Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error on trying to run the game in Vista

Heya, i just bought the game  (2007 super wonderful edition), i installed, found the login screen didnt work on vista.  I fixed that issue, registered all the expansions, and left it overnight to download all the updates. 

This morning i see that it says its updated.  I try to play the game.  It says i have no connectivity.  I try browsing the web and it works fine.  I try other MMO clients (DAoC and Shadowbane) and they both work.  FFxi is no bueno.

Anyone know why im getting this issue?  the only indication i get is something about upnp being disabled.

To err is human.
Thank god i'm not human!

Comments

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/game-setup-tweeking-optimizing-q/24312-ports-settings-problems-faq.html

"Most routers these days have uPnP(Universal Plug and Play) and for programs that support uPnP, the software can automatically open and close ports at will.

Open POL and you need to be at the Opening POL screen that shows the member list. Click on network settings and enable uPnP portmap. It will automatically map the ports it needs and the router will map the ports out until the program closes and the ports timeout and close.

You have to make sure that your router supports uPnP and if it doesnt its usually just a matter of a firmware update and the router should support uPnP.

Not all router configuration screens are the same. In fact, every company seems to use a different setup as to make it as hard as possible for the general user. If your router does not support uPnP then the website http://www.portforward.com/ is the best resource for information on configuring your router.

Now its important that you use the triggering option for your router. When triggering is enabled, only a computer on the LAN can trigger a port by accessing it. After the port becomes inactive, there is a small delay before the port closes. this is much safer since it only allows the user on a LAN to open and will automatically close with no user interaction."

• AlierionV2AlierionV2 Member Posts: 4

Great info for my soon to be problems, hah.

• SolkinSolkin Member Posts: 25

Hrmm...  All i had to do was download the Vista version of the playonline viewer and everything works just as its supposed to, and I am behind a hardware firewall. 

• torioustorious Member Posts: 66

they fixed the PS3 support right?

oh if only they could phase out the PS2 version and then upgrade the graphics FFXIVonline, with every race and every job from every FF before it

can i be a moogle? ~kupo

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Originally posted by torious

they fixed the PS3 support right?
    oh if only they could phase out the PS2 version and then upgrade the graphics FFXIVonline, with every race and every job from every FF before it
    can i be a moogle? ~kupo

Yeah, they fixed the PS3 support. I would think it would be incredibly hard to balance every single job and race in the FF universe. If they dropped PS2 and upgraded graphics and did all of that. That is a new game altogether. If they did drop PS2 from XI, they would lose probably over 50% of their subscribers. That wouldn't be a smart business move.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil