't you go away and come back once you come up with some facts about Runescape that aren't complete lies?

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• JonnyHelfireJonnyHelfire Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Llamster

If Jagex ran gold sites, they wouldn't ban hundreds of players every day for buying and selling gold. Jagex does not rig the servers to say they have 1900 players, they really do have 1900 players. They aren't going to make a "real game" because they don't know how to. Besides, they're called "JAva Gaming EXperts".
    Why don't you go away and come back once you come up with some facts about Runescape that aren't complete lies?

Actually they still might ban players if they did ran the gold sites since they would want to be the only ones selling all the gold to get all the cash.

• Runefruit10Runefruit10 Member Posts: 42

If uve ever been to World 2 Falador, Seers, and Varrock youd know they dont rig the worlds to say that. And I met the gold4rs guy on runescape...his username is gold4rs....but I dont buy anything from those sites. So dont falsy accuse jagex of soemthing you have no proof of.

Among The Shadows
    http://atsdf.com/

• harshskaterharshskater Member Posts: 61

hmmm...

i think i kno y its going down the tube

mayb....

just mayb.......

...........it sucks and isnt fun?

• SkerzySkerzy Member Posts: 18

Down the tube?.. Maybe for you it is. The members in runescape (people who p2p) are increasing not decreasing. I still find it fun as well as millions of other people.

• harshskaterharshskater Member Posts: 61

lmao but it isnt fun at all

lol and only ppl who still play it and r gona continue to is ppl with shity cpus, ppl who hav never tryed any other game at all, ppl who play it as their first try to mmoing, and of course you.....:)

and u cant say im wrong with that

• SkerzySkerzy Member Posts: 18

Your point of view probably most people will agree with then not :( But anyway i play rs after quitting Eq2 amongst other games. Plus i still play WoW at the same time. I have friends on rs who have quit from Eq2, WoW, Ultima, Eve etc. But yes i also have friends and see random annoying young(er) people who obviously havent played any other mmo. My first mmo was rs classic. Played until about level 25 then the rs2 beta came out i played that then they released full version and i played until about level 30. By this time i had just reached about 10 years old or so and i moved on from it. Started playing some real games :) (rpg's :P) wild arms, final fantasy... Then when i hit 11 or 12 my brother started playing Eq2 and i joined him. When i was about 13 i came back to it and now im 15 next month and im still playing it and havent had thoughts about quitting (ive quit like 4 times and come back already). Thanks for readin mr rs basher man :)

• bobdorfbobdorf Member Posts: 17

Believe it or not, Jagex takes the gold farmers very seriously and bans thousands of them weekly. They've even begun using their mod accounts to personally come in-game and ban people they believe to be gold farmers, although honestly I've only heard them report doing so in Catherby for the fishing ones...so far. The company regularly expands its workforce to handle the consistently increasing number of players, and it is certainly their goal as a profitable business to keep people playing their game.  The fact that the gold farming industry has grown so rapidly in runescape is, I think, a testament to the popularity of the game; if no one liked runescape, why would anyone pay good money for runescape gold/items?

As to the person who said they were scammed...I can't explain how what you described could happen, but I can say that recent updates have made item-switching during trade (as switching 40m to 28k or whatever else) even more obvious (see for yourself sometime).

Anyone who says runescape has good graphics is clearly joking, but there's still something mildly addictive about the game. I've played EVE, Silkroad and others extensively, and I have to say runescape has been the hardest to walk away from without looking back. And I haven't even been a member since they came out with that 'farming skill' crap.

• deathjrjrjrdeathjrjrjr Member Posts: 1

yes it is goin down the tube but there is still honest ppl that play it that dont macro and if u didnt know it jagex is cracking down on macros

i like cereal

Originally posted by JonnyHelfire

Actually they still might ban players if they did ran the gold sites since they would want to be the only ones selling all the gold to get all the cash.

They ban ANYONE who is caught buying or selling gold. In fact, there have been a few incidents when they unfairly banned some players because they gave a lot of money to their friends. Buying or selling gold is the SECOND WORST OFFENCE that you can commit in RuneScape (autoing is the first). There's no way that Jagex runs gold sites.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670

They ban ANYONE who is caught buying or selling gold. In fact, there have been a few incidents when they unfairly banned some players because they gave a lot of money to their friends. Buying or selling gold is the SECOND WORST OFFENCE that you can commit in RuneScape (autoing is the first). There's no way that Jagex runs gold sites.

Yes and if Jagex would sell the gold themselves at a cheaper price they would make alot of profit and get rid of most gold sellers except for the few that would lower the price themselves, but I would just quit since I don't want to go through the trouble of getting the gold to sell for a cheap price. If they sold 1m gold for 3 dollars or so it won't unbalance the game as much if it were cheaper and all of you that play RS could say bye bye to most of the gold farmers. Not very many little kiddies would buy it since they can't afford it. The game is already unbalanced anyway so they might as well go for it. The tougher path of getting rid of all the gold farmers is very unprofitable, as a business I would take path number 1.

• macauley270macauley270 Member Posts: 3

omg jages dont run sites like rsgoldnow u noob stop blaming jagex u noob!!!!

runescape rules

Originally posted by Kaabulk

Yes and if Jagex would sell the gold themselves at a cheaper price they would make alot of profit and get rid of most gold sellers except for the few that would lower the price themselves, but I would just quit since I don't want to go through the trouble of getting the gold to sell for a cheap price. If they sold 1m gold for 3 dollars or so it won't unbalance the game as much if it were cheaper and all of you that play RS could say bye bye to most of the gold farmers. Not very many little kiddies would buy it since they can't afford it. The game is already unbalanced anyway so they might as well go for it. The tougher path of getting rid of all the gold farmers is very unprofitable, as a business I would take path number 1.

