Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

please stop this game

aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
hahahaha, this game is a total embarrasment to the movie. It looks like something developers would make when they knew they could make more money on a game that flops

Comments

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by aleos

hahahaha, this game is a total embarrasment to the movie. It looks like something developers would make when they knew they could make more money on a game that flops

You thought the film was good? god.

My blog: image

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

I have to admit, it is really funny to think back to when people were saying PotC would be better than PotBS. It's totally laughable after seeing what PotC turned out to be.

Oh, well. At least the young 6-10 year olds have a game to play now.

• SparrowluvSparrowluv Member Posts: 13

FYI your insanely lucky u get 2 play... I HAVE NOT GOT THE BETA CODE YET   so if u HATE  it so much, count the good things in life! Anywho from reviews i heard its pretty good, after all im looking for a new cool mmorpg, and I LOVE JACK SPARROW! so get over it 

• pahyapahya Member CommonPosts: 19

I believe you just did a good job of proving the above's point.

The graphics look... well, they look horrible :( I'm actually suprised at how bad they look. Are the early beta or such? I hope that's not all the polish that can be expected.

• kiwiloverjjkiwiloverjj Member Posts: 6

yes i agree the graphics do lack a lot of depth but it is going to be like a cheaper version of WoW but it will be a good game   I mean dont yyou want to be like the pirate lord of the caribbean

• snowmonkysnowmonky Member Posts: 93

I actually predicted this demise. Disney loves to make horrible cookie-cutter MMORPG's based on grinds targeted towards children. The movies were great, but the games are a marketing ploy. How sad. POTBS looks promising, although the ground combat is dang boring.

www.oblinq.com/SnowmonkeysTemple/

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

lol this game will be filled with small girls in love with Orlando Bloom, and lil kiddies who love jack sparrow  just like "Sparrowluv".

Its gonna be a flop i guess

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• snowmonkysnowmonky Member Posts: 93

I didn't expect such a film of this caliber to be translated into a child's playground. It is sad how far people go to make money, but I understand that this is a business.

By the way, even if there are far more children outnumbering the more mature age group, it is by way of the mature or responsible gamer to pay for monthly fees. Also, it is much more difficult for children to play online games with subscription fees. They, of course, still get revenue.

www.oblinq.com/SnowmonkeysTemple/

• QSProductionQSProduction Member Posts: 12

maybe its just me but after playing the single player game of pirates of the caribbean, i found it to become an extremely addictive game. ok land battles could be better, but im still thinking the game is more about the ships, and the amount of stuff you can do to them on the single player version is great. then again you get 3 ships and a small pirate thing comes along and you cant shoot it cause its so small, and it captures all your stuff.. thats anoying and what stopped me playing.. actually going into the wilderness and getting eaten by natives is what stopped me playing

• PietoroPietoro Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by Ciccero: The game, since people seem to be gasping for words, is reminiscent of Vandal Hearts in appearance of characters and zone layouts.

I actually was getting more of Monkey Island vibe, but I'm gonna guess that most of the players of this game will be too young to have ever played that.

• SashtonSashton Member Posts: 1

Monkey Island was a good game. This reminded me of monkey island too.

• JT1228JT1228 Member Posts: 23

An MMO for kids, thats great. Yet another scape-goat for lazy parents who dont want to spend time with their kids, but look for someone/somthing to blame when they( the kids) grow up to be anti-social and live in the basement til they turn 50.

just my opinion.

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by JT1228

An MMO for kids, thats great. Yet another scape-goat for lazy parents who dont want to spend time with their kids, but look for someone/somthing to blame when they( the kids) grow up to be anti-social and live in the basement til they turn 50.
    just my opinion.

Yeah, just like Toontown, right? Or are you saying you actually believe that is the end result for people who play MMOs? Believe it or not, lots of games are actually designed for kids--go figure.

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• JT1228JT1228 Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by 0over0

Originally posted by JT1228

just my opinion.

Yeah, just like Toontown, right? Or are you saying you actually believe that is the end result for people who play MMOs? Believe it or not, lots of games are actually designed for kids--go figure.

Not at all, Just asking what happend to go OUTSIDE and play with your friends? At that age, imo, computer gaming is the last thing a kid should be doing.