Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What movie could be nice to convert into a mmo ?

I just saw BLaderunner on DVD last night, it could be a nice mmo.

What movie do you think could be nice mmo ?

Comments

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

It's not a movie, but I'd love to see a Battlestar Galactica MMO.

And I'd like to hear more about the Firefly MMO that's currently in development.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Mad Max.

D.

• DidumdidajDidumdidaj Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by daelnor

Mad Max.
    D.

Yes could be great i think 

• blaamblaam Member Posts: 111

none,

there is too much sujectivity in a movie ( sepcially about the lore itself that cant really be explprated/explained ina  2/3 hours lenght movie)... that usually result on lot of disapointment.

Originally posted by blaam

none,

there is too much sujectivity in a movie ( sepcially about the lore itself that cant really be explprated/explained ina  2/3 hours lenght movie)... that usually result on lot of disapointment.

Who said that a mmorpg should have 300 pages of lore ?? Btw, many movies have 300 pages lore well shown in 2-3 hours movie.

• ShtupandPLAYShtupandPLAY Member Posts: 41

Star Wars! Oh wait.... they f'd that up...... Seriously how do you screw something so great like Star Wars.....

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

haha OP saw your thread title on main page and instantly thought Bladerunner.

great minds think alike :)

• blaamblaam Member Posts: 111

Originally posted by Didumdidaj

Originally posted by blaam

none,

Who said that a mmorpg should have 300 pages of lore ?? Btw, many movies have 300 pages lore well shown in 2-3 hours movie.

i though we where talking about movies. what a "page" have to do with the topic ?

• ThovenThoven Member Posts: 19

I would have to agree with the comment about Star Wars but I think there is already enough discussion about that elsewhere ;)

What about Saving Private Ryan?  Imagine the PvP potential of Omaha Beach or Bastogne?  Or something based in Sin City maybe? 

www.huxleymedia.com
    www.windows7eleven.com
    www.huxleytech.com

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Movie probably The good the bad and the ugly :) Western MMORPG for the win.

And by the book Cthulhu Mythos by Lovecraft! Cthulhu Online ..

REALITY CHECK

• zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220

star wars :)

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

Don't mind me just testing the new emotes

Carry on...

*EDIT* Oh yeah Bladerunner on HDDVD is gonna rock!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• xnellakxxnellakx Member Posts: 62

Zoolander.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Originally posted by Thillian

Both of those sound awesome, but a Western MMO should have Steampunk thrown in. Somewhere...

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

firefly/serenity

• zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220

btw

mad max would be great too

• dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482

FF VII : Advent Childrem, nuff said. (we need a steampunk mmo :'( )

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Originally posted by star.buck

Originally posted by Thillian

Both of those sound awesome, but a Western MMO should have Steampunk thrown in. Somewhere...

Yeh steampunk western (altho it would remind me wild wild west which is not a good movie:P Actually very bad one) but yeh being able to craft some heavy machinery industrial gadgets would be fun in a western theme;p

REALITY CHECK

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Chronicles of Riddick ! 

Ulysses 31 :P

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Originally posted by xnellakx

Zoolander.
    That was a good answer, that one made me laugh.

Here are my picks:

Fantasy - The Seven Voyages of Sinbad

Sci-Fi - Star Wars

Horror - Fright Night

Real World - The Hunt for Red October

Comedy - It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

• HandsomeRobHandsomeRob Member Posts: 113

The problem with a major movie getting a green light on a MMO is the studio 'suits' that dunno about what would make a good MMO-gameplay, and yet demand you stick to the lore in their little baby.

Like the changes requested / demanded by LEC in Star Wars. How no ebil-do'ers were allowed in LotRO, Think Paramount/CBS ain't looking after the good name of STO? And etc.

When you get a world that needs approval for game play function from an outside controlling agency problems will result. To them it's about the dollars, and not painting the IP name in a bad light.

LEC has blocked any form of 'spice' comming back to SWG due to the correlation with drugs it gained. So C3-P0, and Han Solo can talk about the spice mines of Kessel, but not lil johnny in the MMO.

Funcom at least understood that nudity, sex, and women were very prevelant in the Connan lore, and if a mature rating was the only way to do that, and retain it being done it's due place in the MMO, so be it.

Games Workshop ( creators of the Warhammer lore ) have given the dark elves a very dark sinister background from blood sacrafices, to slavery mutilations it will be interesting to see what, if any transition into the MMO.

I was a big fan of Firefly / Serenity, but as an MMO it may be lacking in content. Spamm for a group to planet x, kill Reavers, and dislike the alliance... It would only work as a free form sand box game, and based upon the success of that type of MMO game design it'll not come to be. How can you place levels upon a companion?

Farscape may work as an MMO due to multi race / species. As well as differing factions to work for or against. Again though as a level based gear-centric grind fest that is current MMO designs...

A western MMO would be a nice change, add in the steam punk stuff, or more call of cuthulu ala Deadlands pen an paper RPG it would be different. Something severly needed in this day of cookie cutters pumped out monthly.

Perhaps the new venture of CCP / white wolf... A Vampire / wearwolf MMO from their pen an paper genre, and the success of the underwold movies.... 

Mankind is not limited by imagination, but the courage to reach....

Western style mmo could be fresh air for a change.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by ShtupandPLAY

Star Wars! Oh wait.... they f'd that up...... Seriously how do you screw something so great like Star Wars.....

*sigh* C'mon BioWare... please?

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• The_HulksterThe_Hulkster Member Posts: 16

Spaghetti Western IMO.

Cowboys, Outlaws, Sheriffs and Marshalls, Indians, Chinese, European Businessmen, Speculators, Miners, Gamblers, Trappers, Skinners, Traders....

Saloons, Railroads, Goldmines, Lumber Mills, Deserts, General Stores, Mountains, Wilderness.

Plenty of fighting and plenty of crafting.  Build a town, build a mine, link rails, and blow up safes full of cash!

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

I had 2 ideas recently about this that I'd like to share, although they're only loosely based on movies.

The first is some kind of Heaven and Hell type of game where demons and angels fight for souls in a post-apocalyptic world. I have no idea what movie this would be based on but nevertheless I thought it would be a decent setting.

Secondly, a neanderthal man type of setting (perhaps with a slight fantasy thrown in) where players could form tribes (rather then guilds) and develop their own primitive culture, belief system, etc. This idea I think would alow for a lot of creativity for an immersive world. I was thining of something like Quest for Fire for inspiration on this one.

I was just trying to think outside the box on these ideas.