Jagex is WAY too stubborn to sell gold, they have had this "it's unfair too others who don't buy gold" policy since the beginning. Anyway, it would probably ruin the game economy.

• Amistad3000Amistad3000 Member Posts: 30

Gold sites, Very big impact on the game just like macroing. Macroing is a afk (away from keyboard) bot which are so frekin annoying >.<. You see them ALL the time around places like, Edgeville, Flax, Draynor, Seers +. Jagex also runs gold sites, Yeah, Cheap idiots. They run sits like gold4rs and rsgoldnow. Why? To get extra cash. Also you know what else they do which drives non-members away? They give all the non-mems who send messages into jagex standard messages tell us to buy membership and good luck with w/e. You could call them alot of stuff and theyd just say good luck or some stupid shit. The game sucks for non-members. Ive been playing for less then one year, Im the best at my school.. And I just quit a while back but I have my own rs site. -.- Would you seriously pay for a game that isnt as popular as jagex say it is? My friend thinks that jagex just rigs all the servers to say "1900" users on at a time. There isnt gonna be any rs3 comin out soon but Ive seen like over 50 phishers that steal your rs account. >.< Stupid pixel huggers scam you in game and then wreck your cash so then you end up like me.. Quit cold turkey because of all these frekin macroers and scammers all over the place. In non member worlds you cant sell anything costly (worth over 50k lolololol) without noobs coming up to you and asking if you can make em full steal. Last time I played rs I had 3 lvl 80s and one lvl 112. 8m total along with 3 whips and 4 full dharoks. Why did I quit if I had enough money? Because the game litterally sucks and there are more way better then it. Scammers and macroers galore which probably sell stuff in black markets for cash. I mean, Seriously.. How outta hand has this game gotten. You cant search for decent mmorpgs without getting "Runescape" "Runescape gold!" "Guides for runescape". Basically internet is bein taken over by Jagex and its truly sad. I mean seriously, Jagex are so freakin rich why dont they get outta that java crap and make a real game eh?
    OK..Firstly..You are obviously a member and are lying about having a free account etc. Secondly, I think you are lying about the 3 lvl 80 accounts and your 112. Mainly because if you got scammed under one account your other ones are OBVIOUSLY high enough to get more money. You don't need drag chain or any of those are ridiculously high priced items. Thats where you screwed up. You want all these items that are like over 1 mill and OBVIOUSLY someone is going to want it more than you and is most likely going to scam you. I am an RS Pro. I have been playing since it came out. You just make really big mistakes and you accuse Jagex of scamming etc. but you have no proof. If you don't believe that there are really 1900 people in one world then you must play in AL Kharid  all day or something since that area is never densly populated. Lol. Anyway, you have your opinions on RS but not all of them are really valid. Yes there are autoers and stuff but theres a reason why RS has those buttons that say "CHAT OFF" or "TRADE OFF". You just mind your business and you won't get fucked. You want them to get out of Java and make a real game? Java is the reason why they are so on top of all of the scams and hacks that go on. Also if they went out of Java I would like to see them try to make  a browser based game without it. Then you would have to download the game at about 500+MB and it just wouldn't be worth it. It would never be as fast, and you would always have lag. So it is a bad idea that they do so. Anyway other people here do have pretty good points. If the game sucks so bad, in your opinion, then why are there more and more members everyday? I've had members for about 4 years now and it was NEVER as populated as it is now.

• rpg-playarpg-playa Member Posts: 5

i think its goin down cuz we r gettin bored but it has improved. i still play it but ppl are scammin and all that crap. ppl r sellin or givin away their account. but cheatin n scammin takes the fun out of the game.

• DemonZabuzaDemonZabuza Member Posts: 71

There is cheating and scamming in every MMORPG.

You just have to be smart and use commonsense to avoid it

• bobdorfbobdorf Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by rpg-playa

i think its goin down cuz we r gettin bored but it has improved. i still play it but ppl are scammin and all that crap. ppl r sellin or givin away their account. but cheatin n scammin takes the fun out of the game.
    Please be aware that jagex has many thousands of active player moderators who do mute people immediately for things like you're describing. Roughly half of them are f2p-only too.

Unfortunately you can't catch everyone and it's rare to get them banned for their first offense. Blame Jagex for being incredibly lenient when it comes to banning (e.g. you get 10 black marks before being banned).

• pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86

When I played runescape in Lumby there was this guy using an auto type program to say  "Selling runescape gold, go to www.rs2goldnow.com" One time there was a mod standing right there, the guy still wasn't banned. If Jagex was so good they would be banning these people. Instead they probaly  have the gold farmers get gold and in return for not banning them they split the profits. This wouldn't unbalance  the RS2  economy more then it already is.

That happens on WoW also.

Someone will pm you with "Buy WoW gold at (blah blah blah)

Happens on Diablo 2 with people selling high runes.

Happens on every MMORPG I've played.

P.S. (Jagex Doesnt Work With Gold Farmers)

Why would they if they could make 1000000000000000000000000000000million gold out of nothing half a sec.

They don't sell gold because it ruins their games econ. Which is a bad thing since they get $5 per month from like 1million people.